Time to invade Yemen?

... did I hear some bombs in the South American jungle hitting drug cartel targets?

I have actually been involved in the drug war in three or so different situations. Taking the fight to other countries with the intent of preventing drug use by Americans has not worked and has cost lots of money. In my humble opinion, the only area that needs attention now is our southern border, and that is for national security reasons. The meth and crack heads may also need enforcement efforts but I am not very knowledgable about that.

"Saudi Arabia make billions of dollars a day. I love the Saudis! Whenever they have problems, we send over the ships. we protect them for free. what are they doing for us? they have nothing but money. look at Yemen, Obama said it was a great victory in Yemen, two weeks later the place was blown up! and they kept our equipment! we should send junk equipment if they're gonna keep it! We're always losing this georgeous, brand-new stuff! Saudi Arabia without us is GONE!" - Eloquent Donald on the Yemen crisis

"Saudi Arabia make billions of dollars a day. I love the Saudis! Whenever they have problems, we send over the ships. we protect them for free. what are they doing for us? they have nothing but money. look at Yemen, Obama said it was a great victory in Yemen, two weeks later the place was blown up! and they kept our equipment! we should send junk equipment if they're gonna keep it! We're always losing this georgeous, brand-new stuff! Saudi Arabia without us is GONE!" - Eloquent Donald on the Yemen crisis
I agree completely!

If instead of double-crossing Iraq, which had served us as effective ally during our conflict with Iran, we had supported Hussein's invasion of Kuwait, his next move would have been Saudi Arabia. And if we continued to back him we would be in the cat-bird seat in the Middle East today and we'd be paying fifty cents a gallon for premium gas!

BushKiss2.jpg

But the obvious collusion between the Saudi Royal Family and the Bush dynasty is directly responsible for all the problems we've had and are having in the Middle East. We should not have engaged in Operation Desert Storm nor should we have allowed Bush2 to invade Iraq, which was an egregious war crime.

AP-Bush-Saudi.jpg

But it's too late now to do the right things.

... did I hear some bombs in the South American jungle hitting drug cartel targets?

I have actually been involved in the drug war in three or so different situations. Taking the fight to other countries with the intent of preventing drug use by Americans has not worked and has cost lots of money. In my humble opinion, the only area that needs attention now is our southern border, and that is for national security reasons. The meth and crack heads may also need enforcement efforts but I am not very knowledgable about that.
You're quite right about the utterly counterproductive drug war. There is absolutely no way to justify marijuana prohibition and the only effective way to deal with the harder drugs is through intensive public education -- which is the way cigarette smoking has been reduced by 75% (without arresting anyone).

Forum List

Back