Time

The more time that you've expereinced, the faster time seems to pass.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd just gotten out of school for the summer?

Remember how far in the distance going back to school seemed back then?

At my age, subjectively speaking, at least, 3 months now seems like no time at all.

I sometimes quip that now I feel like I could hold my breath for three months because its such a short period of time.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd just gotten out of school for the summer?

At my age, subjectively speaking, at least, 3 months now seems like no time at all.

I sometimes quip that now I feel like I could hold my breath for three months because its such a short period of time.

Three years seem like no time at all any more.

I was going to say the same thing. I remember summer vacation seemed to go on forever when I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult...I blink and almost miss it. Seems like my kids just got out of school...now on the 9th of Aug...they register for the new school year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13olfeD026g]YouTube - Mother's Little Helper The Rolling Stones[/ame]

Definitely 13-20 seemed longer than 20 to now (which is 31). I couldn't wait to grow up, move out, move on, etc. At 22, I had my oldest son, and now I sit here, looking at him about to turn 10, and I wonder "Where the hell did the time go?" lol Got together with my boyfriend almost a year ago, and it feels like he's been in my life forever. Got divorced almost 7 years ago, and it seems like longer. I don't know if it's watching the kids grow up, or if it's just growing older myself, but I definitely feel like time passes way faster now than it used to.

Definitely 13-20 seemed longer than 20 to now (which is 31). I couldn't wait to grow up, move out, move on, etc. At 22, I had my oldest son, and now I sit here, looking at him about to turn 10, and I wonder "Where the hell did the time go?" lol Got together with my boyfriend almost a year ago, and it feels like he's been in my life forever. Got divorced almost 7 years ago, and it seems like longer. I don't know if it's watching the kids grow up, or if it's just growing older myself, but I definitely feel like time passes way faster now than it used to.

The next ten will go faster than that.

13 to 20 was about 1/3 of your time in existence....and almost 50% of your cognizant or memorable life time, it was an eternity!

13 to 20 was about 1/3 of your time in existence....and almost 50% of your cognizant or memorable life time, it was an eternity!

And did you notice after you got out, it was as if they took you from a pond to th ocean.

And did you notice after you got out, it was as if they took you from a pond to th ocean.

I was not prepared for the vastness of the adult world....it took me sometime to get my bearings....:redface:

Led a sheltered life eh! I about raised myself from around 12 or 13.

Last edited:

I was not prepared for the vastness of the adult world....it took me sometime to get my bearings....:redface:

Yes, yes I did live a sheltered life in my childhood....and a good and happy one at that, at least during that time period....

It was a disservice to me in the end though, and handicapped me, in the real world, which took some time to overcome....and I am still trying to overcome....as example, I still want to believe most people are good and want to do what is right and just.....

Yes, yes I did live a sheltered life in my childhood....and a good and happy one at that, at least during that time period....

It was a disservice to me in the end though, and handicapped me, in the real world, which took some time to overcome....and I am still trying to overcome....as example, I still want to believe most people are good and want to do what is right and just.....

That should be the first lesson taught, trust no one and the second, parents should not be to protective let children experience life at a young age.

I look at it this way. The more you love something the faster time moves. The more you hate something the slower time moves.

....as example, I still want to believe most people are good and want to do what is right and just.....

I'd go along with that care. But I'd add that I think what people perceive to be right and just in their mind isn't the same as what everyone else thinks. What one person thinks is right and just another may not.

Forum List

Back