Time traveling crucifixion paradox.......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
This year, Passover is from April 6th to April 14th.

Easter is on the 8th of April.

Now.............Yeshua showed up in Jerusalem to celebrate Passover, and He was crucified on the Friday after it started.

If the last day of Passover is the 14th, why do Christians celebrate His resurrection before He was crucified?

And eggs and rabbits.

I always chuckle about churches having easter egg hunts :D

they still have not quite figured out how to co-opt Haloween. Give em another 100 years though.

Last edited:
Well, the Romans had to do something to placate the pagan tribes to get them to accept the new religion that they'd taken from Jerusalem.

Yep
That is what it is all about.
Funny thing is when they finally do co-opt Halloween the Christians will think it has always been that way. Just like Christmas.

Now.............Yeshua showed up in Jerusalem to celebrate Passover, and He was crucified on the Friday after it started.

If the last day of Passover is the 14th, why do Christians celebrate His resurrection before He was crucified?

How the Easter Date is Determined

Another prophesy fullfilled was the darkness that occured while Christ hung on the cross.
It was impossible that it was an eclipse given the location of the moon on passover, and no eclipse can last for 3 hours.

But, after the Christians help figure out this time travel issue, I'd also like them to explain the eggs, rabbits, Sunrise service and exactly what do all of them have to do with the REAL resurrection?

How the Easter Date is Determined

Another prophesy fullfilled was the darkness that occured while Christ hung on the cross.
It was impossible that it was an eclipse given the location of the moon on passover, and no eclipse can last for 3 hours.

But like I said, if Jesus was Jewish (which He was, which is why He was in Jerusalem to celebrate Passover), why is it that the Christians screwed up the calendar dates? You DO realize that Easter is dated around the same time as the Spring solstice, right?

But..............if they could screw up His birthday, why not screw up the date He died?

Christians use a calender. Jews used nature's cycles to determine their events. Passover was celebrated on the first full moon following the vernal equinox. Jews didn't use a date, they used a moon. Christians usurped pagan religious dates and replaced them with Christian alternatives.

Christians use a calender. Jews used nature's cycles to determine their events. Passover was celebrated on the first full moon following the vernal equinox. Jews didn't use a date, they used a moon. Christians usurped pagan religious dates and replaced them with Christian alternatives.

Meaning that the took the pagan religious dates, mixed in a little bit of pagan worship, and then mixed that in with what they took from Jerusalem.

Like I said, Christianity is pagan worship.

But, after the Christians help figure out this time travel issue, I'd also like them to explain the eggs, rabbits, Sunrise service and exactly what do all of them have to do with the REAL resurrection?

The eggs are from a pagan fertility rite as are the rabbits. When the pagans converted they transfered some of their former beliefs to Christianity. The eggs became a symbol of rebirth,resurrection etc. The rabbits near as I can figure have no duel meaning they just look cute. The sunrise service is because at sunrise is when the resurrection occurred and was discovered by the Apostles.

Meaning that the took the pagan religious dates, mixed in a little bit of pagan worship, and then mixed that in with what they took from Jerusalem.

Like I said, Christianity is pagan worship.

They gave up the pagan worship but tried to keep their favorite holidays by re-inventing some of their customs to fit Christianity. We don't worship the pagan gods.

You are confusing the two.
Jews celebrate passover from April 6 -14. They are celebrating their exodus from Egypt.
Christians commemorate the Crucifixion of Jesus, from April 1-8.

Speaking as SOME KIND of Christan, I didn't realize that EASTER was this Sunday until yesterday.

Why is this Sunday?

Who cares?

Another bogus 'gotchya' moment from Biker... it's the same thing every Christmas and every Easter. We Christians are too stupid to know the history of our own religion, so he has to teach us. :lol:

No, Christianity isn't pagan worship, although some officials did mingle or try to trump one's festival with an other's. Christians worship Christ, not December 25th.

So why did every church I ever went to have a Christmas tree inside the church?
That is Pagan.

Last edited:

You are confusing the two.
Jews celebrate passover from April 6 -14. They are celebrating their exodus from Egypt.
Christians commemorate the Crucifixion of Jesus, from April 1-8.

Jesus was in town for the passover and was crucified by the romans at the Jews urging within days for running the money changers from the temple.

Forum List

Back