Time to ban antidepressants?

Antidepressants can be life saving for many people. Are they over prescribed? Most likely. This does not mean everybody taking them will commit a violent act or become suicidal or homicidal. In fact, many times, it prevents these feeling in people suffering from mental illness. You should be under the supervision of a Psychiatrist and it works best with other therapy as well but these drugs are most definitely needed.

no more effective than placebo..fact

eots, this is just plain dangerous topost such crap. You should retract this statement immediately. It is irrespsonsible and harmful.

I know of three people who take antidepressants and they are very stable people thanks to the remarkable changes brought on by their medication.

See this is what happens when I attempt to treat a person like you in an intelligent and respectful manner. A total waste of time.

Regardless, "lol" carries the same weight as a person diagnosed with a mental or emotional illness who has not taken their medication....

you think drug corporations dont simply create their own data and suppress reports when they have been caught doing so repeatedly..your response was basically the fox is guarding the hen house

You did not read the material. You are essentially incorrect on several points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Start taking away drugs? Not in today's America. Today's America wants to make all drugs legal and sold over the counter.

Antidepressants can be life saving for many people. Are they over prescribed? Most likely. This does not mean everybody taking them will commit a violent act or become suicidal or homicidal. In fact, many times, it prevents these feeling in people suffering from mental illness. You should be under the supervision of a Psychiatrist and it works best with other therapy as well but these drugs are most definitely needed.

no more effective than placebo..fact

Telling everyone they are wrong that disagrees with you or telling us you are right and it is fact while using biased sources that support your line of crap is laughable.

You don't have a clue. Just an agenda.

And people like you should be disregarded.

anti-depressants help some people, although personally I don't think they were meant to be taken permanently. :dunno:

Firearms are useful tools, too. But just because extremely rare cases where an individual of questionable mental capacity uses one to do damage doesn't mean they should all be banned, does it?
Personally, I believe that mind- and mood-altering medications are over-prescribed and abused to a far greater extent than firearms, and yet we hear and read almost nothing that addresses their implication in these tragedies.

Problem is the federal govenment makes drug manufacturers report every adverse case involving a drug. Even if the drug itself may not be the cause or only a minor coontributor.

The government my think drug manufacturers honestly reveal all side effects. While known side effects may be published, there are often unidentified possibilities that may not have manifested. Not to mention, if there's a killer profit to be made by bringing a new designer drug to market, I wouldn't trust big pharma to be entirely honest if there were some "killer" side effect.
I think all other methods of treatment should be exhausted before resorting to drugs. Unfortunately, too many docs reach for the scrips before they have clearly identified the real problem.

Problem is the federal govenment makes drug manufacturers report every adverse case involving a drug. Even if the drug itself may not be the cause or only a minor coontributor.

The government my think drug manufacturers honestly reveal all side effects. While known side effects may be published, there are often unidentified possibilities that may not have manifested. Not to mention, if there's a killer profit to be made by bringing a new designer drug to market, I wouldn't trust big pharma to be entirely honest if there were some "killer" side effect.
I think all other methods of treatment should be exhausted before resorting to drugs. Unfortunately, too many docs reach for the scrips before they have clearly identified the real problem.

There is a difference between requirement and compliance, the equalizer is the terms of the drug manufacturers insurance policy placing the drug manufacturer's coverage in a precarious position should they be sued and found to have withheld the information or committed fraud.

I suppose we should just do away with aspirin. I mean so what if in small doses it helps save people from heart attacks. Young folks can have terrible side effects. Ban it!

Morons.

I suppose we should just do away with aspirin. I mean so what if in small doses it helps save people from heart attacks. Young folks can have terrible side effects. Ban it!

Morons.

Obama won't do that. Aspirin is the ObamaCare protocol for replacing necessary surgery.

Forum List

Back