Time Magazine, Sept 20 2004

fubar said:
So what the hell do you want ? kerry will pay them welfare and free health care ( more , I mean ) the Libertarians want open borders, the green party doesn't have a pair of balls amongst them.

Buchannan? I'd take him, I guess, but in 08, not now....

First of all I want people to stop saying Bush is so great, because he's not. If it's a close race I'll vote for Bush because I sure as hell don't want Kerry to win. If Bush is going to win big, he is by the way, then I'm going to vote for the constitution party. Their stance on immigration is military on the borders, 250,000 legal immigrants a year.

changingtimes said:
Excuse me, but don't just about all the other issues tie into immigration some how? How can you believe Bush is serious about national security when he continues to let our borders be so porous? How can you say he cares about American wages and thus the economy when he lets in 3 million illegal immigrants a year that undercut american wages? How can you say he is serious about fixing our healthcare system when our hospitals are required to treat the 15 million or so illegals that are here? The list goes on.....

By the way, what do you agree with Bush on? Do you like the way he's ballooned are government into the biggest government in the history of the world? Do you like the huge deficit he's run up? Do you like the way he's helped to ruin the education system with his unfunded mandate of No Child Left Behind? ( There should be no department of education by the way, it's unconstitutional). Bush is a RINO, a Republican In Name Only.

Excuse you, and exaggerations aside, no not all other issues tie into immigration. After reading your entire post, I have come to the conclusion that you are not worth the time and trouble. Adios.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Excuse you, and exaggerations aside, no not all other issues tie into immigration. After reading your entire post, I have come to the conclusion that you are not worth the time and trouble. Adios.

Jimmy,

Please educate me about the little world you live in and explain to me how 15 million ILLEGAL immigrants do not effect national security, health care, eduction, and the economy. I would appreciate it if you could clear this up for me. Thanks.

changingtimes said:
Jimmy,

Please educate me about the little world you live in and explain to me how 15 million ILLEGAL immigrants do not effect national security, health care, eduction, and the economy. I would appreciate it if you could clear this up for me. Thanks.

Why don't you take about nine steps back and instead of making shitty remarks provide the link you've been asked for several times. Then we'll talk.

But sadly, we do. Bush is proposing amnesty for illegals, and so is Kerry. Asa Hutchinson has declared that America is "too compassionate" to deport anyone. ALL of our elected officials, save Tom Tancredo, R-Colo. and a few others, are too cowardly to deal with this problem. Political correctness is a cancer that will destroy us.

If we do not seal the borders and deport the illegals immediately, we can kiss the U.S.A. good-bye.

I can't believe we're willing to spend BILLIONS and even TRILLIONS on an unnecessary war miles away and KILL THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT IRAQIS but we aren't willing to just tell Mexican illegals --- AND some al-Qaeda characters among them --- that they can't come into the country. Jesus. It's so America --- we'll bring death and destruction of the bloodiest kind, just so long as Mr. and Mrs. Jones don't have to see it. But we won't take even moderate measures at HOME, where the real problems are.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Why don't you take about nine steps back and instead of making shitty remarks provide the link you've been asked for several times. Then we'll talk.

I'm sorry, but there is no link available to the full article. I guess Time magazine is in bussiness to make a profit so they don't give out their articles for free on the internet. Time magazine is readily available though at your local book store or library if you would like to read the article. If you don't want to then dont, it's fine with me.

I see that someone did find a link to the first few paragraphs. I appreciate that. It should give you a good idea about what the article is talking about. It is about a fifteen page article in its entirety though so just keep in mind that it's an indepth look at the problem.

Jimmy,

I still would like you to expalin to me how 15 MILLION ILLEGAL immigrants don't effect our national security, health care, economy, and education system. You must know something I don't and I really would like to learn more about the issue. I don't think you have to read the article to defend your statement.

Thanks!!

Here is a link to an aticle that talks about the importance of the Time article on immigration

www.city-journal.org/html/eon_09_16_04hm.html

changingtimes said:
I'm sorry, but there is no link available to the full article. I guess Time magazine is in bussiness to make a profit so they don't give out their articles for free on the internet. Time magazine is readily available though at your local book store or library if you would like to read the article. If you don't want to then dont, it's fine with me.

I see that someone did find a link to the first few paragraphs. I appreciate that. It should give you a good idea about what the article is talking about. It is about a fifteen page article in its entirety though so just keep in mind that it's an indepth look at the problem.

Jimmy,

I still would like you to expalin to me how 15 MILLION ILLEGAL immigrants don't effect our national security, health care, economy, and education system. You must know something I don't and I really would like to learn more about the issue. I don't think you have to read the article to defend your statement.

Thanks!!

As I said, the immigration policy Bush has promoted in the past will never get through Congress. Much like Clinton's health care plan, I don't take it into consideration for anything. Without it passing, it won't effect anything.

You seem to think ILLEGAL immigration didn't exists until recently. There have been illegal immigrants in this country for years. The complaint most people have is that they take jobs. While that is true in a minimal number of cases, most illegals come here to do the work we won't do. Frankly, I don't know of many American's lining up to pick oranges.

I guess the real question is, what HAS illegal immigration done to effect national security, the economy, health care, and education? I can't think of any major effects it has had on anything. Now, that said, I do realize that in todays world national security is different than it's been in the past. When you look at the President's stance on immigration, it's not one I agree with, but it's not just throwing the borders open either as some try to make it out to be. So, to say the President doesn't take national security seriously, especially considering many of the other things he's done...the only thing I can say is it isn't right.

I just got off work and am really tired, so I hope that all made some kind of sense. You can disagree with it if you want, which I'm sure you will, but there's no need to break out of the gate being a jerk about it.

Jimmyeatworld said:
As I said, the immigration policy Bush has promoted in the past will never get through Congress. Much like Clinton's health care plan, I don't take it into consideration for anything. Without it passing, it won't effect anything.

You seem to think ILLEGAL immigration didn't exists until recently. There have been illegal immigrants in this country for years. The complaint most people have is that they take jobs. While that is true in a minimal number of cases, most illegals come here to do the work we won't do. Frankly, I don't know of many American's lining up to pick oranges.

I guess the real question is, what HAS illegal immigration done to effect national security, the economy, health care, and education?

Jimmy,

Well I do agree with you on one thing, that the immigration policy that Bush has proposed will never make it through congress. But his amnesty plan really is irrelevent because it's basically going on now. There are 15 million illegals in the country and the number keeps growing with out the Bush administration doing a dam thing about it. In fact, by just merely stating the possibility of an amnesty program it has encouraged a high rise in illegal immigration.

So the point is I don't care about his ridiculous amnesty plan! He is disgusting because he wont enforce the laws we have now!

As for illegals taking jobs that Americans don't want, I can see you've been sucking up the sugar coated garbage Bush and his buddies have been feeding you. Do you find it hard to believe 15 million illegals are picking oranges and mowing lawns? Have you driven by a construction sight lately? I'll bet you hear a lot of spanish being spoken. The Time article talks about how managers from Tyson's Food were busted by undercover federal agents for "ordering" several hundred illegals from a smuggling ring so he could get rid of some of his other workers. There weren't going to be picking fruit. How about the twenty thousand members of the 18th street gang, a drug traffic gang centered in L.A. I sure hope those aren't American jobs their taking.

As for illegal immigration not effecting the economy, it's common knowledge that hospitals in the South West are going bankrupt like crazy because they are required by law to treat illegals.

I encourage you to read the Time article. It was very informative. The American people know that illegal immigration is killing us. The majority of polls show that 80-90% of Americans want something done about the immigration crisis. Our politicians, Including Bush, refuse to listen.

Here is another link you can read

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10094.shtml

also check out:

www.illegalwatch.com

changingtimes said:
Jimmy,

Well I do agree with you on one thing, that the immigration policy that Bush has proposed will never make it through congress. But his amnesty plan really is irrelevent because it's basically going on now. There are 15 million illegals in the country and the number keeps growing with out the Bush administration doing a dam thing about it. In fact, by just merely stating the possibility of an amnesty program it has encouraged a high rise in illegal immigration.

So the point is I don't care about his ridiculous amnesty plan! He is disgusting because he wont enforce the laws we have now!

As for illegals taking jobs that Americans don't want, I can see you've been sucking up the sugar coated garbage Bush and his buddies have been feeding you. Do you find it hard to believe 15 million illegals are picking oranges and mowing lawns? Have you driven by a construction sight lately? I'll bet you hear a lot of spanish being spoken. The Time article talks about how managers from Tyson's Food were busted by undercover federal agents for "ordering" several hundred illegals from a smuggling ring so he could get rid of some of his other workers. There weren't going to be picking fruit. How about the twenty thousand members of the 18th street gang, a drug traffic gang centered in L.A. I sure hope those aren't American jobs their taking.

As for illegal immigration not effecting the economy, it's common knowledge that hospitals in the South West are going bankrupt like crazy because they are required by law to treat illegals.

I encourage you to read the Time article. It was very informative. The American people know that illegal immigration is killing us. The majority of polls show that 80-90% of Americans want something done about the immigration crisis. Our politicians, Including Bush, refuse to listen.

Here is another link you can read

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10094.shtml

also check out:

www.illegalwatch.com

You can take your sugar coated garbage and put it back in your can. I've been saying that same thing about illegals taking the crap jobs since George W. Bush was just the Vice-Presidents son. I've told you before, nobody gives me my opinions.

A lot of hospitals in the southwest are in financial trouble, and it's not all the illegals fault. There is a legal situation, like the one here in Texas, that's a bit of a catch 22. If someone goes into a general hospital, the hospital has to treat them. They can send them a bill and the person has to pay. However, if the person doesn't pay the bill, the hospital can't take legal action to get the money from them. A lot of people take full advantage of that. I don't doubt this is a problem with illegals, but I'll tell you that in my area 95% has absolutely nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Jimmyeatworld said:
A lot of hospitals in the southwest are in financial trouble, and it's not all the illegals fault. There is a legal situation, like the one here in Texas, that's a bit of a catch 22. If someone goes into a general hospital, the hospital has to treat them. They can send them a bill and the person has to pay. However, if the person doesn't pay the bill, the hospital can't take legal action to get the money from them. A lot of people take full advantage of that.

Uh.... Do you think if we elliminated the illegals that are abusing the system this could be a first giant step in fixing the problem?

Jimmy, can we agree on a couple of things? First, These people are ILLEGAL that's the main pont. They show by their very nature that they have no concerns about our system of law. There are 15 million of them and the number is growing every day. Next year 18 million, in two years 21 million, and so on..... When does it stop? I'd say a pretty good time is now.

Second, President Bush has shown he has no intentions of stopping them.
for this he should be charged with treason and drug through the streets for failing to uphold the constitution... Protect states from foreign invasion.

Third, They are not taking only shit jobs anymore. Shure a lot of them are coming to pick fruit and mow lawns, but they are also starting to take most of the lower middle class jobs. Driven by a construction crew or a roofing crew lately?

Did you read the part in the last link I provided about how they are bringing disease with them and this is becoming a major problem? Think our health care system can stand that right know?

Here is yet another link about the Cost of immigrants to our country:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31047

changingtimes said:
Uh.... Do you think if we elliminated the illegals that are abusing the system this could be a first giant step in fixing the problem?

Jimmy, can we agree on a couple of things? First, These people are ILLEGAL that's the main pont. They show by their very nature that they have no concerns about our system of law. There are 15 million of them and the number is growing every day. Next year 18 million, in two years 21 million, and so on..... When does it stop? I'd say a pretty good time is now.

Second, President Bush has shown he has no intentions of stopping them.
for this he should be charged with treason and drug through the streets for failing to uphold the constitution... Protect states from foreign invasion.

Third, They are not taking only shit jobs anymore. Shure a lot of them are coming to pick fruit and mow lawns, but they are also starting to take most of the lower middle class jobs. Driven by a construction crew or a roofing crew lately?

Did you read the part in the last link I provided about how they are bringing disease with them and this is becoming a major problem? Think our health care system can stand that right know?

Here is yet another link about the Cost of immigrants to our country:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31047

Dude, I've been screwing with you because you were such a jerk when you first came to this board, but you're getting out of hand. President Bush is not commiting treason. People coming into the country is not an invasion in the literal sense. You're still talking like illegal immigration didn't exists before Bush took office. The problems you're talking about have been there for years, I kow because I've lived around it my entire life. Things aren't any worse now then they were during the Clinton administration or even before that. Yes, I've seen concrete, roofing, and construction crews. In fact, I have a cousin that is a roofer. The reason so many illegals are hired for that kind of work is because there are so few people willing to work in the heat and do the work that is necessary to get the job done. I don't give a damn what your magazine articles say, I live in the middle of it.

This is the last I'm going to say about it. Like I said, a lot of what I said was just screwing with you anyway. Get on with your life.

Do you think Huntington Park CA, (L.A.) is in the middle of it? That's were I was born and raised. Unfortunately I live in Detroit now and it's pretty much in the middle of it now as is the rest of the country. You are now longer worth my time..... Like I said I am in the majority on the isuue 80-90% want immigration change and Bush does nothing.

Forum List

Back