Time Magazine Person Of The Year

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
This year I would like to throw out my nomination of who I think should be Person Of The Year. In this case Persons Of The Year....The Founders Of The Tea Party.

Who would you all nominate?

Nancy Pelosi. Our speaker did something so hard and so difficult in spite of the monied interests and the corporate hounds, she helped pass a Bill that has the potential of moving America once again forward in its Preamble promise. Tough actions, as history so often demonstrates are rare. Bravo Nancy.

"Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole." Vaclav Havel

Sebastián Piñera

Julian Assange
Glenn Beck
David Cameron
The Chilean Miners
Arne Duncan
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Jonathan Franzen
Lady Gaga
Robert Gates
Tony Hayward
Hu Jintao
LeBron James
Steve Jobs
Hamid Karzai
David and Charles Koch
Liu Xiaobo
Barack Obama
Sarah Palin
Nancy Pelosi
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
The Unemployed American
J. Craig Venter
Elizabeth Warren, Mary Schapiro and Sheila Bair
Mark Zuckerberg

Read more: Full List - Who Will Be TIME's 2010 Person of the Year? - TIME

Given the list, my choice would be "None Of The Above".

Paul the Octopus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul-The-Octopus.jpg

Sadly Paul is no longer with us. However, his 2010 was a world beater.

No politicians or pundits. Lady GaGa would be preferable, at least she does something worthwhile for society.

Nancy Pelosi.

Why would you nominate the worst Speaker of the House in American history as Person of the Year?

Pelosi has done nothing but screw up repeatedly. We tried the Pelosi experiment. It went down in a flaiming heap. Pelosi is damaged goods. Hell, her own party is revolting against her. They want her to just go away.

crazy-nancy.jpg

Nancy Pelosi. Our speaker did something so hard and so difficult in spite of the monied interests and the corporate hounds, she helped pass a Bill that has the potential of moving America once again forward in its Preamble promise. Tough actions, as history so often demonstrates are rare. Bravo Nancy.

"Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole." Vaclav Havel

You say bravo to Pelosi with an approval rating of 11%.
Poll: Low Favorability Ratings For Pelosi, Reid - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Some just don't get the fact that the American people not the corporations, rejected the legislation she helped ram through. The election is proof positive of that.
Blind partisan politics has only helped this country to the state it is in now. Vote for America not politicians.

Maybe Nancy Pelosi and Jon Stewart could share the award this year? One for getting congress to do something good for all America for a change, the other for demonstrating how absurd America's MSM has become because of corporate control of reality.

"Corporate propaganda directed outwards, that is, to the public at large, has two main objectives: to identify the free enterprise system in popular consciousness with every cherished value, and to identify interventionist governments and strong unions (the only agencies capable of checking a complete domination of society by corporations) with tyranny, oppression and even subversion. The techniques used to achieve these results are variously called 'public relations', 'corporate communications' and 'economic education'." Alex Carey 'Taking the Risk out of Democracy'

the nameless, faceless hacker who spilled the climategate emails and turned the world away from global warming alarmism and the untold damage in money and productivity that useless 'solutions' would have caused.

Forum List

Back