Time to Face Facts in Afghanistan

That's right. There's no reason we should continue with our arrogant #1 world power title...let's just hand those reins over to somebody else.

Don't look now but that's exactly what we did .. while we were "winning" in Iraq.

No, it's not over. We're the number one power. That's why we're the safest, cleanest, and richest nation on the earth.
No matter how guilty you feel about it.

Allie I don't feel anything. I'm not envious, I'm not condemnatory. I'm very happy I live where I live and I don't want to live anywhere else. I'm not gong to sling shit at your country but I will be realistic on the issues, just as I am about my own country.

If I get all true blue Aussieland uber the rest of youse lot then be my guest, knock my slouch hat off with a baseball :lol:

No, it's not over. We're the number one power. That's why we're the safest, cleanest, and richest nation on the earth.
No matter how guilty you feel about it.

Richest?

Don't look now, but China owns us

Our economy is teetering on disaster as we continue to pour 10 billion dollars a month "winning" in Iraq .. and while 9 billion dollars magically disappears in Iraq. US automakers are dying rapidly, our infrastructure is in shambles, we're bailing out Wall Street .. and essentially headed for bankruptcy

Safest .. we shoot to death more than 15,000 of our own citizens every year as we continue to lead the world in divorce, crime, and immorality.

Cleanest .. obviously you've never been to Canada

Number 1 .. the debacle of Iraq that you call "winning" has resulted in a tremendous loss of American influence, power, respect, and stature that no "terrorist" or "terrorist organization" could have ever accomplished.

I could go on .. but I'm sure you get the point.

What you call "winning" has led to the end of the American Century

Sooner, rather than later, the American people have got to get over their misguided notion that everyone in the world wants to be just like us.

All one need do to understand exactly why many people in the world don't want to be ANYTHING like US is watch a few hours of television.

We are, quite literally, a nation of whores.

We're whores for sex, whores for money, whores hoping to live forever.

We aren't motivated as a nation by grand ideals and long range plans for the betterment of our nation, we'd grasping selfish children who have elevated materialism to a religion.

The invisible hand of the market is our holy ghost, and a very perverted reading of Adam Smith makes him our profit.

We lie and lie and lie to ourselves and then wonder why our nation is eating its young.

Now imagine that you're a person not from this culture, one who believes in the community.

Imagine that you do not see you neighbors as the enemy whose only purpose is to exploit.

Imagine that you didn't live in fear that your former slave class was going to rise up to avevge itself against you.

Would YOU want your nation to become like America if all you had to go on is recent history and what you see from our teleision?

I was born and raised here and even I can't believe what a cesspool of greed and averice our nation has become in my short lifetime.

Forum List

Back