Time To Apologize

“The rising costs of health care will put tremendous pressure on the federal budget during the next few decades and beyond,” said Elmendorf. “In CBO’s judgment, the health legislation enacted earlier this year does not substantially diminish that pressure

doesn't this statement MEAN, obamacare has REDUCED/DIMINISHED that pressure, but not substantially? in other words, health care costs would be slightly higher and cost the gvt slightly more, without obamacare?

how can this be interpreted any other way, than what i said? huh?

It means Obamacare did nothing. There are plenty of free market solutions, but our current 1-party rule is not interested in them. They'd rather have a big government solution which will do nothing to reduce the rising costs of health care as advertised. Obama fails again.

so if obamacare ''did nothing'' it did not ADD money to the projected deficit problem?

Lets pretend you are right.... Obama and company stated that the plan would REDUCE costs and would control rising costs.

Remember at one point the CBO stated that it would be more deficit neutral to do nothing.

Please show me where anything the government has touched that hasn't ended up a deficit problem?

clue for Waldo: Government is not private enterprise. Governments do not go into the marketplace to turn a profit.

:lol:

Who asked for a profit, maynard? I'm talking about losing money in big ways. Please next time try and comprehend what a post is asking for. If you can't do it, maybe your not ready for this board. :razz:

Why does the government carry a debt? :cuckoo:

I see you are stuck on stupid. sigh

Okay, you see IQ measured by the ability of people to agree with you, while some of us see it as among other things, an ability to comprehend.

When speaking about business models based on profit vs loss, as opposed to running a government, I used the term business loosely where previously I used private enterprise and marketplace. It should be obvious to anyone with a basic grasp of comprehension that I am speaking about a government business model vs a what, private/public business model? Unless you are playing a gotcha game, you are far inferior to the reputation that you imagine precedes you.

The existence of credit ratings and debts, do not negate the distinctions between the differing models. You appear to be either oblivious or deceitful to the fact you are using a 'business' model for government that is a private enterprise model. Government is not a private enterprise out in the market to turn a profit. It deals with the cost of a society functioning as opposed to selling a service or a product.

credit ratings are not static. They are used for the borrowing of money, no? People will continue to buy government securities and bonds. But as far as running a government goes, it isn't a profit/loss venture.

Why does the government carry a debt? :cuckoo:

---

the test

The advent of the global financial crisis in 2007 has caused a resurgence in Keynesian thought.

Test question: Why?

You never did answer my question, all you did was do a spin on it, Dev. I'm not asking for a profit/loss in my question....but we can't keep running programs in the red. It's not good for our economy....look what's going on in Greece for an example.

So, again I ask.....
Please show me where anything the government has touched that hasn't ended up a deficit problem?

Forum List

Back