Time Travel - John Titor

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Now, this guy might have been a hoax, but if he really did post in 2000 as many say he did, then his predictions, fraud or not, seem to be pretty prophetic. If he is (was) real, then all hell is about to break loose in this country.

It is interesting reading whether you believe it or not. I heard somebody talking about this guy on Coast to Coast AM with George Noorey (the old host, Art Bell retired and the show is known for some crzy topics!).

Was he a brilliant fraud, or an ordinary soldier from 2036?

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

freeandfun1 said:
Now, this guy might have been a hoax, but if he really did post in 2000 as many say he did, then his predictions, fraud or not, seem to be pretty prophetic. If he is (was) real, then all hell is about to break loose in this country.

It is interesting reading whether you believe it or not. I heard somebody talking about this guy on Coast to Coast AM with George Noorey (the old host, Art Bell retired and the show is known for some crzy topics!).

Was he a brilliant fraud, or an ordinary soldier from 2036?

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Interesting stuff. I like Noorey, but don't get a chance to listen very often.

I've never heard of John Titor until today, I have seen similar predictions about the future with regard to society, war and many other things he mentioned. What do you think, US civil war?

I think this might be the same guy I heard on the radio back in '99. I was riding to work with a friend of mine and he liked to listen to Art Bell on the ride home. I don't remember the guys name or much of what he said, but he claimed to be from the future and I remember something about a civil war. This being at the height of the Y2K scare, Bell asked him if there were any major problems that stemmed from computer malfunctions or anything like that. Apparently it was the first time anyone had thought to ask about it because he sounded like he almost swallowed his tongue trying to snap up with an answer. After a pause, he said something along the lines of, "Yes, that was the...uh...Great Computer...uh...Failure of the 21st Century." He went on to claim that Y2K would cause major problems, causing riots in some areas, but it would all smooth over after about two years. As I recall, the worst thing that happened due to Y2K was some people in West Texas getting electric bills that showed they were 100 years overdue.

Said1 said:
Interesting stuff. I like Noorey, but don't get a chance to listen very often.

I've never heard of John Titor until today, I have seen similar predictions about the future with regard to society, war and many other things he mentioned. What do you think, US civil war?

The one thing that makes me doubt the story (other than normal skepticism about things 'unknow') is the fact that he says the "countryside" starts fighting the "cities" because our civil rights are taken away in the name of security. I see a 'civil war' being possible for such reasons, but I would generally expect that the cities, being more liberal, would be the ones that would be upset about civil rights being taken away in the name of security (does that make sense?).

Other than that, it is a FACT that has been proven that he started posting in 2000. Based on that alone, it gives me pause, seeing that that (civil rights / security) is a topic that is being hotly debated today due to events that took place AFTER he STOPPED posting. Either way, the guy saw SOMETHING coming somehow.

I do believe that the USA is closer to possible civil war now more than anytime since , well, the civil war.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I think this might be the same guy I heard on the radio back in '99. I was riding to work with a friend of mine and he liked to listen to Art Bell on the ride home. I don't remember the guys name or much of what he said, but he claimed to be from the future and I remember something about a civil war. This being at the height of the Y2K scare, Bell asked him if there were any major problems that stemmed from computer malfunctions or anything like that. Apparently it was the first time anyone had thought to ask about it because he sounded like he almost swallowed his tongue trying to snap up with an answer. After a pause, he said something along the lines of, "Yes, that was the...uh...Great Computer...uh...Failure of the 21st Century." He went on to claim that Y2K would cause major problems, causing riots in some areas, but it would all smooth over after about two years. As I recall, the worst thing that happened due to Y2K was some people in West Texas getting electric bills that showed they were 100 years overdue.

not the same guy. This guy didn't come onto the scene until Nov 2000.

freeandfun1 said:
not the same guy. This guy didn't come onto the scene until Nov 2000.

Yeah, I saw he started posting on the web in November of 2000, but he might have been sround before then. The radio thing was around November 1999. Could still be him, but it's not out of the question that there were two time travelers out there about the same time.

freeandfun1 said:
The one thing that makes me doubt the story (other than normal skepticism about things 'unknow') is the fact that he says the "countryside" starts fighting the "cities" because our civil rights are taken away in the name of security. I see a 'civil war' being possible for such reasons, but I would generally expect that the cities, being more liberal, would be the ones that would be upset about civil rights being taken away in the name of security (does that make sense?).

Yes it does make sense, plus I think there would be tensions now, I don't think this is something that would develop overnight, and 2005 is very close. I have to admit, when he said society will value security more than freedom (or something along those lines) that kinda gave me a chill.

There are many things that make me doubt his story too, but most of what he had to say was interesting, and fairly accurate - as far as where things COULD lead.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Yeah, I saw he started posting on the web in November of 2000, but he might have been sround before then. The radio thing was around November 1999. Could still be him, but it's not out of the question that there were two time travelers out there about the same time.

I did a little more reading and I guess he does say somewhere that he went back to 1975 and "informed" his grandfather of the y2K bug.

Anyway, it is just fun to read.

I hate to say it, but unlike said1, I do believe that things could "change overnight" that would lead to a civil war. His contention was that the war started around the 2004 elections. I guess we will know soon enough. However, he also says that until about 2008, many will only view the "fighting" as domestic terrorists and that the events will be more like Waco than anything else.

Makes ya wonder, who will be elected president in 2004? He states that the President is more of just a "leader" which makes you wonder if he is saying that, once again, the count is so close, that the "courts" make the final decision. he states that the President elected in 2008 is only concerned about protecting his/her (I found it interesting that in 2008, he says his/her but about 2004, he clearly stated the president would be a man - makes you wonder about Hillary in 2008....) power base.

Said1 said:
Yes it does make sense, plus I think there would be tensions now. . . .

I agree, but let me ask you this.... do you really feel that there are NO tensions now? I see a lot of tension and with the announcement today that the UN IS sending observers to "oversee" our elections in 2004, it makes you wonder if there isn't more tension than we are ourselves, now unwilling to recognize.

freeandfun1 said:
I agree, but let me ask you this.... do you really feel that there are NO tensions now? I see a lot of tension and with the announcement today that the UN IS sending observers to "oversee" our elections in 2004, it makes you wonder if there isn't more tension than we are ourselves, now unwilling to recognize.

Yes I do feel there are tensions now, and I suppose the civil conflict he may be speaking of could come, at first, in the form of rioting, and waco like incidents (as he said). I'm up here in Canada, and am able to see tensions, and divisions among Americans very clearly, almost like a third party I guess.

On the other hand, I don't live in America, so I have to rely on what I read, and what few Americans I know say about the civil situation in your country, so I'm not a good judge either.

I also didn't know until now that the UN was sending observers to oversee your next elections. Judging by the effectiveness of the UN in the past, I would say you don't have much to worry about, and I somewhat question their real intentions in doing so.

Said1 said:
Yes I do feel there are tensions now, and I suppose the civil conflict he may be speaking of could come, at first, in the form of rioting, and waco like incidents (as he said). I'm up here in Canada, and am able to see tensions, and divisions among Americans very clearly, almost like a third party I guess.

On the other hand, I don't live in America, so I have to rely on what I read, and what few Americans I know say about the civil situation in your country, so I'm not a good judge either.

I also didn't know until now that the UN was sending observers to oversee your next elections. Judging by the effectiveness of the UN in the past, I would say you don't have much to worry about, and I somewhat question their real intentions in doing so.

Here is a possible scenario.....

Bush wins the election, but the UN observers falsely claim that he "stole" the election (the UN and the DNC are like two peas in a pod). Based on that, tensions continue to rise and the courts step in and "appoint" Kerry as President (maybe that is why the guy said the President that wins in 2004 isn't the President of the US, but the "leader" of the US). Or, perhaps, let's say that Kerry wins, but because of a terrorist incident on the day of the election, Bush does not concede as he feels that not all votes were counted....

I could see many scenarios that could happen. If nothing else, reading this guy's stuff has got me to thinking about how EASY it would be for us to erupt into a civil war overnight. I really do think that the left and the right are SO far apart on SO many issues that it wouldn't be that difficult to make the proverbial "shit hit the fan"!

freeandfun1 said:

Other than that, it is a FACT that has been proven that he started posting in 2000. Based on that alone, it gives me pause, seeing that that (civil rights / security) is a topic that is being hotly debated today due to events that took place AFTER he STOPPED posting. Either way, the guy saw SOMETHING coming somehow.

I do believe that the USA is closer to possible civil war now more than anytime since , well, the civil war.

I just don't get how the liberals see their civil rights being taken away in the name of security by our own voted-in legislation such as the Patriot Act etc. but they don't see our civil rights being taken away when outside organizations such as the UN being let in to "monitor" things in the name of security?

ScreamingEagle said:
I just don't get how the liberals see their civil rights being taken away in the name of security by our own voted-in legislation such as the Patriot Act etc. but they don't see our civil rights being taken away when outside organizations such as the UN being let in to "monitor" things in the name of security?

Excellent point!

ScreamingEagle said:

I guess they just want to make sure their guy loses fairly. :tng:

Like I said, I think the UN getting invovled in your elections seems pretty fishy. How would Kerry's invovlement with UN go if he won - and lets just say he won without the presence of their observers.

I see no reason to believe this guy.

1)If i was someone from the future and was trying to warn people why would i only do so in a few message boards frequented by people who are nuts? I mean if you thought it was that important to travel back in time and warn people about it, wouldnt you try to get more publicity for your message? maybe go someplace credible? And why on earth would you go home without succeeding so quickly? i dont buy it.

2)I think all anyone has to do is look at the political world and you could come up with half the stuff he came up with. Civil war in the USA? Ive been saying i think its quite likely for the past three years or so and ive never heard of this guy. All ive based it on is the incredible hatred the liberals have for the President and how much they are going to go off the deep end when President Bush wins again. Not to mention the highly polarizing position of most of the issues lately. War is just likely though i dont know if it will be in a few years or decades. regardless i hope im wrong. Also, there have been a prediction of a war between Republicans and Democrats for nearly a hundred years. whats so amazing about that?

I see no reason to believe this guy.

1)If i was someone from the future and was trying to warn people why would i only do so in a few message boards frequented by people who are nuts? I mean if you thought it was that important to travel back in time and warn people about it, wouldnt you try to get more publicity for your message? maybe go someplace credible? And why on earth would you go home without succeeding so quickly? i dont buy it.
That's how I feel too. Why wouldn't he tell this to the major networks and newspapers? Why wouldn't he be much more specific about everything? Why am I hearing about this for the first time now?

Mr. P said:

Yup. The link is kind of what I was thinking.

When I looked at the pictures of the time travel "machine", myself having a degree in Electrical Engineering, I thought to myself, "why would a sophisticated machine that could propel you through time, fowards or backwards, have a remote control, of which was HARD WIRED in with a old dated COILED WIRE that looks like it's off an old Midland CB radio"? "And why does the machine appear to be mounted in the front seat of a circa 1969 Camaro?" "Couldn't they find a DeLorean?" :rolleyes: "And am I to believe that enough power can be generated with a set of BATTERIES to distort gravity and time??!! (They'd need a "FLUX CAPACITOR" for that... :D ).

One word folks.... NAAAAAAAAAA....

Forum List

Back