Time to do what needs to be done with Iran

I wouldnt deny we were involved to *some* degree but I dont know about attacking as you characterize. Can you be specific in what events you mean?

I also dont see any of that as a basis for the claims made that it was "jewish interests" that motivated the US to be involved in that war. I think it had much more to do with the aggressive attacks on our allies that motivated the US.
Ok, a personl point.

My older brother couldn't join our own services as he was two inches too tall, so he joined and spent 9 months to become a pilot in the RCAF He graduated as a pilot officer, and was on his way to Englan when Pearl Harbor was attacked. His reasons? he couldn't accept the treatment that Hitler was foising on the Jews

Specific enough for you ? :)

He was killed in action on 2 April, 1942, and received the Victorial Metal of Honor.

Ok, a personal point. My brother joined the RCAF, because he was two inches to tall to join our services. he spent nine moths in schools in Canada Graduated as a pilot officer, and was on his way over-seas when Pearl Harbor was attacked. His reason? because he couldn't accept whst Hitler was doing to the Jews. Specific enough for you??? Incidently he was killed in action April 2nd, 1942.

I am very sorry to hear you lost your brother in that war.

Well that dosent indicate US attacking Hitler since 1939. Again, I am sure there were many american individuals (and candadian etc) who did the same thing. I also think the US was involved to some degree before we officially entered the war but it seems to me that we didnt really get involved until we were attacked.

Personally my take on that is that we had a RIGHT to get involved and would have had the right earlier since the cause would be just (stopping aggressive invasions) but it is also true that we werent MORALLY held to get involved either before being invaded or attacked. Just because we had a moral right to get involved dosent equate a moral DUTY to get involved.

Absolutely, Ruby.

Well that dosent indicate US attacking Hitler since 1939. Again, I am sure there were many american individuals (and candadian etc) who did the same thing. I also think the US was involved to some degree before we officially entered the war but it seems to me that we didnt really get involved until we were attacked.

Personally my take on that is that we had a RIGHT to get involved and would have had the right earlier since the cause would be just (stopping aggressive invasions) but it is also true that we werent MORALLY held to get involved either before being invaded or attacked. Just because we had a moral right to get involved dosent equate a moral DUTY to get involved.

I hope your words and interpretations aren't wasted in this venue.

likely a minor point but I have a wider definition of attack than you do. People on this board are constantly attacking each other. However, IMHO, if it is not our direct business, it is NOT our right to prevent invasions, that is the business of the countries affected.

it is NOT our right to prevent invasions, that is the business of the countries affected.

I agree, let Israel fight their own battles.
The reason we are attacked is because we back them
(and of course the quest for oil because we are too lazy to find an alternate fuel source)

America can't afford three wars at once, especially another pre-emptive war. :eusa_hand:

If Iran keeps pushing for a nuke, then do a quick in and out sealth bombing of the nuclear facilities in Iran! Might not be ideal, but neither is a nuclear Iran. :(

Note of the Libs.: At least bombing Iran won't kill any gays, since President Alamdouchebag proclaimed there aren't any of them in Iran! :rofl:

l_a7ca6e8b404165245448f4028f25a6cd.gif

I agree, let Israel fight their own battles.
The reason we are attacked is because we back them
(and of course the quest for oil because we are too lazy to find an alternate fuel source)

The part you put in silver is the actual reason. Israel is just an excuse and a rallying point for the Arabs, a wedge issue, if you will. It wasn't at the top of OBL's radar. What was at the forefront was our military base in Saudi Arabia.

The part you put in silver is the actual reason. Israel is just an excuse and a rallying point for the Arabs, a wedge issue, if you will. It wasn't at the top of OBL's radar. What was at the forefront was our military base in Saudi Arabia.
OH BS. where did you get that Garbage. OBL even admitted wwhy it happened, and it was because (paraphrased) we couldn't keep our nose out of the middleeast, and kept protecting Israel against Palastine.

I disagree. There is a reason why US is friends with Israel.
One talkshow host said its because we have much in common.
They are more than just a "wedge". They are in the middle of something much bigger than just another country wanting oil and another country wanting to bomb everyone.
This is a war for territory.

This little gangster with a Napoleonic complex now wants to "pay respects" at ground zero when he comes to NYC. Pay respects to who? Of course it's the 19 brainwashed demented animals. Not to the 3,000 innocent victims. They should let him go. I grew up in NY and i'm pretty sure he'll get whats coming to him if he roams anywhere near the area. Anyway, the table has been set for Iran. It won't be long now. Thank God we have a President who will not leave it to Hillary (heaven forbid) to do what needs to be done. The first wave should make "shock and awe" look like a kiddie playing with a roman candle. They will not be allowed a nuke. Period. And for stickin their filthy noses in to kill our boys in Iraq, well...payback is sure gonna be a bit*h!

I take it peaceful resolution is not on your agenda at all? In such a case, I will have to mirror the second post in this thread that responds to this one a bit more bluntly ...

Ever had to drop the hammer on another human being? If you haven't, sit back on your couch and shut the Hell up.

A genocide in their region as well as a hostile neighbor is certainly quite a real reason for anger.

New Topics

Forum List

Back