Time.. It's Flying By

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Beats me why but time is definitely moving quicker than it used to.

I don't understand or know how the scientists would explain it, theory of relativity, gravitational time dilation, who knows, I just know it's flying by.

When I was a kid, summer vacation seemed to last forever. It seems like I just took down last years Christmas lights. My daughter just turned sweet sixteen but her 17th is next week.

What the Hell is going on here :confused:...&...:eusa_doh:

time flys...sugar booty...whether you are having fun or not!

Well I'm having fun, I stop and smell the roses but does time seem to be moving faster to you, Spicy Mama..?......:disbelief:

Last edited:
Time is most definitely subjective.

Yesterday my son was sledding down the hill behind the house without a care in the world.

Today, he's some strange young man living in my house planning his getaway.

Yesterday my father was a vibrant man that women half his age hit on (hell half of those were my girl friends!)

Today, he's some aged old man I bearly recognize

Yesterday, my life was so full of potential that anything I could imagine was within my grasp.

Today, my life is about tidying up my affairs so that when what I have done I can no longer do, there will be somebody there to continue doing it.

Beats me why but time is definitely moving quicker than it used to.

I don't understand or know how the scientists would explain it, theory of relativity, gravitational time dilation, who knows, I just know it's flying by.

When I was a kid, summer vacation seemed to last forever. It seems like I just took down last years Christmas lights. My daughter just turned sweet sixteen but her 17th is next week.

What the Hell is going on here :confused:...&...:eusa_doh:

The speed at which the clock moves is inversely dictated by the number of candles on your birthday cake.

Measured Time is political. Life-Time is quite personal.

Yesterday my son was sledding down the hill behind the house without a care in the world.

Yesterday my father was a vibrant man that women half his age hit on (hell half of those were my girl friends!)

Yesterday, my life was so full of potential that anything I could imagine was within my grasp.

Today, my life is about tidying up my affairs so that when what I have done I can no longer do, there will be somebody there to continue doing it.

Give yourself a few years and you'll find the man in the mirror is some aged old man that you bearly recognize. And what's up with this fat on my belly?

Isn't that the truth? When I see someone I haven't seen in a few years, I always say "Thank goodness it's just our kids getting old". It freaks me out when I see a grown child I haven't seen since they were little.

What a life it has been. But...wait!!! I am still alive. What a life it is.

Yes, the kids are grown, but they are still my babies. I am a Grampa now. I suppose this is my chance to do a better job than I did when I was a Pa.

I'm still learning, and it seems to me that I am enjoying that more than I did as a child. Hmmm, no what I think about it, I think I am learning faster now. Maybe that is because I have so much to learn insuch a short time.

More than learning, I am still teaching. Once again, I seem to be enjoying that more too. Now that I think of it, I am teaching faster than I used to also, at least the learners seem to be grasping it faster.

Today another Christmas party. Nut, there is never "just another christmas party" for me. For every year I bring my train to show my Sunday school class. My train...the memories it brings. My Dad made it for me when I was four, for Christmas. It is 58 hears old now. These hands, now 62 years old, helt and played with that little train for many years. Something different this year, My Dad is gone. He was a hero in my life, still is. Much of him is in me. The party will be a blast, as usual, but will the kids I show that train to understand the heart behind it?

The world has changed a lot since I was little. I am not sure homemade gifts are as signifficant as thjey were back then. In my teaching moment, today, I will offer an old lesson, through an old Christmas gift, to a new generation. What will that look like?

Time, I am satisfied with where it has taken me. I look forward to the rest of the journey.

God bless you all, and Merry Christmas.

As we age, each year becomes a smaller part of our lives.

When we were five, a year was a fifth of our lives. At age 50, a year is but a 50th of our life.

I really liked this post Editec.. your officially human.....:lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzsCg79wQlE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1YfehK7U[/ame]

As we age, each year becomes a smaller part of our lives.

When we were five, a year was a fifth of our lives. At age 50, a year is but a 50th of our life.

I never looked at it that way..does that make time move quicker? mm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back