Time For The Tea Party To Replace The Republican party ?

Doctavian

Rookie
Nov 18, 2012

Background:
The religious revival, that swept the northern United States from 1840 to 1855 (See: "The burnt-over district, Wickopedia) made it imposable for the members of America's politically conservative party (Called the Whig Party) to tolerate the expansion/ and or acceptance of slavery. (Whig members included: Abraham Lincoln, Danial Webster, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor etc) But the leadership of the Whig party refused to advance the anti-slavery agenda of the vast majority of it's members. The party's leadership preferred to compromise with the Democrats party's pro-slavery stance.

Consequently a group of former Whigs, who believed in a literal interpretation of the American Constitution (that "All Men" really are created equal) formed a new party called The Republican Party, in Ripon, Wisconsin on June 6th 1854. Their ranks soon swelled with former Republicans, and Democrats of conscience. And within six years "the rest" became history.

What concerns conservatives today is the encrochmont of economic slavery. (The emancipation of Russia's original economic slaves occured in 1861 (See: Emancipation reform 1861, Wickopedia) And of Russia's "modern economic slaves" in 1991.

Do you think that it is time for "The Tea Party" (or a party of a different name, representing conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians) to replace the Republican party ?

Since the dawn of civilization those who are progressive in nature have always won out. The Republican Party of 1840-1970 is not the Republican party of today, in fact it was virtually the opposite. The Whigs success was due to the fact that slavery was going to end eventually. I believe we were the second to last western nation to ban slavery, only to Brazil in 1888 (I think). The Tea Party is on the wrong side of history. In order to save the Party, we have to adapt to non crazy ideas. We maintain or fiscal stances because they are a neccessity, but lets drop these crazy social thoughts because they are the reasons we lose so many youth votes. Trust me I know, I am in college and every person I speak to who says, I like the Repubs. ideas on the economy but I cant morally vote for someone who wants to ban gay marraige or any other host of out dated social ideals. If we want a conservative revival we need to stop putting people in congress from Kansas 3rd district or wherever who placee social issues over our impending fiscal doom. just my opinion though

From the first indication that there was a new group of people who called themselves Tea Party, I have felt that they were repubs, independents and dems who wanted better government representation. I got the idea that they didn't care who the person running for office was, as long as he was honest, fair, could work with either party and had Americas best interest in his heart and mind. The last thing we need is yet another party. The concept of Tea Party, the very name itself, means a protest of the status quo.

It didn't take long for those who want to push others around, influence their thinking and know what's best for you to try and take charge. That immediately lost them a lot of members, as it well should have. Tea Partiers are protesters, not joiners. The vote in America is a private thing, and so should being a Tea Party member. They, [We], need no leader to tell us who to vote for and are perfectly able to make our own choices. Which after all, is why we became Tea Partiers in the first place.

Last edited:
Since the dawn of civilization those who are progressive in nature have always won out. The Republican Party of 1840-1970 is not the Republican party of today, in fact it was virtually the opposite. The Whigs success was due to the fact that slavery was going to end eventually. I believe we were the second to last western nation to ban slavery, only to Brazil in 1888 (I think). The Tea Party is on the wrong side of history. In order to save the Party, we have to adapt to non crazy ideas. We maintain or fiscal stances because they are a neccessity, but lets drop these crazy social thoughts because they are the reasons we lose so many youth votes. Trust me I know, I am in college and every person I speak to who says, I like the Repubs. ideas on the economy but I cant morally vote for someone who wants to ban gay marraige or any other host of out dated social ideals. If we want a conservative revival we need to stop putting people in congress from Kansas 3rd district or wherever who placee social issues over our impending fiscal doom. just my opinion though

I'm glad to see Jake Starkey got his kid to post here.

Bankrupting our country is a moral issue.

The "Tea Party" meaning Conservatives and Libertarians will now begin to take over the Republican Party

It is clear today the tea party is a third party in American politics. While certain ideological positions coincide with republican positions the tea party does not operate within the republican party. Look only at Speaker Boehner and you quickly realize the problem with third parities - they have too much power given the minority base they represent. The Speaker can do little for he fears them, they control him and with him the entire House. Imagine then a small minority of tea party senators and while it seems impossible, even less will get done in our legislative body. Those who argue for third parties must now recognize how problematic they are, and how a small group of extremists can come to control the American political system. Should the tea party transform into the republican party, the democrats will continue to win national elections. Extremist views don't play well nationally.

It is clear today the tea party is a third party in American politics. While certain ideological positions coincide with republican positions the tea party does not operate within the republican party. Look only at Speaker Boehner and you quickly realize the problem with third parities - they have too much power given the minority base they represent. The Speaker can do little for he fears them, they control him and with him the entire House. Imagine then a small minority of tea party senators and while it seems impossible, even less will get done in our legislative body. Those who argue for third parties must now recognize how problematic they are, and how a small group of extremists can come to control the American political system. Should the tea party transform into the republican party, the democrats will continue to win national elections. Extremist views don't play well nationally.

I see it more as a Movement. Back to Basics. Back to a Purpose driven life, rooted in Personal Responsibility V.S. Group Think. Classic Liberalism V.S. Statist Progressivism. Moral Absolutism V.S. Moral Relativism. Sort of like, not having to know who is involved in an altercation before deciding right and wrong, as opposed to having to know who is involved in an altercation, before determining what is supposedly Just, for fear of who you might piss off or offend, by your Judgement. You know, Impartial Justice V.S. Blind Justice. Just a thought.

Background:
The religious revival, that swept the northern United States from 1840 to 1855 (See: "The burnt-over district, Wickopedia) made it imposable for the members of America's politically conservative party (Called the Whig Party) to tolerate the expansion/ and or acceptance of slavery. (Whig members included: Abraham Lincoln, Danial Webster, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor etc) But the leadership of the Whig party refused to advance the anti-slavery agenda of the vast majority of it's members. The party's leadership preferred to compromise with the Democrats party's pro-slavery stance.

Consequently a group of former Whigs, who believed in a literal interpretation of the American Constitution (that "All Men" really are created equal) formed a new party called The Republican Party, in Ripon, Wisconsin on June 6th 1854. Their ranks soon swelled with former Republicans, and Democrats of conscience. And within six years "the rest" became history.

What concerns conservatives today is the encrochmont of economic slavery. (The emancipation of Russia's original economic slaves occured in 1861 (See: Emancipation reform 1861, Wickopedia) And of Russia's "modern economic slaves" in 1991.

Do you think that it is time for "The Tea Party" (or a party of a different name, representing conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians) to replace the Republican party ?

Yes, it is time and Marco Rubio would make a fine leader.

But as far as this country, showing any kind of reversal to the days of fiscal responsibility and accountability, it is something I seriously doubt.

We should have let America go over the FC so "maybe" Obammy's supporters could see how much he really is willing to hurt them and doesn't care one bit. He is into the power grab and now probably arriving in HI to finish his vaca with the family at the additional expense to the taxpayers of 7 ( seven ) million dollars.

I predict Tea Party faves, taking more seats in both Houses, in two years.

The "Tea Party" needs to take control of the Republican Party and make it a Reform Government Party.

Republican Moderates have walked us to the brink of the cliff, we need to aikido them so they follow their Ideological Democrat brothers over the egde.

Reform Entitlements, reform taxes, reform all of DC

It's either that or we follow the instruction that came with our Founding documented and hit Ctl Alt Del twice and reboot the whole system

I'm glad to see Jake Starkey got his kid to post here.

Who's Jake Starkey? Who cares? I'm nobody's kid.

I think Tea Party is completely off the mark. It's not a party, it's a way of thinking, and when it gets rolling, it will shame any party that thinks they have what it takes now. If it ever gets away from the people who founded the concept, then it deserves to fail, but the individuals who make it up now will still be out here, voting for whoever shows promise. Instead of pissing an moaning about what it's doing wrong, how about some opinion about what to do right?

It's time for the Tea Party to come out and voice the dissatisfaction with this President, explain to him how a compromise works instead of these games he plays with his Media friends and Liberal nuts destroying this country...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back