Time to invade Yemen?

From what I read, it's going to be the CIA in Yemen. That way the Yemen government can disavow all knowledge of any actions.

Agreed. It seems disingenuous to link to this article and take that quote out of context. The author is clearly not recommending we invade Yemen. It's fine to discuss that but the link to the article does not show GOP support for the idea.

So if we need to invade and rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan to keep America safe, and the new bombs are coming out of Yemen, then perhaps we should simply saddle up our ships and send the Marines to Yemen?

NW Republican: Time to invade Yemen!

Oh the joys of having the GOP back in power.....

Is there something wrong with you? Gleeful over the possibility of another war?

We shouldn't have invaded ANY countries to solve this problem. If we had put just a quarter of the money into the best espionage techniques, they probably would have had bin ladin a long time ago, without destroying the lives of countless Americans, Iraqis, and Afghanistans.

As it is, the bush jerks got us mired in this mess, and here we are ten years later, and still no closer to an end. Let the CIA and their counterparts do the job and get the troops home.

So if we need to invade and rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan to keep America safe, and the new bombs are coming out of Yemen, then perhaps we should simply saddle up our ships and send the Marines to Yemen?

NW Republican: Time to invade Yemen!

Oh the joys of having the GOP back in power.....
Sure. Invade the non-aggressive nation of Yemen in the futile hope of finding and disposing of the few jihadist fanatics who are prone to attacking us. But who will that piss off? Fanatics in Libya? The UAE? Saudi Arabia (where fifteen of the 9/11 19 were from)? Indonesia?

Maybe we should just sever relations with Israel and get the hell out of the Middle East and Central Asia (Afghanistan) and leave those people alone. I think that would be the best way to appease the militant crazies, who have a very big advantage over us:

They know where we are but we don't know where they are.

No enlisted unit wants a draftee unit behind them or with them.
How come you do not know that?
Conscript units apparently did okay in WW-II.

Conscripted soldiers can and will fight well to defend their nation, which should be the only reason the U.S. goes to war. But in recent years our government has committed our military to unnecessary and unlawful military aggressions in which drafted soldiers cannot be expected to perform as willingly or as efficiently as will volunteers, most of whom are de-facto mercenaries who joined up for the benefits or they are bored, misguided youths looking for adventure or to affirm their machismo.

We don't have to invade them. Just send them some bombs. Call it an exchange bombing learning beer moment.

We should to to Yemen and Pakistan exactly what we should have done to Afghanistan and Iraq. Let large highly skilled and well-trained CIA teams take out the individual cells one by one. The cost of large-scaled invasions isn't worth it and we have to find a more innovative and smart way of taking out our enemies. We can't keep occupying nations, it's to much damn money.
During the Carter presidency the military attempted a stealth incursion into Iran to free the hostages being held there? Do you remember what happened?

Did you see the movie, Blackhawk Down?

These operations don't always work out the way they're intended to.

We should to to Yemen and Pakistan exactly what we should have done to Afghanistan and Iraq. Let large highly skilled and well-trained CIA teams take out the individual cells one by one. The cost of large-scaled invasions isn't worth it and we have to find a more innovative and smart way of taking out our enemies. We can't keep occupying nations, it's to much damn money.
During the Carter presidency the military attempted a stealth incursion into Iran to free the hostages being held there? Do you remember what happened?

Did you see the movie, Blackhawk Down?

These operations don't always work out the way they're intended to.

We are not fighting the government of these countries. There are individuals within the country which are causing the problems. There is absolutely no reason to invade an entire country for this. Just imagine if a few nuts in our country decided to individually attack certain landmarks in another country. Would you be fine with them attacking us in retaliation?

We are not fighting the government of these countries.
I didn't suggest that we are.

There are individuals within the country which are causing the problems.
I agree.

There is absolutely no reason to invade an entire country for this.
I didn't suggest that we do.

The point I tried to make, forgive me if I failed, is that stealth operations, large or small, don't always work out the way they do in the Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal movies. Keep in mind the fact that it's been ten years and we've been unable to capture or kill a 6'4" Arab who needs frequent kidney dialysis treatments and on whose head we have placed a million dollar price.

There are individuals within the country which are causing the problems.
I agree.

The point I tried to make, forgive me if I failed, is that stealth operations, large or small, don't always work out the way they do in the Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal movies. Keep in mind the fact that it's been ten years and we've been unable to capture or kill a 6'4" Arab who needs frequent kidney dialysis treatments and on whose head we have placed a million dollar price.

I worked with a man who was a Muslim, and whose family still lived there. His opinion was that Bin Ladin was living with his family in Saudi Arabia, for the very reason that he needed dialysis. Since the bush famly had ties with the Bin Ladin family, it was very unlikely that they would demand that they turn him over.

I think if the US really doesn't know where he is, which I suspect is not true, then we need to pour more money into our CIA and DIA groups and find him and anyone else associated with these terrorist activities. We shouldn't be destroying the lives of innocent men, women and children to do this.

I agree.

I worked with a man who was a Muslim, and whose family still lived there. His opinion was that Bin Ladin was living with his family in Saudi Arabia, for the very reason that he needed dialysis. Since the bush famly had ties with the Bin Ladin family, it was very unlikely that they would demand that they turn him over.

I think if the US really doesn't know where he is, which I suspect is not true, then we need to pour more money into our CIA and DIA groups and find him and anyone else associated with these terrorist activities. We shouldn't be destroying the lives of innocent men, women and children to do this.

I heard the Cherokees and Seminoles are harboring him.
How about finishing those "savages" off too ?
murka loves that shit. I can almost hear the flags waving from here.

I hadn't heard that before but it sounds right to me.

_41075369_afp_bush_saudi203.jpg

U.S. intensifying covert war in Yemen: report - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Obama administration has intensified air strikes on suspected militants in Yemen in a bid to keep them from consolidating power as the government in Sanaa teeters, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

A U.S. official confirmed to Reuters that a U.S. strike last Friday killed Abu Ali al-Harithi, a midlevel al Qaeda operative, which followed last month's attempted strike against Anwar al-Awlaki, the leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Obama is President. If we invade Yemen it will be because Obama orders it. At present he is bombing them, which means we are already involved in a shooting war, started by Obama, not the Republican House.

You see retards, the House alone can not order the military anywhere. Only the President does that.

Yemen is Obama's war, just like Libya is. And neither is supported by Congress.

U.S. intensifying covert war in Yemen: report - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Obama administration has intensified air strikes on suspected militants in Yemen in a bid to keep them from consolidating power as the government in Sanaa teeters, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

A U.S. official confirmed to Reuters that a U.S. strike last Friday killed Abu Ali al-Harithi, a midlevel al Qaeda operative, which followed last month's attempted strike against Anwar al-Awlaki, the leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

^^^What he said.

Why don't we just invade everybody and get it over with? :doubt:

Without the draft, we simply do not have the resources, and you KNOW the GOP will never support a reimplementation of the draft. They might have to actually go and do some fighting for a change.

With several years of high unemployment, there are people lined up for miles trying to get in the military, both officer and enlisted. No draft is, or would be needed. Just give the order to increase the numbers and the only thing holding back increasing the end-strength would be the recruit training and officer candidate sites. Three or four years ago, the Marines were authorized an extra 200,000 or so increase in numbers. They were given two years to accomplish this but it took less than a year.

I believe you just wanted to get in a dig at the GOP and used the faulty draft story as your weapon.

I hadn't heard that before but it sounds right to me.

_41075369_afp_bush_saudi203.jpg

The last I heard, bin Laden did not have kidney disease. Is there a source that documents his condition and treatment with dialysis?

Forum List

Back