Time to take the unemployed off the teets.

Learn to drive a truck and such are the only job ads in my local paper.

Whats wrong with having truck driving skills? One of my neighbors who was disk jockey on the radio took the initiative to learn to drive a tractor rig, and starting making runs down to L.A. Another relative drives a rig for a living, family of 4 and taking care of his mom.

Too many people think, Well all I have ever done is be a waitress at the café, I can't possibly drive a car and deliver pharmaceuticals for a drug company. So they on their ass until they loose everything, and then go be a prostitute or deliver papers on a bike.

Whats wrong with having truck driving skills? One of my neighbors who was disk jockey on the radio took the initiative to learn to drive a tractor rig, and starting making runs down to L.A. Another relative drives a rig for a living, family of 4 and taking care of his mom.

Too many people think, Well all I have ever done is be a waitress at the café, I can't possibly drive a car and deliver pharmaceuticals for a drug company. So they on their ass until they loose everything, and then go be a prostitute or deliver papers on a bike.

Many of us who lost our jobs are considered "too old" to do some of the jobs you're suggesting. I can usually pass for younger (I'm 62) until they ask for me to complete an application. Then the whole tone of the interview changes and I don't hear back.

Many of us who lost our jobs are considered "too old" to do some of the jobs you're suggesting. I can usually pass for younger (I'm 62) until they ask for me to complete an application. Then the whole tone of the interview changes and I don't hear back.

Age discrimination is blatant.

Forum List

Back