Time to get tough

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
The kooks are winning the war in propaganda, time to step up and move forward. I have often wondered why the voices of a Bill Moyer are only on PBS? How is it that filter which controls information censors voices that speak out for all Americans? Media today is so corporate controlled and so full of nutcases it is hard to listen. Only Cspan and PBS occasionally contain some morsel of reality.

Pieces mentions are here: t r u t h o u t | Living in a Culture of Cruelty: Democracy as Spectacle
Adventures in the Rabbit Hole | Talking Points Memo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8IeZHZRwC4]YouTube - BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Bill Moyers on Health Care | PBS[/ame]

PS I wanted to mention the Truthout piece above by Henry A. Giroux is excellent.

Last edited:
Yeah you stupid people why don't you all just trust the government.

After all the Native Americans did and look how well they've been treated

Would you rather all our information came from some government agency ?
that's it huh? one choice or the other, huh? :cuckoo:

What is wrong with you and all the other cons that think that there is never an in between or never room for improvement because god forbid if we improve ANYTHING, ANY BIT, this would bring us to a full run government program??

that is just plain loony Dillo, to play that card at every move....:doubt:

Care

What is wrong with you and all the other cons that think that there is never an in between or never room for improvement because god forbid if we improve ANYTHING, ANY BIT, this would bring us to a full run government program??

Care

Well I'm wide open for suggestions instead of constant bitching about corporate media.
Got any that will force them to report the truth instead of biased nonsense ?

Well I'm wide open for suggestions instead of constant bitching about corporate media. Got any that will force them to report the truth instead of biased nonsense ?

Diversification worked for a long time, when media has to pay the piper the chances the piper approves hard and tough news is rare. How often does one see hard shows on poverty or working conditions or walmart exploitation or even now the true situation in healthcare for millions of Americans on corporate sponsored news?

America has lost her soul to greed since Reagan - actually before but Reagan is a good place to start.

Media Consolidation | Free Press

"But these massive conglomerates – like General Electric, Time Warner and News Corp. – only care about the bottom line, not serving the public interest. And allowing these few firms too much control over the flow of news and information is dangerous for our democracy."

Well I'm wide open for suggestions instead of constant bitching about corporate media. Got any that will force them to report the truth instead of biased nonsense ?

Diversification worked for a long time, when media has to pay the piper the chances the piper approves hard and tough news is rare. How often does one see hard shows on poverty or working conditions or walmart exploitation or even now the true situation in healthcare for millions of Americans on corporate sponsored news?

America has lost her soul to greed since Reagan - actually before but Reagan is a good place to start.

Media Consolidation | Free Press

"But these massive conglomerates – like General Electric, Time Warner and News Corp. – only care about the bottom line, not serving the public interest. And allowing these few firms too much control over the flow of news and information is dangerous for our democracy."

We didn't allow them to do a damn thing. Coroporate media took control. I assume you are suggesting using the goverment to take control away from them and give it to ---minorities ( diversification ? )

we did allow them to grow too big...by diluting the regs ALREADY in place to keep them from becoming mini monopolies in their regions of control.

In general, we have regs in place to keep this from happening for the protection of capitalism and the survival of a good, competitive, capitalistic, market....the backbone of capitalism working is a COMPETITIVE market, so to keep prices down in general...which keeps it growing. In the case of the news media, a competitive market place with lots of competition keeps the media honest...so the theory goes...

we did allow them to grow too big...by diluting the regs ALREADY in place to keep them from becoming mini monopolies in their regions of control.

In general, we have regs in place to keep this from happening for the protection of capitalism and the survival of a good, competitive, capitalistic, market....the backbone of capitalism working is a COMPETITIVE market, so to keep prices down in general...which keeps it growing. In the case of the news media, a competitive market place with lots of competition keeps the media honest...so the theory goes...

listen up----corporate 'anything' buys congress so congress will make things more profitable for them. "We" ( the people ) didn't dilute a damn thing nor did we receive a cent of the bribe.

Care

Well I'm wide open for suggestions instead of constant bitching about corporate media.
Got any that will force them to report the truth instead of biased nonsense ?

I have an idea. Money, and lots of it. But, most of us don't have THAT kind of money.

New Topics

Forum List

Back