Time to end the two party system?

Sactowndog

VIP Member
Jul 4, 2011
So is it time to end the current system and move to a representative parliamentary system?

I say yes. The two party system is proving to be a failure which is too easily co-opted by monied interests. Real problems are not being solved and the country is being drained of its resources by other Mercantilist countries.

Such a system would allow Tea Party adherents to be represented by ideological purists as part of a true Tea Party. The Libertarians could have their representation as could the Green Party. Such a model would enable new ideas to take root that are currently blocked today.

I think the correct response to this shutdown is to call for a constitutional convention not look to ascribe blame. There is too much blame to go around for everyone.

535 delegates in form or another don't represent the people who pay...it must have been plan yet we talk about it. Major speed bump is the dollar as world reserve currency...no...America are control masses and the people in charge blame the other parther.,,,,,just like obama administration...who is lt quarles harris? Why the purging of military personel? Does it need to be repeated, Benghazi, sandy hurrican, irs scandal, etc .......to the scandal at Obama door steep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as he's not talking about changing the system rather starting a whole new country, I was being quite nice and light hearted.

So is it time to end the current system and move to a representative parliamentary system?

I say yes. The two party system is proving to be a failure which is too easily co-opted by monied interests. Real problems are not being solved and the country is being drained of its resources by other Mercantilist countries.

Such a system would allow Tea Party adherents to be represented by ideological purists as part of a true Tea Party. The Libertarians could have their representation as could the Green Party. Such a model would enable new ideas to take root that are currently blocked today.

I think the correct response to this shutdown is to call for a constitutional convention not look to ascribe blame. There is too much blame to go around for everyone.

I think under the current conditions, to expect that changing the system, would make it less corrupt, not more, is a false hope. Like operating on a patient with a chain saw, rather than the proper instruments, things would go from bad to worse. Change for the sake of change, has proven many times over, how stupid and gullible we can get, enough of us to cause serious damage to the rest, anyway. Maybe you could read up on Mark Levin. ;)

The divisions in the nation have gone beyond either a two party system or parliamentary system. It's time to divide the country.

Political district boundaries should be set by a fixed mathematical formula (e.g., starting in the geographical center of a state and spiraling outwards). Gerrymandering is the antithesis of representative government.

Political district boundaries should be set by a fixed mathematical formula (e.g., starting in the geographical center of a state and spiraling outwards). Gerrymandering is the antithesis of representative government.

You want to see Maxine Waters lose her job?

Gerrymandering is the only way some of the minorities get in office.

You want to see Maxine Waters lose her job?

Gerrymandering is the only way some of the minorities get in office.

You have a problem with minorities in office?

I have a problem creating districts just to get minorities or certain party-safe districts. It's hardly a representative government when representation gets skewed just to pander to one group or another.

I think under the current conditions, to expect that changing the system, would make it less corrupt, not more, is a false hope. Like operating on a patient with a chain saw, rather than the proper instruments, things would go from bad to worse. Change for the sake of change, has proven many times over, how stupid and gullible we can get, enough of us to cause serious damage to the rest, anyway. Maybe you could read up on Mark Levin. ;)

Yeah that is a fair point. Cynical but fair. I don't think it is change for the sake of change however. If this same thing happened under a parliamentary system a new election would be called to resolve the problem. Of course with our current behavior we might be the next Italy.

It's not time -- it's past time.

Interesting based on this article what the tea party group of representatives might represent in a parliamentary election

How Less Than 5% Of The US Population Caused The Government To Shut Down - Yahoo Finance

The divisions in the nation have gone beyond either a two party system or parliamentary system. It's time to divide the country.

Okay, we'll separate into two countries. Once that is done, then the liberal states can ask conservatives to leave and conservative states can ask liberals to leave. :cuckoo:

Considering that America is FAR superior to countries that have a "parliamentary system"... I say no :cool:

You might be right but I think this country reaching it's superiority because of the two party system is now in decline. Now a small percentage of extremists have proven they can hold the country hostage and they don't care if they bring the country or the world's economy down.

I say yes. The two party system is proving to be a failure

The problem with a two party system is it's easier to win by destroying the other party than by constructing a positive agenda, so they both focus on that.

Forum List

Back