Time for Peace...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
I've posted a hundred times..Israeli acceptance as a ZIONIST STATE IS POSSIBLE...It's Israel's move!
Hamas: any peace deal with Israel would be 'truce' - Yahoo! News
Hamas would consider any Palestinian peace deal with Israel as a truce, the Islamist movement's second-in-command Mussa Abu Marzuk said in a rare interview with American Jewish daily Forward.

"We will not recognise Israel as a state," he reiterated during an interview conducted over two days in Cairo, where he has lived since leaving Damascus along with most of the Hamas leadership in exile.

Abu Marzuk stressed that while under the reconciliation agreement with Fatah leader and Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas, Hamas did not object to the rival Palestinian faction negotiating with Israel, his movement's position remained that any deal must be put to a referendum of all Palestinians, including refugees.

edited- please only snip approx one third of an article, due to copyright issues, thank you.

I've posted a hundred times..Israeli acceptance as a ZIONIST STATE IS POSSIBLE...It's Israel's move!
Hamas would consider any Palestinian peace deal with Israel as a truce, the Islamist movement's second-in-command Mussa Abu Marzuk said in a rare interview with American Jewish daily Forward.

"We will not recognise Israel as a state," he reiterated during an interview conducted over two days in Cairo, where he has lived since leaving Damascus along with most of the Hamas leadership in exile.

Abu Marzuk stressed that while under the reconciliation agreement with Fatah leader and Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas, Hamas did not object to the rival Palestinian faction negotiating with Israel, his movement's position remained that any deal must be put to a referendum of all Palestinians, including refugees.

edited- please only snip approx one third of an article, due to copyright issues, thank you.

Be'ezrat HaShem:eusa_pray: In the next round in southern Israel, Hamas will not longer be an issue!:D

Hamas Charter: "All treaties and agreements with the Zionist entity are illegimate and temporary stages in implementing the final destruction of the entire Zionist entity".

Conclusion: You cannot negotiate or trust anything Hamas says or does until it removes these statements from it's Charter. Which, as we all know, will never happen. So, the next best thing is to eliminate "The Islamist Barbaric Entity" aka Hamas.

One would hope that any peace deal with Israel would be accepted by Hamas as PEACE but as Marzuk admits they would consider it only to be a TRUCE. What he is saying is that peace with Hamas is not possible. I believe you want peace for those people, Pbel, but what you and so many of us want is not what Hamas wants and pretending that Marzak's words are anything but what they are is silly.

One would hope that any peace deal with Israel would be accepted by Hamas as PEACE but as Marzuk admits they would consider it only to be a TRUCE. What he is saying is that peace with Hamas is not possible. I believe you want peace for those people, Pbel, but what you and so many of us want is not what Hamas wants and pretending that Marzak's words are anything but what they are is silly.

I may be a lonely voice in the widerness, but I strongly believe that human fanaticism can be defeated by trade and respect.

For example, I've seen many pro-Zionists posts celebrating that tthe Palestinian Israelis would rather live in Israel (because of prosperity) than a new Palestine...Sure proof that prosperity not only brings peace but friendship...

Ten years of prosperity for the Palestinians will put Hamas in the dust bin of History. Just look at former enemies of the US Japan, Germany and China, all prosperous partners.

The Arab Spring is an Economic Revolt as much as a political one.

I may be a lonely voice in the widerness, but I strongly believe that human fanaticism can be defeated by trade and respect.

For example, I've seen many pro-Zionists posts celebrating that tthe Palestinian Israelis would rather live in Israel (because of prosperity) than a new Palestine...Sure proof that prosperity not only brings peace but friendship...

Ten years of prosperity for the Palestinians will put Hamas in the dust bin of History. Just look at former enemies of the US Japan, Germany and China, all prosperous partners.

I agree with Hamas, as well as the influence of Islamist radicals and external forces such Iran have to go. However the Arab Spring has proven to be the Islamist Spring, thanks to our inept, inexperienced, and incompetent President and his administration.

That all sounds well and good but history has taught that once a violent Arab/Muslim gang realizes that peaceful coexistence is a better route, a new Arab/Muslim gang (or a splinter of the now "co-opted" gang) is formed to take their place.
I just wonder how you managed to translate Marzuk's "We will not recognise Israel as a state," into "Israeli acceptance as a ZIONIST STATE IS POSSIBLE...It's Israel's move!"

That all sounds well and good but history has taught that once a violent Arab/Muslim gang realizes that peaceful coexistence is a better route, a new Arab/Muslim gang (or a splinter of the now "co-opted" gang) is formed to take their place.
I just wonder how you managed to translate Marzuk's "We will not recognise Israel as a state," into "Israeli acceptance as a ZIONIST STATE IS POSSIBLE...It's Israel's move!"

There are always going to be splinter groups in almost all societies...Israel is very strong militarily and is in no danger of Hamas ever having the ability to destroy the Jewish State. Its all bluster from a hapless adversary.

I paraphrase: Marzuk put it simply...who knows that in ten years this truce could lead to recognition.

The Arab League in 2002 offered a reasonable Peace Plan...Economic trade with your adversaries tend to turn you into friends over time...

An Economic/Political solution is the Only road to long-term peace.

Last edited:
There are always going to be splinter groups in almost all societies...Israel is very strong militarily and is in no danger of Hamas ever having the ability to destroy the Jewish State. Its all bluster from a hapless adversary. I paraphrase: Marzuk put it simply...who knows that in ten years this truce could lead to recognition. The Arab League in 2002 offered a reasonable Peace Plan...Economic trade with your adversaries tend to turn you into friends over time... An Economic/Political solution is the Only road to long-term peace.
One of the coolest pieces of arab agitprop dressed in peace rags, indeed. The 2002 saudi plan demanded Israel got back beyond the 1967 line (that inlcuded Syria and other arab assholes with a grudge) unilaterally, and arabs, maybe just maybe of course, would (allegedly) talk.

There are always going to be splinter groups in almost all societies...Israel is very strong militarily and is in no danger of Hamas ever having the ability to destroy the Jewish State. Its all bluster from a hapless adversary. I paraphrase: Marzuk put it simply...who knows that in ten years this truce could lead to recognition. The Arab League in 2002 offered a reasonable Peace Plan...Economic trade with your adversaries tend to turn you into friends over time... An Economic/Political solution is the Only road to long-term peace.
One of the coolest pieces of arab agitprop dressed in peace rags, indeed. The 2002 saudi plan demanded Israel got back beyond the 1967 line (that inlcuded Syria and other arab assholes with a grudge) unilaterally, and arabs, maybe just maybe of course, would (allegedly) talk.

You're obviously a Jack-Ass dressed in Donkey clothes braying and thinks that Israel will always be able to defeat 400 million Arabs and 1.4 billion Muslims forever with a tiny population of 6 million Israelis...

The 2002 Arab peace plan asked Israel to go back to the pre-67 borders...Today, that is what is on the table with minor land swaps to address the facts on the ground.

Hee-Haw!!

Last edited:

You're obviously a Jack-Ass dressed in Donkey clothes braying and thinks that Israel will always be able to defeat 400 million Arabs and 1.4 billion Muslims forever with a tiny population of 6 million Israelis...

The 2002 Arab peace plan asked Israel to go back to the pre-67 borders...Today, that is what is on the table with minor land swaps to address the facts on the ground.

Hee-Haw!!

He said nothing about 6 million Israelis (actually 7 mil) defeating hundreds of millions of Arabs or 1.4 bil Islamic fanatics forever. He simply said the 2002 Arab "peace plan" wasn't about peace but rather about Israeli surrender. The idea of 1967 "borders" with some land swaps has long been the big picture but the devil has been in the details. The Arab "peace plan" just wasn't the right deal.

Hee-Haw!!

He said nothing about 6 million Israelis (actually 7 mil) defeating hundreds of millions of Arabs or 1.4 bil Islamic fanatics forever. He simply said the 2002 Arab "peace plan" wasn't about peace but rather about Israeli surrender. The idea of 1967 "borders" with some land swaps has long been the big picture but the devil has been in the details. The Arab "peace plan" just wasn't the right deal.

I never said the Arab Peace Plan was the right deal, but the idea of Normal relations and trade with its member states is key in any peace deal...

By the way Snif, why defend another poster who erred on going back further than the pre-67 borders? I'm sure that donkey can bray for himself.

Hee-Haw!!

I never said the Arab Peace Plan was the right deal, but the idea of Normal relations and trade with its member states is key in any peace deal...

By the way Snif, why defend another poster who erred on going back further than the pre-67 borders? I'm sure that donkey can bray for himself.

Normal or even less contentious relations are indeed an important component of any peace deal and as you've noted, good trade partners make good neighbors. The Arab "peace plan" offered neither in the OP's opinion and his opinion is every bit as genuine as yours ... perhaps more so. You seem pissed at him because he had the temerity to disagree with your assessment and pissed at me because I noticed. Nobody here called you a jackass ... yet.

Normal or even less contentious relations are indeed an important component of any peace deal and as you've noted, good trade partners make good neighbors. The Arab "peace plan" offered neither in the OP's opinion and his opinion is every bit as genuine as yours ... perhaps more so. You seem pissed at him because he had the temerity to disagree with your assessment and pissed at me because I noticed. Nobody here called you a jackass ... yet.
I remember someone on the MED board had a signatore saying "Fences make good neighbors."

I'm not pissed at anyone, but your speaking for another poster reminds me of your flocking insticts to defend someones position on this board. I don't have a problem with your agreeing with him or his assesment. But when someone calls me a peacemacker in disguise of an Arab, then I realize this person cares not for American interests, which are peace for the region, but for a foreign power, namely Israel.

I remember someone on the MED board had a signatore saying "Fences make good neighbors."

The idiom is "good fences make good neighbors" and it is centuries old.

The idiom is "good fences make good neighbors" and it is centuries old.

Robert Frost poem....

Forum List

Back