Time To Pull In The Horns?

Jul 9, 2009
Whilst many may relish America's military might and escapades around the globe would America and its people be actually better off if it retreated from this stance?

Spending trillions that it has not got on wars and weaponry at the expense of so many other programs would not the country and the people be better off if the money was used for the betterment of the country. The US could still be militarily strong regionally and for defense.

Has said such expenditure and foreign wars actually made Americans, safer, stronger or better off it would not appear so. I 'm sure there must be many Americans who now think that the meddling in the affairs of others has done nothing for the country or its people. Would it matter that much if the US was not top dog, (or so it thinks) would the people not feel happier and better off for having free health care, good education, less crime and a sustainable future.

Or is the country so far gone that it cannot return to being more insular that war and more of it is the only thing that is keeping the country afloat? For all the lies that are told to the American people there does not appear any contender for invading the country any time in the past or for the foreseeable future. How long can the bogus WOT be sustained and at what cost to the nation and its people.

We certainly should adopt a foreign policy of non-interventionism. Our military escapades around the world have cost far too many American lives, have nearly bankrupted us, and have left us hated and resented by much of the world. Our military presence in over 130 countries doesn't make us any safer it simply gives people a reason to want to attack us.

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks, they can kiss my American ass and bark at the hole.

But I think we do need to reel back on our foreign commitments and presence. We are in a lot of places we don't need to be, and are completely ignoring very real threats to our security like the 4GW being waged by China on our southern border.

As much as I'd like to just be able to mind our own business, unfortunately the rest of the world won't allow that. We tried isolationism before...with the results of massive American carnage in terms of lives and treasure in WWI and WWII as we saved Europe's ass from their own bungling. History teaches that if we went to an isolationist stance again, we'd be back overseas, likely in Europe, expending hundreds of thousands of American lives cleaning up someone else's mess to safeguard our own security.

We need to maintain a forward presence. We just need to do it a lot smarter, and dedicate forces only when there is a genuine menace to our security and only if we go there to win.

Whilst many may relish America's military might and escapades around the globe would America and its people be actually better off if it retreated from this stance?

Spending trillions that it has not got on wars and weaponry at the expense of so many other programs would not the country and the people be better off if the money was used for the betterment of the country. The US could still be militarily strong regionally and for defense.

Has said such expenditure and foreign wars actually made Americans, safer, stronger or better off it would not appear so. I 'm sure there must be many Americans who now think that the meddling in the affairs of others has done nothing for the country or its people. Would it matter that much if the US was not top dog, (or so it thinks) would the people not feel happier and better off for having free health care, good education, less crime and a sustainable future.

Or is the country so far gone that it cannot return to being more insular that war and more of it is the only thing that is keeping the country afloat? For all the lies that are told to the American people there does not appear any contender for invading the country any time in the past or for the foreseeable future. How long can the bogus WOT be sustained and at what cost to the nation and its people.

Not any dumber than spending trillions it doesn't have interfering with private sector industries.

Not any dumber than spending trillions it doesn't have interfering with private sector industries.

We need to stop doing that as well.

we should not have one base or troop anywhere in the world other than on us soil....unless it is requested in writing and paid for in full by the requesting party...and it must be voted on by the house and senate....pres can veto....

further ... not one penny of foreign aid to anyone for anything.....

i want american tax dollars spent on americans in america.....

i have been saying this for as long as i can remember....

The reason why America is where it is at now is because it was designed that way. Whilst most Americans think they threw off the yoke of control at the end of the war of independance they could not be more wrong. The country today is just as ruled now as it was then by rich and powerful European familes with a good dose of Zionist contol thrown in for good measure.

What is and has happened to the US is just a continuing process that has been employed by the parasites that run the show. its got nothing to do with the American people, patriotism or anything else. America was just a big bank ripe for the robbing and its people to be used as cannon fodder. But there is more to come.

Forum List

Back