Time for honest posters to admit mistakes

As for Nodog's contention about hyper-inflation, I will admit I was one of those who expected it and said so on another site maybe even here. Economic conditions have worsened since the Stimulus package was passed not gotten better, but we're not facing hyper-inflation for the time being. We're facing a recession and the Stimulus package did nothing at all to avert it. I surely don't see unemployment numbers falling.

Some people see only what they choose to see - especially when an honest look at ALL the facts contradicts one's strongly held beliefs, prejudices, and pre-conceived notions.

One must only google "economic recovery" and select "news" to see the all the stories from around the nation that all basically say the same thing. The economic recovery is chugging along - not speeding along - but chugging along. And most contain the opinion that while things are improving, it is going to be a long haul.

Trying to pretend that things are worse now than they were a year ago is absurd. And a great many posters have confirmed here that they are not honest posters. Either they delude themselves with selective vision or they just try to deny the facts to grind a political ax.

I'll admit that I have a very low tolerance level for both types of dishonesty. You can't discuss issues with people who choose dishonesty.

Think what you want and bow to your master Obama as often as you want. The Democrats, although not the cause of the recession, talked us into it. As the 2008 campaign began, they began telling us the sky was falling and guess what... it fell. They scared us into it although we were due for one, they literally made it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

By February of 2009 after Obama took over, he immediately began lying to us telling us that things were not all that bad and they have been saying that all along and the media has been parroting those words. He began trying to correct the downfall that the Democrats scared this nation into during the campaign and he could not accomplish that task. Thought he could, but it was too late.

I see absolutely no proof at all, that we are "chugging along" and the unemployment figures are only indicating that things are not getting any better, they have been getting worse. The housing market is giving indications that it might begin to kick once again, but it is not improving yet. Construction is in the tubes and not improving.

You might convince me that we have hit bottom, but I've yet to see the resurrection that you are indicating that has begun.

This economy will recover in its own time despite what either party does.

And let me ask you, nodog, do you think we are actually better now than we were when the Stimulus package passed? After the passage things continued to go down hill, I do not believe anyone can say that we have corrected to that point yet even if they have improved somewhat from the bottom.

Immie

Last edited:
Not a shred of evidence to prove the stimulus was worthless but a butt load of insults for the PROOF it has created and saved jobs right out of the mouths of the Cos and Counties that benifited.

Seriously... and I mean HONESTLY... I think you should be seen by a psychiatrist. YOU are a pathological liar. The worst I have ever seen.

You are without close rival, the worst here.

I hate to say this, but I disagree with you. She would have to disbelieve so much of what she writes to be a pathological liar. I must confess, that I think she believes everything she types and she does it with the most sincere intentions.

I don't think there is even a tiny bit of insincerity in her heart. She may be wrong in a lot of what she says, but she believes it all to be true.

And no TM, that is not intended to be a slam against you, in fact, it is intended as a compliment.

Immie

THAT, is why I say she is a "pathological" liar, and needs help. Much different than "habitual," where one wouldn't have to believe the lie they're telling. Obviously with the word "truth" in her board nic, she has serious problems with it.

Yes, I stand by my comment. She's a "pathological" liar, and seriously, should see a shrink.

Seriously... and I mean HONESTLY... I think you should be seen by a psychiatrist. YOU are a pathological liar. The worst I have ever seen.

You are without close rival, the worst here.

I hate to say this, but I disagree with you. She would have to disbelieve so much of what she writes to be a pathological liar. I must confess, that I think she believes everything she types and she does it with the most sincere intentions.

I don't think there is even a tiny bit of insincerity in her heart. She may be wrong in a lot of what she says, but she believes it all to be true.

And no TM, that is not intended to be a slam against you, in fact, it is intended as a compliment.

Immie

THAT, is why I say she is a "pathological" liar, and needs help. Much different than "habitual," where one wouldn't have to believe the lie they're telling. Obviously with the word "truth" in her board nic, she has serious problems with it.

Yes, I stand by my comment. She's a "pathological" liar, and seriously, should see a shrink.

But if one truly believes she is telling the truth, then she is not lying. Right?

She's wrong but she is telling the truth as she sees it.

A pathological liar is one who knows what she is saying is wrong but continually says it all the time. In fact, makes lies upon lies upon lies but knows they are lies.

Interesting piece I just looked up:

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/confront_a_liar/public/pathological-compulsive.html

A pathological liar is usually defined as someone who lies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder. A pathological liar is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Pathological liars have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. A pathological liar often comes across as being manipulative, cunning and self-centered.

If I didn't believe that she actually believed everything she said, I'd have to confess that this would fit her to a "T".

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

But if one truly believes she is telling the truth, then she is not lying. Right?
No, a lie is a lie is a lie Immie. Whether or not the person purveying the lie believes what they're saying or not, if it's a lie, it's a lie.

Makes no difference as to whether or not she believes what she is saying. It only makes a difference as to whether or not she is a pathological liar, or a simple habitual liar. Either way, she's a liar.

A pathological liar is one who knows what she is saying is wrong but continually says it all the time. In fact, makes lies upon lies upon lies but knows they are lies.
No, that would be a habitual liar, not pathological.

path·o·log·i·cal
   /ˌpæθəˈlɒdʒɪkəl/ Show Spelled[path-uh-loj-i-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective
1. of or pertaining to pathology.
2. caused by or involving disease; morbid.
3. caused by or evidencing a mentally disturbed condition: a pathological liar.
4. dealing with diseases: a pathological casebook.

Pathological | Define Pathological at Dictionary.com

Last edited:

Immie

No, a lie is a lie is a lie Immie. Whether or not the person purveying the lie believes what they're saying or not, if it's a lie, it's a lie.

Makes no difference as to whether or not she believes what she is saying. It only makes a difference as to whether or not she is a pathological liar, or a simple habitual liar. Either way, she's a liar.

path·o·log·i·cal
   /ˌpæθəˈlɒdʒɪkəl/ Show Spelled[path-uh-loj-i-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective

I would agree with you except that you also have to define liar and also lie in this case:

Liar - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: li·ar
Pronunciation: \ˈlī(-ə)r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lēogere, from lēogan to lie — more at lie
Date: before 12th century

: a person who tells lies

lie - Definition of lie at YourDictionary.com

lie2 definition

lie (lī)

intransitive verb lied, lying ly′·ing

1. to make a statement that one knows is false, esp. with intent to deceive
2. to make such statements habitually
2. to give a false impression; deceive one statistics can lie

Etymology: ME lien < OE leogan, akin to Ger lügen (Goth liugan) < IE base *leugh-, to tell lies > Lith l&#363;goti, to ask

transitive verb
to bring, put, accomplish, etc. by lying to lie oneself into office

noun

1. a false statement or action, esp. one made with intent to deceive
2. anything that gives or is meant to give a false impression
3. the charge of lying

I define it as an intentional false statement; however, that is not what it says here. It says a false statement then qualifies it as intentional.

So, although, I don't agree with you, I can clearly see where you are coming from.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
A pathological liar is usually defined as someone who lies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder. A pathological liar is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Pathological liars have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. A pathological liar often comes across as being manipulative, cunning and self-centered.

If I didn't believe that she actually believed everything she said, I'd have to confess that this would fit her to a "T".

Immie

That's her. That's exactly her. As you can see yourself, there is no mention what so ever as to whether or not she believes what she is saying is relevant. Factor that out, and she is a pathological liar.

path·o·log·i·cal
&#8194; &#8194;/&#716;pæ&#952;&#601;&#712;l&#594;d&#658;&#618;k&#601;l/ Show Spelled[path-uh-loj-i-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective

I would agree with you except that you also have to define liar and also lie in this case:

Main Entry: li·ar
Pronunciation: \&#712;l&#299;(-&#601;)r\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English l&#275;ogere, from l&#275;ogan to lie — more at lie
Date: before 12th century

: a person who tells lies

lie2 definition

lie (l&#299;)

intransitive verb lied, lying ly&#8242;·ing

Etymology: ME lien < OE leogan, akin to Ger lügen (Goth liugan) < IE base *leugh-, to tell lies > Lith l&#363;goti, to ask

transitive verb

noun

3. the charge of lying

I define it as an intentional false statement; however, that is not what it says here. It says a false statement then qualifies it as intentional.

So, although, I don't agree with you, I can clearly see where you are coming from.

Immie

Nah... I don't buy any of that Immie. To me, a lie is a lie, period.

We can agree to disagree.

path·o·log·i·cal
&#8194; &#8194;/&#716;pæ&#952;&#601;&#712;l&#594;d&#658;&#618;k&#601;l/ Show Spelled[path-uh-loj-i-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective

lie2 definition

lie (l&#299;)

intransitive verb lied, lying ly&#8242;·ing

transitive verb

noun

3. the charge of lying

Immie

Nah... I don't buy any of that Immie. To me, a lie is a lie, period.

We can agree to disagree.

Yes, we can.

I've known a few habitual liars in my life and they always knew they were lying. Some simply couldn't help themselves. Usually it stemmed from strict parents or parents that favored another child over the liar and "forced" the liar to defend him/herself by lying.

I've never known someone that was simply wrong so often that I believed they were a pathological liar simply because they were wrong. I mean you have to be wrong an awful lot for that designation, wouldn't you think?

Immie

I've known a few habitual liars in my life and they always knew they were lying. Some simply couldn't help themselves. Usually it stemmed from strict parents or parents that favored another child over the liar and "forced" the liar to defend him/herself by lying.

I've never known someone that was simply wrong so often that I believed they were a pathological liar simply because they were wrong. I mean you have to be wrong an awful lot for that designation, wouldn't you think?

Immie

I know a whole family of liars, and they know they're lying. They've told some whoopers over the years, and countless little lies. I often wonder if they're half crazy, but I do know that they knew they're lying. I couldn't speak to their motivations. I don't understand why a person would knowing lie on such a scale. And it's true tm probably thinks what she's saying is the truth, so to her, she may not think she's lying, or so it seems. I'm not totally convinced of that either. To me, everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie, and I think she should get help from someone that can point that out to her. She obviously needs it.

Last edited:

Immie

I know a whole family of liars, and they know they're lying. They've told some whoopers over the years, and countless little lies. I often wonder if they're half crazy, but I do know that they knew they're lying. I couldn't speak to their motivations. I don't understand why a person would knowing lie on such a scale. And it's true tm probably thinks what she's saying is the truth, so to her, she may not think she's lying, or so it seems. I'm not totally convinced of that either. To me, everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie, and I think she should get help from someone that can point that out to her. She obviously needs it.

Go get ONE lie I have told

Tell me what crisis has lasted since 1950 that the percentage has risen steadily?

The implementation of the welfare state. That's the reason for the steady increase.

Huge military industrial spending
wharrgarbl.jpg

Forum List

Back