CDZ Time to Abandon Terms Like First World, Second, etc. Cold War is Over.

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The categories of First World, Second world and Third world were aligned with alliance with the West, Communist Nations and then Neutral nations.

As the Cold war is over, and China economically capitalist, mostly, I think we need new categories.

I propose 'Developed' - as in this is a country that has the technology essentials and you can feel safe in.

'Advanced' - as in these are nations that are above average in almost every category and if you can afford it and can get the documents these would be top preferences for most people.

'Underdeveloped' - as in these nations are below average by most measurements of civilized modern nations and a good chuck of the population might leave if they could afford to.

'Shitholes', err I mean 'Nondeveloped' - as in countries with few rights, arbitrary rule by an oligarchy or military junta, and ones life is in daily risk from crime, disease, the government or any combination of the three.

I am considering the classification based on per capita GDP, rule of law and respect for civil rights, tertiary education levels and life span.

Turns out, someone has already done this for me, lol.

Human Development Index - Wikipedia

2560px-HDI_2018_%28updated%29.svg.png

I would classify the top three darkest shades of green (0.8 +) as Advanced, the Developed as 0.6 to 0.7999 which are the light green and yellow and the Developing world is the orange shades of 0.5 to 0.59999, and the Nondeveloped are below 0.5 (reddish tints on the map.

There are some caveats with this. Obviously the authors do not consider Hate speech laws to be an infringement on free speech, lol. Also Cuba and Venezuela are vastly over rated and I think it is mostly because they are Marxist nations.

But I think it accurately reflects the advancement of many 'Third World' nations like Argentina, Chile, Malaysia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and India.

What do you folks think?

Looks pretty ethnocentric.
The map has in the most advanced nation grouping Japan, South Korea, Germany, Israel, Hong Kong, Gyuana, Canada, Iceland, France, Singapore, Australia, etc.

The second and third tier that complete the top quintile consist of Chile, Thailand, Russia, Gabon, Poland, China, Spain, Botswana, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia and Argentina.

Which ethnicity do you think it is centered on, dude?

And why do liberals have to make EVERYTHING about race?

Last edited:
.....Africa is a shithole--FACT ......if you don't accept that you're a dumbass racist idiot who doesn't see reality

.....Africa is a shithole--FACT ......if you don't accept that you're a dumbass racist idiot who doesn't see reality

Says the dumbass racist idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...you prove that you cannot accept facts--all your posts are seen with that in mind
....you can't fix a problem unless you first admit there is a problem
Africa=
highest poverty/illiteracy/starvation/disease/least potable water/least SANITATION/etc etc etc

Says the dumbass racist idiot.

Dude, this is the CDZ, right?

You talking to me or...

Looks pretty ethnocentric.

Which ethnicity do you think it is centered on, dude?

And why do liberals have to make EVERYTHING about race?

I was merely observing that nearly every advanced country owes its status to Northwestern European influence. Why aren't other countries as advanced?

I agree that liberals make everything about race, dude.

'africa' , lots of bad can be said about 'africa' but 'africa' probably has the most 'bushmeat' in the world so thats a point in 'africas' favor , imo !!!

Forum List

Back