Time for the Nuclear Option?

Will the dems try to pass UHC by using reconciliation?

• Yes - use the "nuclear option"

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No - it would lose anyway. they aren't that stupid.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I've been seeing some of the dem wackos trying to encourage Reid to play the "reconciliation" card. Commonly called the "nuclear option", it means that a simple 51 vote majority would be used to pass legislation.

Even a die-hard liberal like Chris Matthews agreed that you can't use reconciliation to pass a "new program".

Will the dems try to pass UHC via "reconciliation"??

If they use it, they do so at their peril. Smartest thing would be to work out the few areas they agree on and pass a small but impactive bill that has bipartisan support. It will not solve all the problems but it would start to move things forward.

I was of the opinion that they wouldn't do it but, having given it more consideration, I think they are probably count votes now to see if they have the 51 they need.

They wont do it. They are already running scared.
THey wont reach across the aisle to the GOP either. Obama is too partisan to do that. Maybe they will scale down the bill to a few essentials and get Olympia Snowe or someone to get on board with it.
But mostly I think they will let it lapse and instead concentrate on (killing) jobs. Obama says he gets the message. That almost certainly means he doesn't. He will push for another big government stimulus type jobs program.

I've been seeing some of the dem wackos trying to encourage Reid to play the "reconciliation" card. Commonly called the "nuclear option", it means that a simple 51 vote majority would be used to pass legislation.

Even a die-hard liberal like Chris Matthews agreed that you can't use reconciliation to pass a "new program".

Reconciliation is not the "nuclear option."

Reconciliation is not the "nuclear option."

I really hate to quote Dick Durbin, but.....
FOXNews.com - Top Senate Democrat Outlines 'Nuclear Option' Strategy for Health Care

I hate when a poster makes a statement w/o ANY proof (reconciliation is NOT the "nuclear option"). Got a link? If not, thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back