Time's 2017 Person of the Year

Is the woman Sharpton assaulted on the cover. How about Conyers accusers?

Is a movement.

TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers

But on that November morning, what separated them was less important than what brought them together: a shared experience. Over the course of six weeks, TIME interviewed dozens of people representing at least as many industries, all of whom had summoned extraordinary personal courage to speak out about sexual harassment at their jobs. They often had eerily similar stories to share.

In almost every case, they described not only the vulgarity of the harassment itself—years of lewd comments, forced kisses, opportunistic gropes—but also the emotional and psychological fallout from those advances. Almost everybody described wrestling with a palpable sense of shame. Had she somehow asked for it? Could she have deflected it? Was she making a big deal out of nothing?

"I thought, What just happened? Why didn't I react?" says the anonymous hospital worker who fears for her family's livelihood should her story come out in her small community. "I kept thinking, Did I do something, did I say something, did I look a certain way to make him think that was O.K.?" It's a poisonous, useless thought, she adds, but how do you avoid it? She remembers the shirt she was wearing that day. She can still feel the heat of her harasser's hands on her body.

I kind of like the fact that Trump didn't win, but his accusers did (in part.) He wants to be on the cover so badly, he made fake covers to hang in his properties.

So here's to the women and men of #MeToo who finally broke the silence.

Is a movement.

TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers

But on that November morning, what separated them was less important than what brought them together: a shared experience. Over the course of six weeks, TIME interviewed dozens of people representing at least as many industries, all of whom had summoned extraordinary personal courage to speak out about sexual harassment at their jobs. They often had eerily similar stories to share.

In almost every case, they described not only the vulgarity of the harassment itself—years of lewd comments, forced kisses, opportunistic gropes—but also the emotional and psychological fallout from those advances. Almost everybody described wrestling with a palpable sense of shame. Had she somehow asked for it? Could she have deflected it? Was she making a big deal out of nothing?

"I thought, What just happened? Why didn't I react?" says the anonymous hospital worker who fears for her family's livelihood should her story come out in her small community. "I kept thinking, Did I do something, did I say something, did I look a certain way to make him think that was O.K.?" It's a poisonous, useless thought, she adds, but how do you avoid it? She remembers the shirt she was wearing that day. She can still feel the heat of her harasser's hands on her body.

I kind of like the fact that Trump didn't win, but his accusers did (in part.) He wants to be on the cover so badly, he made fake covers to hang in his properties.

So here's to the women and men of #MeToo who finally broke the silence.

The last bitches anyone wants to see on the cover a fuckin mag, is that of majority white mops, who whine today, and the sole reason Trump is in office.....can't have your fuckin cake and eat it too. If the magazine was smart, it would put on its cover.....a photo of satan....it covers everybody and everything

Libtards are such hypocrites, not a single woman assaulted or raped by Clinton was on that magazine, not a single one assaulted by Franken or that Conyers from Detroit either!

Forum List

Back