Time To Interfere In Public Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
. She goes to one of the finest public schools in the city, yet knows about George Washington exclusively from the soundtrack of the Broadway show “Hamilton.” She wouldn’t be able to tell you who discovered America.

Well it damn sure wasn't Christopher Columbus that they have been teaching for decades..

. She goes to one of the finest public schools in the city, yet knows about George Washington exclusively from the soundtrack of the Broadway show “Hamilton.” She wouldn’t be able to tell you who discovered America.

Well it damn sure wasn't Christopher Columbus that they have been teaching for decades..
school history is completely whitewashed, they still teach the columbus myth in schools, they still only teach white american history, if it wasn't for black history month they'd think martin luther king jr was a football player, and that africa is a country. Meanwhile texans are trying to eliminate slavery from the history books and kansas is still trying to teach creationism in the name of white jesus

school history is completely whitewashed, they still teach the columbus myth in schools, they still only teach white american history, ....

Nonsense

On the other hand, if you actually want to get a teaching job, history is the last major you would think of. It is a repository for mediocre students with little ambition.

On the other hand, if you actually want to get a teaching job, history is the last major you would think of. It is a repository for mediocre students with little ambition.

And you know this how?

Right now.....the disruptive students are running the schools. Teachers have no power and administrators are there to faciliate the bully parents and kids. If you value your child's safety, don't count on the teachers to protect them or be able to teach them if there are defiant and disruptive bullies in their class.

Right now.....the disruptive students are running the schools. Teachers have no power and administrators are there to faciliate the bully parents and kids. If you value your child's safety, don't count on the teachers to protect them or be able to teach them if there are defiant and disruptive bullies in their class.

You're talking out your ass.

I see a lot of dramatic declarations here from people who don't know what they are talking about. I don't see these ridiculous, categorical statements from people who actually teach every day.

I see a lot of dramatic declarations here from people who don't know what they are talking about. I don't see these ridiculous, categorical statements from people who actually teach every day.
Lemme guess....you know what you're talking about, right?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Common Core has to go, it is terrible, it teaches the Democrat Parties talking points, nothing more.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Ha, ha, prove it, go ahead, show us how you know so much about what I know, go ahead, or simply remain the fool, for that is how you look, making baseless accusations without knowing what I know.

Your own words prove it. I teach in public schools every day, and your ignorant ranting makes no sense.
Like I said, your own words said I do not know what I am talking about, that show you, as a lousy teacher, makes quick bigoted comments, or is it quick ignorant comments, your the "teacher", correct me if you can.

Ranting? one sentence is not ranting. I guess you are a teacher, at least a liberal teacher, your stupidity proves as much.

From the OP ---

A 2014 report by the National Assessment of Educational Progress showed that an abysmal 18 percent of American high school kids were proficient in US history.

I read EVERY QUESTION in every subject in that report a couple years back. AND some of the previous years. It was appalling. That's why there was a big fuss about the Federal Testing program. The truth was shocking. And as far as I'm concerned --- if the teaching establishment is afraid of the Fed Govt gathering SIMPLE ASS info like what was in the NAEP -- and they want to KILL IT --- then there IS NO real role for the Feds in Education. Because you can't SOLVE problems -- if you can't measure them.. .

Oh, come now, people. You aren't really suggesting that teachers take away all that valuable time teaching kids that they are all so very special and that no culture is better than any other in order to teach history, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back