Time to stop using Google?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://interestalert.com/brand/site...r&Fid=NATIONAL&Type=News&Filter=National News

Search engine is cash engine for Democrats

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14 (UPI) -- Employees of U.S.-based search engine Google gave $207,650 to federal candidates for the 2004 elections -- virtually all of it to Democrats.

A USA Today analysis published Monday indicated 98 percent of the money went to Democrats, the most-lopsided giving of any of the top tech company donors.

Microsoft was the biggest tech donor, with its political action committee contributing $3.1 million last year, 60 percent to Democrats.

Overall, 53 percent of high-tech industry contributions went to Democrats, said the liberal Center for Responsive Politics, a group that tracks campaign spending and contributions.

Republicans must work hard to win support from a company whose employees seem philosophically wed to Democrats, CRP's Larry Noble said.

Google declined to discuss employee campaign contributions but the among the company's top 2004 givers was Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt, whose biggest single donation was $25,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

No wonder all the democratic sites list first when trying to do searches on anything political.

I don't understand why Microsoft gave 60% of their contributions to the party that wants to see their company dead.

-Cp said:
http://interestalert.com/brand/site...r&Fid=NATIONAL&Type=News&Filter=National News

Search engine is cash engine for Democrats

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14 (UPI) -- Employees of U.S.-based search engine Google gave $207,650 to federal candidates for the 2004 elections -- virtually all of it to Democrats.

A USA Today analysis published Monday indicated 98 percent of the money went to Democrats, the most-lopsided giving of any of the top tech company donors.

Microsoft was the biggest tech donor, with its political action committee contributing $3.1 million last year, 60 percent to Democrats.

Overall, 53 percent of high-tech industry contributions went to Democrats, said the liberal Center for Responsive Politics, a group that tracks campaign spending and contributions.

Republicans must work hard to win support from a company whose employees seem philosophically wed to Democrats, CRP's Larry Noble said.

Google declined to discuss employee campaign contributions but the among the company's top 2004 givers was Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt, whose biggest single donation was $25,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

This is making even more sense!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=242665#post242665

Huckleburry said:
I think that it was Republicans that led the charge against Microsoft.

I didn't know the GOP ran Clinton's Justice Department. I didn't know the GOP appointed Janet Reno.

It always makes me laugh when Republicans take massive contributions from big polluters, big tobacco, big oil, and big heavy industry and then bitch because the tech sector gives more to Democrats. Do I have to say Ken Lay? Of course, the dirty little secret is that most big corporations donate huge sums of money to both parties, though they usually split it 60-40 or 70-30 one way, who gets the bigger share depends largely on the industry, though most, I'd wager give more to the GOP because of their pro-business, anti-union, anti-environmental restriction platform.

acludem

acludem said:
It always makes me laugh when Republicans take massive contributions from big polluters, big tobacco, big oil, and big heavy industry and then bitch because the tech sector gives more to Democrats. Do I have to say Ken Lay? Of course, the dirty little secret is that most big corporations donate huge sums of money to both parties, though they usually split it 60-40 or 70-30 one way, who gets the bigger share depends largely on the industry, though most, I'd wager give more to the GOP because of their pro-business, anti-union, anti-environmental restriction platform.

acludem

really .... always makes me laugh when the libs drive their swedish cars to protest big oli companies and outsourcing

Forum List

Back