TIME Poll: Obama Leads Head-to-Head Matchups with Republican Rivals

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Obama leads Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who sits atop the GOP presidential field, 46% to 43% among likely voters. The President has opened a double-digit lead over Perry, 50% to 38%, highlighting concerns percolating through the GOP that the Texas governor would face a steep uphill climb should he capture the nomination. Obama also boasts a 49%-to-37% edge over businessman Herman Cain, whose strong Tea Party support has propelled him toward the top of Republican ranks in recent weeks.

Read more: TIME Poll: Obama Leads Matchups with Rivals Romney, Perry | Swampland | TIME.com

i know the gop only likes polls when they are winning

Yeah for sure....just you all FORGET about all them polls showing the Obama's approvals down in the low 40,s...The people REALLY all just LOVE him and want him BACK as that wonderful LEADER of the FREE WORLD.

:lol::lol:

Well Hell. Wasn't there a poll showing Cain, Romney and Perry all beating Barry??

Too many variables in polls which is why I usually ignore em.

The poll that counts comes in the first week of November, 2012. A lot of time between now and then for events to change the political landscape into something we would not recognize from our present viewpoint.

Obama leads Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who sits atop the GOP presidential field, 46% to 43% among likely voters. The President has opened a double-digit lead over Perry, 50% to 38%, highlighting concerns percolating through the GOP that the Texas governor would face a steep uphill climb should he capture the nomination. Obama also boasts a 49%-to-37% edge over businessman , whose strong Tea Party support has propelled him toward the top of Republican ranks in recent weeks.

Read more: TIME Poll: Obama Leads Matchups with Rivals Romney, Perry | Swampland | TIME.com

A poll from the arm of the DNC.

The results are simply shocking. I would have never guessed.
And the likely voters was really a special treat.

I'm not sure the Gop can fxxk up enough for the PEOPLE to want to put this ugly little man back in as President.

The absolute WORST thuggish person for President I have lived under.

Obama leads Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who sits atop the GOP presidential field, 46% to 43% among likely voters. The President has opened a double-digit lead over Perry, 50% to 38%, highlighting concerns percolating through the GOP that the Texas governor would face a steep uphill climb should he capture the nomination. Obama also boasts a 49%-to-37% edge over businessman Herman Cain, whose strong Tea Party support has propelled him toward the top of Republican ranks in recent weeks.

They don't get it... they're so obama-deranged that they forget they can't win and alienate half the country.

Obama leads Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who sits atop the GOP presidential field, 46% to 43% among likely voters. The President has opened a double-digit lead over Perry, 50% to 38%, highlighting concerns percolating through the GOP that the Texas governor would face a steep uphill climb should he capture the nomination. Obama also boasts a 49%-to-37% edge over businessman , whose strong Tea Party support has propelled him toward the top of Republican ranks in recent weeks.

They don't get it... they're so obama-deranged that they forget they can't win and alienate half the country.

LOL This is nothing but A DEM FLUFF piece. No affiliation breakdown. The first telltale sign.

Some other great calls from Time

Lt1eXtL5br08fmyh5zCPtCNYo2_400.jpg

ep2_C_interior_and_map.jpg

mao-zedong-time-magazine-cover-1960-august-8.jpg

images

Last edited:
you are young...there seems to be much worse to come......

carter was a pretty bad but he seems to realize it

who are you talking to my dear? I lived under Carter as President and he WAS bad, but NOT AS bad as the Obama for his ugly thuggish meanness..

sheesh Jilly, that is just what you all did with Bush for the Obama TO WIN..:eusa_whistle:

I was still in the military when Carter was President. Our unit had no less than THREE separate missions in case of war and absolutely NO ammunition. Most of our equipment was broken down and we couldn't get replacement parts. Over half of my unit got out and wouldn't re-up. I was convinced that should the shit hit the fan, we were going to be like the Spartan 300. Probably worse off as we didn't even have what we needed to even start a fight.

Polls are like the wind. Depends from where they came. If they're taken from people on the coast, you get one point of view. More Democrats, you get another. More Republicans, yet another. Take that same poll in the middle of the country and you get a completely different perspective.

I am completely convinced, that unless the Republicans completely screw this up, Jimmy Carter and Barrack Obama will be jet setting around the world together, telling dictators in North Korea and Iran how horrible the United States is. Some say that Jimmy Carter is the best "ex-President" we've ever had. Horse dookey. The man is as incompetent as an "ex-President" as he was as President.

Americans know a loser when they see them. And I don't care how PC this country gets, we don't like losers. We're nice to them; we always give people a chance and unbelievably we give them a second chance. But Barry has screwed up since day one. This race is for the Republicans to lose.

Oh, by the way, Democrats can kiss the Senate goodbye as well... Things are NOT playing well in fly over country for those Democratic Senators who went against their constituents and passed Obamacare... Senators like Claire McCaskill from Missouri will feel some major, major heat...

Q11. IN THE PAST FEW DAYS, A GROUP OF PROTESTORS HAS BEEN GATHERING ON WALL STREET IN NEW YORK CITY AND SOME OTHER CITIES TO PROTEST POLICIES WHICH THEY SAY FAVOR THE RICH, THE GOVERNMENT’S BANK BAILOUT, AND THE INFLUENCE OF MONEY IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM. IS YOUR OPINION OF THESE PROTESTS VERY FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE, VERY UNFAVORABLE, OR DON’T YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE PROTESTS TO HAVE AN OPINION?

VERY FAVORABLE 25%

SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 29%

SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%

VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%

DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 23%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%

Q12. DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THAT POSITION?

A. WALL STREET AND ITS LOBBYISTS HAVE TOO MUCH INFLUENCE IN WASHINGTON

BASE: FAMILIAR WITH PROTESTS (787)

AGREE 86%

DISAGREE 11%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 4%

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/full-results-of-oct-9-10-2011-time-poll/#ixzz1alR5TG2W

54% favor the Wallstreet protest and 86% agrees with them, that tells you the state of mind and the political leanings of those that were polled.

I was still in the military when Carter was President. Our unit had no less than THREE separate missions in case of war and absolutely NO ammunition. Most of our equipment was broken down and we couldn't get replacement parts. Over half of my unit got out and wouldn't re-up. I was convinced that should the shit hit the fan, we were going to be like the Spartan 300. Probably worse off as we didn't even have what we needed to even start a fight.

Polls are like the wind. Depends from where they came. If they're taken from people on the coast, you get one point of view. More Democrats, you get another. More Republicans, yet another. Take that same poll in the middle of the country and you get a completely different perspective.

I am completely convinced, that unless the Republicans completely screw this up, Jimmy Carter and Barrack Obama will be jet setting around the world together, telling dictators in North Korea and Iran how horrible the United States is. Some say that Jimmy Carter is the best "ex-President" we've ever had. Horse dookey. The man is as incompetent as an "ex-President" as he was as President.

Americans know a loser when they see them. And I don't care how PC this country gets, we don't like losers. We're nice to them; we always give people a chance and unbelievably we give them a second chance. But Barry has screwed up since day one. This race is for the Republicans to lose.

Oh, by the way, Democrats can kiss the Senate goodbye as well... Things are NOT playing well in fly over country for those Democratic Senators who went against their constituents and passed Obamacare... Senators like Claire McCaskill from Missouri will feel some major, major heat...

Presidents Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama both suffer from the same economic issues: rising gas prices, high unemployment, and a growing inflation. Under these conditions History will only prove to repeat itself.

Forum List

Back