Time traveler caught in 1928 film?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Not to say I believe this is what it is...but it is pretty interesting.
A woman (but actually appears to be a man in womens clothing, which is something else odd about it) does appear to be talking on a device like a modern-day blackberry walking across a sidewalk.
You have to fastforward a bit to get past this boring guy talking about it.

Cell phone mystery in 1928 Chaplin film | Movies | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's not a cell phone, it's clearly an Amazon Kindle but the woman does not know how to operate it

It is unlikely one would have anyone to talk to as there were very few repeater towers working @ the time.

well yeah...I would say if someone had the technology to travel across time...they would have a device beyond the need for towers.

At any rate...it is peculiar footage.
What I think? It is a plant. Someone in the film thought it would be funny to take a guy, put him in women's clothing, and have him pretend to be talking into a futuristic device of some kind.
What the guy found...is a very old easter egg.

Interesting, to say the least. Say it is a "cell phone" type device. The person is obviously talking into it. My first question is, how did this person doing this end up in a scene in a movie. Aren't those sets and shots controlled as who is in them? I guess one explanation would be that this person "popped in" there through time... :eusa_eh:

A woman (but actually appears to be a man in womens clothing, which is something else odd about it) does appear to be talking on a device like a modern-day blackberry walking across a sidewalk.

Several problems with the claim. One, no satellites and no cell towers in 1928 to provide a means for the signal to go anywhere. Two no one else had cell phones in 1928, who exactly is the person supposedly talking too. Three no evidence this person is even talking. Four no verifiable evidence by the motion picture film that they have a cell phone.

Several problems with the claim. One, no satellites and no cell towers in 1928 to provide a means for the signal to go anywhere. Two no one else had cell phones in 1928, who exactly is the person supposedly talking too. Three no evidence this person is even talking. Four no verifiable evidence by the motion picture film that they have a cell phone.

That's all pretty much a given RGS, so it begs the question... what is the person holding up to their head appearing to be jabbering into, and why?

That's all pretty much a given RGS, so it begs the question... what is the person holding up to their head appearing to be jabbering into, and why?

You do not have a clear enough or long enough picture to even make the claim the person is talking at all. And the place I watched this at the presenter mentioned that in the time filmed people used horns to hear better with, small horns placed in their ears.

1924-pic01.jpg

Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.

1924-pic02.jpg
1924-pic03.jpg

A fundamental patent

For a while, the carbon amplifier patented by Siemens played a major role in hearing aid technology and significantly raised the volume of hearing aids.

The electrical energy controlled by the carbon microphone was not fed to the receiver directly. It first drove the diaphragm of an electromagnetic system connected to a carbon-granule chamber. Current was transmitted across this chamber from the vibrating diaphragm electrode to the fixed electrode plate.

The amplified current produced mechanical vibrations in the electromagnetic hearing diaphragm that were then transmitted to the ear as sound.

You're on your own as to why her mouth is moving as though she's speaking to someone.

Last edited:
o yes....someone has the ability to time travel....but then cant avoid being filmed....

do yall even have a brain cell? debating cell phone towers..hello...if they mastered time travel...

o i may as well be talking to myself here

o yes....someone has the ability to time travel....but then cant avoid being filmed....

do yall even have a brain cell? debating cell phone towers..hello...if they mastered time travel...

o i may as well be talking to myself here

Haha...that's what I'm sayin...it's pretty much a given that this isn't time travel. What interested me more was what were they actually trying to do?
The way the person walks looks masculine, he/she is smiling and obviously talking.
I think it is a little joke that took 82 years for someone to notice it.

Forum List

Back