Time to do the brakes.

Maryland Patriot

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
Had a front hub go bad on the truck that caused my ABS light to come on.
So, I looked at the hub and noticed that the brakes were looking thin.
At 227,000 miles on it now, I figure what the hell.
I was going to have the hub replaced at the dealer, but that was going to be just over 600.00 to get it done.
Decided to do it all myself and with an extra 400.00 I am going to be replacing the hub, all calipers and caliper brackets, rotors, pads and the parking break shoes on the back.
And as mentioned in another thread, I have new lines all the way from front to back.

Should last me a few more years I hope.

Bout time for front brakes on the yota
Replacing brakes on Harley Saturday

At least the weather turned nice for this.
Have a new torque wrench and some new air sockets Ive been wanting to use anyway.

Did the brake job from hell over the weekend.

Stuck slider pin in one of the front brackets, no dealers open for a new caliper bracket and a few other odds and ends cropped up, as always. Ended up pulling the bracket, setting it in a vice and torching the bastard until it started to move, then pounded it off. Clearly the bastards that did the job previously didn't grease them, as they were all sticky/corroded.

pissin' PITA, but saved about 1000 bucks. Ripoff artists at the dealer quoted me 1200 dollars for all four including the rotors, which they recommend replacing on each brake job ::eyeroll::.

They rotors didn't need doing, so it was pads for ~200 bucks, including the cleaner, sensors, new pins yada, yada, yada- and a lot of swearing, but it's done....

Brakes?

Why do you need brakes?
I live in Maryland and its full of assholes that are afraid of the color red. Everytime they see a red light or a red sign, they stop.
pansy ass bitches.
If not for that I wouldn't. I bought the truck to go not to sit. If I just wanted to sit I would have bought a chair.

I was going to have the hub replaced at the dealer, but that was going to be just over 600.00 to get it done.
Decided to do it all myself and with an extra 400.00 I am going to be replacing the hub, all calipers and caliper brackets, rotors, pads and the parking break shoes on the back.
And as mentioned in another thread, I have new lines all the way from front to back.

Hub? Is that what you Yankees call a rotor?

Hub? Is that what you Yankees call a rotor?
no, we call a rotor a rotor. We call a hub a hub.
that something you southerners don't fret over?
ps.
I spent the majority of my adult life in North Carolina. Bells Island to be exact.
and, we had hubs there too.

actually come to think of it, Im at the I spent half my adult life in Carolina, so there is a chance that I could have dumbed down some from living up here this long now.
But I hit a deer with my wifes car the other night and immediately had pleasant flashbacks from my Carolina days if that counts.

large.JPG

Hub

Forum List

Back