Time to revise the Second Amendment

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Who really cares?

Conservatives don't read the first part of the Second Amendment anyway. We no longer have well regulated militias requiring armed civilians anyway. Why not bring it up to date?

You still have your precious the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
to keep you well armed. Why not just highlight the real impact of all those guns?

Is there ANY chance of having an adult conversation on this? I truly see both sides of this and do not know what it the right thing to do. I own one handgun for personal protection, and feel that is all I need. Does that mean I disagree with Joe's right to own as many AR-15's as he wants? Absolutely not. But Obama had a few good points to make you think. Are we willing to continue in our thinking that gun violence and death is just the norm? I personally could care less if two adult idiots want to shoot each other in the street of NY or Detroit, or right here in Richmond, VA. But, 20 CHILDREN? Are we willing to say that we cannot do more to stop this sort of thing from happening in the future?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back