Time for Ron Paul Fans to Support the Constitution

Not voting for Romney is voting for obama's flag and the pledge of allegiance to obama as well.

If the Paulbots would fight for our Constitution now is the time to do it.

Yes, but by not voting for Obama I'm also voting for Romney. So it's a win-win.

Not voting for Romney is voting for obama's flag and the pledge of allegiance to obama as well.

Actually all it does is say you don't care at all. Which, underneath it all, is really the position of paulbots. Their loyalty is to Ron Paul, alone.

Actually all it does is say you don't care at all. Which, underneath it all, is really the position of paulbots. Their loyalty is to Ron Paul, alone.

Well if that's all it says then why are you spouting nonsense about how it's a vote for Obama? I don't think you can have it both ways.

And no, I don't care who wins between Tweedledum and Tweedledee, but no my loyalty is not to Ron Paul alone. It's to the message.

I can't say for certain that a lack of libertarian support will prevent the Republicans from winning the presidency, but from what I'm seeing, we sure as hell won't be helping them in that endeavor, and that is gratifying.

I can't say for certain that a lack of libertarian support will prevent the Republicans from winning the presidency, but from what I'm seeing, we sure as hell won't be helping them in that endeavor, and that is gratifying.

Is a pyrrhic victory really going to help the nation?

Personally, I respect a person's choice to vote their heart with a third party or not vote at all. I've always voted Libertarian in the past, way back to the Harry Browne days. This time, I'm holding my nose and voting for Romney. I think Obama is that bad and the idea of him appointing more judges scares the heck out of me.

I don't have to like pulling that R lever, but I'm going to do it this time...and hope for the best.

Personally, I respect a person's choice to vote their heart with a third party or not vote at all. I've always voted Libertarian in the past, way back to the Harry Browne days. This time, I'm holding my nose and voting for Romney. I think Obama is that bad and the idea of him appointing more judges scares the heck out of me.

I don't have to like pulling that R lever, but I'm going to do it this time...and hope for the best.

i hope that when 2016 comes around Romney will have shown himself to be someone you dont have to hold your nose for.

Voting the right hand of the federal government party? Alright.....

Voting the right hand of the federal government party? Alright.....

I'm not happy about it! But yes, this time, I'm convinced it's the right thing for me to do.

In other words, I hold your posts with much respect here and the time for debating this stuf is about over. im not going to say anything that will convince someone of your intellect.

All i can do is hope you're right.

Is a pyrrhic victory really going to help the nation?

I don't believe it's "pyrrhic". My number one priority is to break the stranglehold that the entrenched parties have on our country. That won't happen as long as we keep endorsing them. You've (presumably) bought into the notion that the Democrats, or Obama, represent a significantly more dangerous threat to the nation than the Romney and the Republicans. I haven't.

So in my view removing our support for both major parties is essential, and more important than the net differences between them, which I consider inconsequential in the long run.

Last edited:
I could understand why the Republicans want Ron Paul supporters to support Romney. They believe because Ron Paul is a HOR Republican that Ron Paul supporters are more Republican than Democrat, Libertarian, Constitution Party, etc. I am a Ron Paul supporter because I support his individual views instead of the Party's views. I mostly vote Libertarian but I have voted for certain Republicans and a couple Democrats in my life. To me it is his message instead of a beat Obama state of mind.

This guy wrote another piece on the same topic.

More than 3100 people have commented on Tuesday’s Big Government post “Time for Ron Paul Fans to Support the Constitution.” Many agreed with my thesis that libertarians should support Mitt Romney to avoid a second Obama term, but many did not. The huge response is an indicator of how the looming specter of another four years of Obama has focused minds in the libertarian community.

Unfortunately, many libertarians are focused on the wrong things. They are trading the chance to make a short-term statement for the long-term destruction of libertarianism, and perhaps even of their country.

Libertarians need to play the long-game if they ever want to stop being a fringe movement. And folks, vindictively boycotting Mitt in the name of ideological purity isn’t it.

More on Why Ron Paul

Now when the author states:

They are making sure that every conservative knows that when Mitt Romney loses it’s because the GOP dared to pick a nominee who didn’t meet their standards, who wasn’t their guy. They want to make sure the country pays the price because they think Ron Paul got dissed in Tampa and because Gary Johnson didn’t get allowed into the debates. In fact, they seem delighted to rub it in.

He's quite confused. All those things are true, and yes we are delighted to rub it in, but that's only in addition to the fact that Mitt Romney is a statist just like Obama. So yes, we do enjoy the fact that you're constantly throwing tantrums that we won't get in line like a beaten spouse and vote for the candidate that you want, but only on top of the fact that you nominated a clone of the person you claim is so awful.

My favorite part, however, is this one:

You want to send a message this election. You need to think about what that message is. Your problem, if you truly care about growing libertarianism in the future, is that the people you’re enjoying vexing today will send libertarians a message right back in the future. And that message is anatomically impossible for any but the most limber of gymnasts.

But then, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe alienating your potential converts is a brilliant counter-intuitive strategy that I’m just too dumb to see.

Really? We're the ones alienating potential converts? You guys didn't do that throughout the entire primary, huh? Now you want to try to turn it around on us? Get real.

In a two-part column over at Breitbart’s Big Government, Kurt Schlichter practically begs libertarians to “support our Constitution” and vote for Mitt Romney this November in order to avoid not only the “destruction of this country” by way of a second Obama term, but also to avoid the destruction of libertarianism by way of the Libertarian Party becoming a pariah.

The begging will not work, especially when it comes with the usual platitudinous overtures to America and the Constitution being at stake; and the suggestion that not supporting Romney is to selfishly disregard of the Constitution in the name of ideology. No matter how you dice the logic, a committed Republican accusing libertarians of not supporting the Constitution is nothing short of laughable.

Breitbart Writer Begs Libertarians To Vote Romney — Sorry, It Ain’t Going To Work | Mediaite

This is a great response to the Breitbart articles. The best line is the last, however.

How about you start supporting the Constitution? And how about you actually make an effort to incorporate libertarians by, for starters, not dismissing them only until it becomes politically necessary to beg for their support?

:clap2: Thank you best post on this thread.

They are making sure that every conservative knows that when Mitt Romney loses it’s because the GOP dared to pick a nominee who didn’t meet their standards, who wasn’t their guy. They want to make sure the country pays the price because they think Ron Paul got dissed in Tampa and because Gary Johnson didn’t get allowed into the debates. In fact, they seem delighted to rub it in.

He's quite confused. All those things are true, and yes we are delighted to rub it in, but that's only in addition to the fact that Mitt Romney is a statist just like Obama. So yes, we do enjoy the fact that you're constantly throwing tantrums that we won't get in line like a beaten spouse and vote for the candidate that you want, but only on top of the fact that you nominated a clone of the person you claim is so awful.

This is core point that the Republican apologists can't, or won't, face.

Forum List

Back