Time to Get Rid of Religion?

Jul 9, 2009
As highly developed life forms is it not time to rid ourselves of the mind control tricks and wizards that have peddled this religeous fantasy. That the control and manipulation to say nothing of the murder, torture, suffering and death of millions all in the name of complete and utter fairy tales.

What can anyone say in defense of such monstrous crimes against man. woman and child, the obstruction of knowledge, the insatiable greed for wealth, the perversion of justice and the untold suffering all in the name of manufactured stories.

Religion, that greatest crime starts at birth with the continuous brainwashing and ends at the grave. No other form of knowledge, law or any other subject is used to manipulate humans in such a way, total mind and thought control.

It is time to remove the chains of this nonsense and to remove those who ram it down our throats. For far to long man has allowed himself to be tricked by the devils who ply this odious trade.

Time to Get Rid of Religion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As highly developed life forms is it not time to rid ourselves of the mind control tricks and wizards that have peddled this religeous fantasy. That the control and manipulation to say nothing of the murder, torture, suffering and death of millions all in the name of complete and utter fairy tales.

What can anyone say in defense of such monstrous crimes against man. woman and child, the obstruction of knowledge, the insatiable greed for wealth, the perversion of justice and the untold suffering all in the name of manufactured stories.

Religion, that greatest crime starts at birth with the continuous brainwashing and ends at the grave. No other form of knowledge, law or any other subject is used to manipulate humans in such a way, total mind and thought control.

It is time to remove the chains of this nonsense and to remove those who ram it down our throats. For far to long man has allowed himself to be tricked by the devils who ply this odious trade.

publicprotector - Guess I need to put your name on the top of my prayer list tonight... You're a special case.:eusa_angel:

I don't practice what I don't believe in and no one needs to pray for me thank you very much. Once you realise the truth you will see you don't need the dogma.

Freedom of religion is the foundation of freedom, thus the first thing mentioned in the First Amendment, the Bill of rights.

When you dictate what some can or can not believe you strangle freedom, our founding fathers knew such.

I don't practice what I don't believe in and no one needs to pray for me thank you very much. Once you realise the truth you will see you don't need the dogma.

Well, I'll be praying for you anyway and guess what? You can't do anything about it except bitch and moan...

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....
"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... " Adolf Hitler

you two have a lot in common

I dismiss all supernaturalism. But I don't embrace forced compliance with my beliefs. While my ideal might be a world free of superstition, it must be achieved through education and human progress or it will never be achieved at all. Belief is involuntary.

"The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity....
"Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... " Adolf Hitler

you two have a lot in common
hitlercard1.jpg

Pathetic ad hom; a point remains valid regardless of the source

I don't think you're going to have a great deal of luck with that.

I hate to break it to you - that's not true, I don't actually mind at all - but there's nothing "highly developed" about blind, unreasoning, ignorant bigotry such as you're displaying here. And there is NEVER a time for "highly developed" people to "get rid of" other people's beliefs for them. You don't want to believe in religion? Fine. Don't. That's your prerogative. But it's none of your damned business if anyone else does, so do us all a favor and stop trying to ram YOUR beliefs down OUR throats under the guise of being "highly developed".

For someone against mind control and manipulation, you sound exactly like everyone else. I know it may be popular to attack religion, but let's be honest what you can know and you cant know.

It's impossible to know there isn't a God. You'd have to have all knowledge and power to travel throught the universe in milliseconds to possibly determine that there isn't a God somewhere out there. In other words, in order to know God doesn't exist, you have to be God.

An honest seeker of truth and knowledge wouldnt limit themselves by declaring there is no God. They would seek out knowledge. They would study each religion. Learn why people believe in such. Talk to people find out why they believe. They would even consider approaching God through prayer and fasting. They would test and search. Because as long as there is something you dont know, youd want to uncover it, or atleast keep the possibility open.

On the other hand, you can know there is a God. And that is by testing. Searching. If God exists, it's possible to know about it.

So who is being brain washed and controled? The person always questioning? or the person who puts in absolutely no effort, declares their opinion as truth and ridicules others for disbelieving them for their irrational arrogance?

Why exactly do you think they are manufactured stories? Do you think there is good and evil? I have plenty of evidence for why I believe, despite being told I dont. Why would you limit yourself from the possibility of learning the truth when there is no way you can know there isnt a God?

Really? Fascism, communism, totalitarianism, modern liberalism, have been far more detrimental to humanity. They have committed far more crimes then religion.

You are also wrong. Our religious training started before we were born and will continue far past our death. I understand you lack Eternal perspective on things. You are looking through mortal lenses, which is quite understandable. But you need to be able to let go of such petty restraints and learn from Eternal perspectives.

So you prefer your nonsense to other peoples? What makes yours any better? it's no more grounded in logic or truth than those you criticize.

And if your claim is accurate, there are no devils. So who could trick them? Who exactly is calling for arms to force their viewpoints on others? Its you calling for the end of other points of view. Its you forcing yourself on others. No one has forced you to do anything.

If you dont believe, what does it matter if they pray for you? If there is no God they are wasting their time. If there is, they are blessing you. Where is the bad part here?

Pathetic ad hom; a point remains valid regardless of the source

Maybe it's just me, but when I start thinking things a mass murdering dictator think, I have to question where what Im thinking is valid and/or dangerous.

A smart man learns from his mistakes
A wise one learns from the mistakes of others
A foolish man never learns.

You can get rid of religion, though it may take a long time. What you will never get rid of is truth. That is going to stick around, even in the midst of all the falshoods out there, and for longer than the falshoods are around.

Those people who have a relationship, and not a religion, you will never get rid of. As a matter of fact, the time is now here when you will be starting to see them nmore clearly, and their truth will arise above any threats that may come against them.

It is not because they don't like those who have no faith, it is because we are here, and we are in a very powerful relationship with God in Christ.

Please know that you will see the love of these people of the way, and it will prove to be very real and strong. We are not the enemy, however, the enemy of those who come against us is themselves.

The only demonstrably effective way to limit religion is to replace it with the State. As I oppose authoritarianism, I oppose the elimination of religion as we know it.

It's impossible to know there isn't a God. You'd have to have all knowledge and power to travel throught the universe in milliseconds to possibly determine that there isn't a God somewhere out there. In other words, in order to know God doesn't exist, you have to be God.
Not at all. It is always possible to prove a negative, IF you can demonstrate the opposite (that there is a God) and demonstrate a logical contradiction. For example, Euclid used this method to prove that there is no largest prime number. For the record, I'm not aware of any such proof about the non-existence of God. I'm claiming only that it would be possible to prove.

On the other hand, you can know there is a God. And that is by testing. Searching. If God exists, it's possible to know about it.
I wouldn't disagree. Unfortunately, many of the greatest minds in history have tried to prove the existence of God through logic and reason alone. And so far it hasn't happened.

Forum List

Back