Time to get out

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
If you have not pulled any and all money out of anything tied to the market yet. You better do so now.

I predict DOW 6000 with in 2 months.

If you have not pulled any and all money out of anything tied to the market yet. You better do so now.

may I ask what you do for a living?

Currently I am living on my savings and taking care of the kids while the wife works, because there is NO work in this town for me. Unless that is I want to make 7 Bucks an hour at some fast food joint.

However I do have investments and savings.

And I advise you all to get out of the market unless you want your ass handed to you.

The signs are on the wall. The big money players are already getting out and moving to bonds.

Ole G Soros's Investment group had like 26 Billion invested in the market 2 months ago and now they have moved all but 1.3 Billion to Mainly Bonds.

You don't have to trust me if you don't want. But you will regret it.

Any investing I do is in my 401k. Under 40 so a dip in the market makes shares cheaper, so at least I dont have to worry. People over 50 though, ugh.

Also just took out a 401k loan to pay off some debts, so if the market goes down, I buy em back cheaper.

When the Dow hit 14k I called my broker and moved half my IRA holdings from mutual funds to a CD. He thought I was kooky but it's my money. Anyhow I bought back in close to the bottom.

Yeah what the hell, may as well do it again.

6000 is probably a more realistic value of the companies.
But the actual values of the companies has had only marginal relationship to what the prices are.
The buyers and sellers are the tail that wags the dog...and have been doing so for 30 years.
Thus earlier this year we topped 11,000 - which is nothing but pie in the sky.

But the actual values of the companies has had only marginal relationship to what the prices are.
The buyers and sellers are the tail that wags the dog...and have been doing so for 30 years.
That depends on how much of that was flight capital from Europe and the Far East. We are headed for sovereign defaults overseas and possible some states.

That depends on how much of that was flight capital from Europe and the Far East. We are headed for sovereign defaults overseas and possible some states.

Commercial loan defaults and increased unemployment come 1st quarter next year will be paramount.
There are those that survived last Christmas, but cannot survive another weak holiday sales year.
There are tremendous numbers of businesses barely hanging on to their desks. Many, many, many small businesses are spending their last reserves right now. They will not survive.

All those I trust the most told me to get out in April (obviously a great call) and emphatically tell me to wait till next spring.

I was saying this in 2007 but no one listened and called me a fool....

I got out then and did very well.

I bought into gold before that, early 2006 I think for about $500.

I sure was stupid ;)

Last edited:

The true value probably is around 6000, i have been saying that for a year.

but real value and fundamentals have not driven stock prices since the mid 80's.

What drives stock prices today is highly organized computer trading scams and the fact that 401k's pressure average citizens to pour their nest eggs into that marketplace.

real value has nothing to do with it anymore.

it's like money, on the one hand it is merely a piece of colored paper, or worse yet a mere data entry in a computer off limits to almost everybody on earth.

But as long as you can still exchange it for things you need it has value.

Social fictions.

You wanna scare the shit outta the powers that be? start movements that suspend belief in those critical social fictions.

Like:

Law? WHAT law?

Own land? NOBODY can own land!

NO, I don't take PAPER for my labor!

I haven't even SEEN my social contract! Much less signed it!

Wait a minute. Does this make us filthy money grubbing capitalists for wanting to preserve the value of our hodings?

Naah it is our money and we want to keep the filthy money grubbing capitalists from taking it from us.
;)

We are clean money grubbing capitalists.

Nonsense
Market values are very attractive.
Profits are up.
Large Caps are sitting on big cash reserves. There is no shortage of capital to expand. Business just needs the confidence that consumer spending is coming back. Consumers just need the confidence that the jobs are returning. This stand out is going to be broken soon. Possibly, the mid term elections may trigger it, or settling the tax issue, or any of a number of triggers. I have seen this before. You can be sure the market is coming back. The more outrageous the predictions are for a market fall the more likely it is that we will have a significant rise. I am buying this month and in Sept if there is significant fall. I expect a significant end of year rally.

Wait a minute. Does this make us filthy money grubbing capitalists for wanting to preserve the value of our hodings?

No, having holdings in the first place makes you filthy money grubbing capitalists.

Nonsense
Profits are up.
Large Caps are sitting on big cash reserves. There is no shortage of capital to expand. Business just needs the confidence that consumer spending is coming back. Consumers just need the confidence that the jobs are returning. This stand out is going to be broken soon. Possibly, the mid term elections may trigger it, or settling the tax issue, or any of a number of triggers. I have seen this before. You can be sure the market is coming back. The more outrageous the predictions are for a market fall the more likely it is that we will have a significant rise. I am buying this month and in Sept if there is significant fall. I expect a significant end of year rally.

I have some great swampland for sale. Interested?

Nonsense
Profits are up.

Well...3 cheers for keeping your chin up, however you are in for a rude awakening.
Things are at minimum 10 times worse than they appear on TV.
This year 6,400 Americans are filing for bankruptcy...everyday.
This year, more people filed for bankruptcy in the first 4 months - than the entire year of 2007.
Today there are 249 commercial bankruptcies filed....everyday. That is by far the worst on record.

Keep dreaming.

Nonsense
Profits are up.

Well...3 cheers for keeping your chin up, however you are in for a rude awakening.
Things are at minimum 10 times worse than they appear on TV.
This year 6,400 Americans are filing for bankruptcy...everyday.
This year, more people filed for bankruptcy in the first 4 months - than the entire year of 2007.
Today there are 249 commercial bankruptcies filed....everyday. That is by far the worst on record.

Keep dreaming.
Which is why the market can't maintain a significant rally and the DJI is off 1000 this year. The economy is slowly expanding and most economist expect it to continue doing so. If you are convinced, the big fall is just ahead of us, go short. But for me, I will continue to buy on weakness. This has served me well over the years and I will continue to do so.

Forum List

Back