Time for Republicans to take some Responsibility

I think we may need to get rid of the filibuster in the senate....it was never in the Constitution and if you review it, all the filibuster does is bring more PORK to the senators filibustering, until it reaches the point of tipping the scale.....and they vote for cloture.

cloture?

the system is set up ..so it pays states to re elect...just look at the nightmare years with jesse helms....but he was a powerful man due to his tenure in office.....that determines the chairmen of key committees and they have great influence...

storm , byrd...all them old fucks...hell there is not an existing highway in wv that is not name robert byrd something

cloture = vote to end debate. It's how filibusters end. After the Senators reading the phone book get what they wanted, that is. When it started it was used to force compromise, but now all it does is make the bill go.....Oink!

Yep, definitely throw the filibuster in under procedural reform.

I think we may need to get rid of the filibuster in the senate....it was never in the Constitution and if you review it, all the filibuster does is bring more PORK to the senators filibustering, until it reaches the point of tipping the scale.....and they vote for cloture.

Yup. You know your brain is beautiful care?

YOU are the ones who elected and stood by the last administration, no matter how much they spent, no matter how much they bloated the federal bureaucracy, no matter the bailouts, no matter the sellouts, no matter the cop-outs, no matter how much they campaigned like libertarians and governed like progressive democrats.

Fiscal conservatives didn't give us Medicare D, insane transportation ans spending bills, Wall Street bailouts, airline bailouts, auto bailouts and extension after extension after extension of unemployment handouts.

Civil libertarians didn't give us the USAPATRIOT act, the Department of Fatherl...er...Homeland Security, expansions of snoop programs like Echilon and Carnivore, TSA, and two foreign wars with no coherent end end games in sight.

Nor did any fiscal conservative or civil libertarian suspend his presidential campaign as a stunt, only to go along with the party line in the end.

Democrats didn't nominate a candidate who was unwilling to do what it took to win.

It's not anybody's fault but your own that all you've offered is crappy and defective product after crappy and defective product.

You chumps own the Boyking and his merry band of despotic cramdown artists as much as the other party does.

You left out the multibillion dollar subsidy to the oil corps whom immediately raised the price of gas up more than a buck. This one hits home every day for me. Some might say "This is Obamas fault."...but they have the memory of fruit flies and can't remember when gas was under a buck a gallon.

We were not happy with a lot of things, but we held our noses in the interest of comity and such like.

We were suckers

Especially when it came to medicare part D.

OK.

So now we know that the democratic party is the cause fo some of our issues and the GOP is the cause of the others.

OK. Cool.

So exactly who voted them in office? Who re-elected for a thousand terms many that are in congress?

Was it the DEM? The GOP?

Funny, I thought WE were the ones who vote them in or vote them out.

Blame whoever you want, but I blame the American people. We do not learn. We blame, make "changes" and then blame again.

Who on here knows the voting record of each individual prospect for 2010? Really? Everyone? How many of us will only vote DEM becuase we think the GOP are liars? How many will only vote GOP becuase the DEM are all a bunch of left wing loons?

Jeez folks. Half of you voted for President Obama becuase you believed he was a moderate. Were you too busy to look at his voting record in the state legislature? IN the US Senate?

Stop voting party and start voting for those that show true bi-partisanship IN THEIR ACTIONS, not just their words.

We are a country of conflicting ideaologies. Neither side has the right to say "my way or the highway".

Start voting for those that respect others with different views, not those that ridicule those with different views.

I know I will.

Jarhead,

Well said...

When WE the PEOPLE wake up and actually take time away from "The Biggest Loser" or "American Idol" and actually do some research on the politicians that are in office only then can you understand who you should vote for.

Jarhead,

Well said...

When WE the PEOPLE wake up and actually take time away from "The Biggest Loser" or "American Idol" and actually do some research on the politicians that are in office only then can you understand who you should vote for.

What makes my head spin is for 6 years all I heard people say was thet GWB was a liar.

Whether he was or wasnt isnt the issue. People believed he was. OK. Fine.

So when I ask them "what made you think President Obama was a moderate?', they all respond with "he said he was".

I mean...really? You complained for years that a politician lied and then your excuse the next time around is "I bleieved him?"

I mean. Look at his voting record for his state senate years and his short term in the US senate.

Jeez. People just dont learn. I really think most prefer to complain; and defer blame.

The less they do in Washington the better off the american people are.

OK.

So now we know that the democratic party is the cause fo some of our issues and the GOP is the cause of the others.

OK. Cool.

So exactly who voted them in office? Who re-elected for a thousand terms many that are in congress?

Was it the DEM? The GOP?

Blame whoever you want, but I blame the American people. We do not learn. We blame, make "changes" and then blame again.

Who on here knows the voting record of each individual prospect for 2010? Really? Everyone? How many of us will only vote DEM becuase we think the GOP are liars? How many will only vote GOP becuase the DEM are all a bunch of left wing loons?

Jeez folks. Half of you voted for President Obama becuase you believed he was a moderate. Were you too busy to look at his voting record in the state legislature? IN the US Senate?

Stop voting party and start voting for those that show true bi-partisanship IN THEIR ACTIONS, not just their words.

We are a country of conflicting ideaologies. Neither side has the right to say "my way or the highway".

Start voting for those that respect others with different views, not those that ridicule those with different views.

I know I will.

I love reading the truth :)

OK.

OK. Cool.

Was it the DEM? The GOP?

I know I will.

that all sounds great, but this shit has been going on since before your great-granmammy was born, and the way it is set up, two extremes to which politicians will invariably flock to, will moderate the government with a hopefully centrist outcome. changing that may turn out like trying to make things fall upward. the answer to politics is to balance the weights, rather than to pray that politicians are going to lighten up and 'respect others with different views'.

the issue that we've got at hand is a one-sided government. it's a result of republicans seating the blame, and rightly so, for a lot of what is making life hard in the country. the democrats put up a great candidate compared to kerry and gore. the republicans put up sarah palin. a lot of credibility was lost on one side of our government, and the other is being put to the test now.

while you call for more moderate politicians, the republicans are considering taking heed of social conservatives and fiscal nihilists, even further to the right. will they bring balance to the table with that bullshit? we'll see what the rhetoric sounds like in the fall.

Forum List

Back