Time traveler caught in 1928 film?

But whom is she speaking to so lively?

Where do you actually make out enough in that old ass video to confirm that she's "speaking"?
Look at her mouth and facial expressions

I see her mouth moving, which constitutes any number of things.

I'm going on the assumption that a time traveler isn't going to be walking around in the 20's out in public, talking to herself on an object that isn't invented for another 60 years.

A time traveler that had a reason to be talking on a cell phone that actually worked when brought back in time to begin with, would probably be ducking off into a private spot to handle that business if it was something that important that she needed to be talking at that moment.

Looks to me like black gloves in the hand and the hand is also holding the hat down

Occam's Razor on this one.

Sorry.

Although she may be calling the police to notify them that Biff stole her Delorean while she left it unattended by the entrance to Hilldale.

She is a time traveler from an apocalyptic future where all women look like Earnest Borgnine. She was sent back in time to kill the young child Borgnine and save the future of beauty.

She may be chewing. Or have denture problems. Or may be talking to herself. Or may be holding her ear since it's loud. Or cold. Or may be hiding her face as she walks by, only to peek, then make some sort of exclamation.

Any explanation makes more sense than that she was either talking on a device or is a time traveler.

1924-pic01.jpg

Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.

1924-pic02.jpg
1924-pic03.jpg

A fundamental patent

For a while, the carbon amplifier patented by Siemens played a major role in hearing aid technology and significantly raised the volume of hearing aids.

The electrical energy controlled by the carbon microphone was not fed to the receiver directly. It first drove the diaphragm of an electromagnetic system connected to a carbon-granule chamber. Current was transmitted across this chamber from the vibrating diaphragm electrode to the fixed electrode plate.

The amplified current produced mechanical vibrations in the electromagnetic hearing diaphragm that were then transmitted to the ear as sound.

You're on your own as to why her mouth is moving as though she's speaking to someone.

If this is what the person was using, it's still odd that they would be holding it up to their ear all the time, just walking down the street. Wouldn't a person only hold it up to their ear during an actual conversation? Toward the end of the clip, you can see their mouth moving.

Here'e my thought:

Maybe it is a time traveler. Maybe it is not.

However, neither theory can be proven or disproven.

And the proof or disproof of either theory has no bearing on anything...nothing else in life changes.

Essentially, this entire issue is the definition of pointless.

Forum List

Back