Time for change, time for third party voting...

I disagree. If you've seen local politicians, some are little Hitlers, but many are good people who want to do good.

That naivety has long been our undoing.

There are politicians with good intentions. They also have dishonest ambitions and personal motivation. That is why I said a good intentioned and honest politician is 1 in 10000.

Problem is some of them get scared away from politics by those who are aggressive, others don't get heard because they're not aggressive.

The point of that post was that politics are useless.

They only harm the common man. They do no overall good, but cause long and lasting harm.

I disagree. If you've seen local politicians, some are little Hitlers, but many are good people who want to do good.

There are politicians with good intentions. They also have dishonest ambitions and personal motivation. That is why I said a good intentioned and honest politician is 1 in 10000.

Problem is some of them get scared away from politics by those who are aggressive, others don't get heard because they're not aggressive.

They only harm the common man. They do no overall good, but cause long and lasting harm.

I guess it's whether you trust anyone or not.

No, politicians don't always harm people. In some countries politicians have done a good job of making things run.

Some places where politicians are on the take, then it's bad, in China politicians have been on the take but also managed to improve the lives of most Chinese people massively since Mao died in 1975.

Sometimes you get a Mao, sometimes you get a Deng XiaoPing and sometimes you get someone different to both.

No, politicians don't always harm people. In some countries politicians have done a good job of making things run.

Some places where politicians are on the take, then it's bad, in China politicians have been on the take but also managed to improve the lives of most Chinese people massively since Mao died in 1975.

Sometimes you get a Mao, sometimes you get a Deng XiaoPing and sometimes you get someone different to both.

We could argue about the supply of good intentioned and honest politicians all day.

One proverb still reigns true. Never trust government.

The logical conclusion of that is self-reliance and self-governance.

Let me rephrase something too. The only functions of politics are appropriation and control people. Communist China improved because the problems politics caused in the first place were reversed. The cultural revolution was a consequence of politics.

If people would stop seeing politics as a team sport then yes. Unfortunately, most people want to 'win' rather than elect a leader that will actually change anything.
You're forgetting the third possibility, which is losing.
I am well aware of that possibility. Every time another republican is elected I (and the nation as I see it) looses. People continue to vote in those republicans that claim to support freedom while being diametrically opposed to it and those politicians keep running because they keep winning.

Your belief that Democrats support freedom couldn't be more absurd. Where is the "freedom" in the 2000 page Obamacare bill? Where is the freedom in driving the coal industry out of business?
Where did I state that the democrats support freedom?

The logical conclusion of that stance is to only support an anarchy.

Time for 3rd part? I'd prefer to go in the opposite direction. I'd reduce any advantage that political parties have in the system and have a non-partisan open primary in September or October where if any candidate gets over 50% of the vote he/she wins, otherwise the top 2 finishers have a run-off election in November.

In other words, forcing an end to free assembly and affiliation in the political system.

How do you figure that? Political parties aren't outlawed. On a city level we hold non-partisan elections all the time. Voters need to know who they're voting for rather then relying on a (R) or (D) or other party designation after a name on the ballot to get a clue on what they're doing. I see that as a good thing.

12495241_10207386094963977_5273640396940804765_n.jpg

How many people will think like this? I think if they all got the cojones to vote third party, there might actually be some real positive change in the US for once.

What do you think a 3rd party could accomplish without other party members in Congress? That person would still have to work through democrats and republicans, would they not?

Voting 3rd party amounts to a protest vote, not much more .. and I'm a Green.

We could argue about the supply of good intentioned and honest politicians all day.

One proverb still reigns true. Never trust government.

The logical conclusion of that is self-reliance and self-governance.

Let me rephrase something too. The only functions of politics are appropriation and control people. Communist China improved because the problems politics caused in the first place were reversed. The cultural revolution was a consequence of politics.

Who should you trust? Would you trust businessmen and women? Probably not.

Self reliance isn't a bad thing. However in the modern world it's not always possible. There needs to be government whether you like it or not.

Back to the issue of third parties, the more you have people taking those in power into account, the better, and small parties are more likely to do that. In the US there aren't any in any position in any state or federal govt body as far as I know.

How many people will think like this? I think if they all got the cojones to vote third party, there might actually be some real positive change in the US for once.

What do you think a 3rd party could accomplish without other party members in Congress? That person would still have to work through democrats and republicans, would they not?

The whole point is to change the way people vote in order to have third parties in Congress to actually be able to do something. In many countries third parties actually do stuff because they ware in parliament.

The whole point is to change the way people vote in order to have third parties in Congress to actually be able to do something. In many countries third parties actually do stuff because they ware in parliament.

I don't disagree with the intent .. but the reality is that we don't live in a country that has many relevant parties.

The intent is why I vote Green .. when I have the luxury to do so. This moment in time does not allow me such luxury.

The reality is that voting 3rd party amounts to a protest vote .. which may be good for the conscience, but does nothing to solve problems today.

What the hell 3rd party? There are dozens of them by the time the election rolls around. Should we vote for the former CEO of "Cannabis Sativa" just because we hate Hillary and don't understand Trump? The dirty little secret is that Trump is the ultimate 3rd party candidate and you pot head idiots don't understand it. Go ahead suckers, waste your vote.

I don't disagree with the intent .. but the reality is that we don't live in a country that has many relevant parties.

The intent is why I vote Green .. when I have the luxury to do so. This moment in time does not allow me such luxury.

The reality is that voting 3rd party amounts to a protest vote .. which may be good for the conscience, but does nothing to solve problems today.

The US doesn't have many relevant parties because the system doesn't allow for it. Look at the Tea Party. In any other country they'd have been a separate party, like UKIP in the UK, the FPD in Germany or various others.

But because people see they only "have two choices" they vote for those two choices.

Make Congress Proportional Representation and all of a sudden people see that voting for another party actually means something.

What the hell 3rd party? There are dozens of them by the time the election rolls around. Should we vote for the former CEO of "Cannabis Sativa" just because we hate Hillary and don't understand Trump? The dirty little secret is that Trump is the ultimate 3rd party candidate and you pot head idiots don't understand it. Go ahead suckers, waste your vote.

Trump isn't 3rd party at all. He's trying to claim he is, but he's within one of the main parties and has a lot of support from them.

Self reliance isn't a bad thing. However in the modern world it's not always possible. There needs to be government whether you like it or not.

Government can be beneficial. It is not a necessity.

Most people cannot seem to differentiate the difference between governments and states, which is something I have been discovering quite frequently.

I believe having the option to rely on others can be positive. I just believe people should reach a level of sufficiency where they can survive without having to rely on others.

If that is incompatible with modern society, then modern society is not worth preserving.

Back to the issue of third parties, the more you have people taking those in power into account, the better, and small parties are more likely to do that. In the US there aren't any in any position in any state or federal govt body as far as I know.

Yes, I have sort of came around to your position.

More parties makes it harder to consolidate power behind a unified regime and agenda.

All the same though, it is not a solution. Just a remedy.

Last edited:

This may be true for you but it is not true for everyone. Some people's understandings of the problems leads them to conclude that the candidates that represent the duopoly are part of the problems we face today.

The US doesn't have many relevant parties because the system doesn't allow for it. Look at the Tea Party. In any other country they'd have been a separate party, like UKIP in the UK, the FPD in Germany or various others.

But because people see they only "have two choices" they vote for those two choices.

Make Congress Proportional Representation and all of a sudden people see that voting for another party actually means something.

I'm not arguing the principle of what you're saying brother .. but you hit the nail on the head .. "the system doesn't allow for it." No, it doesn't.

The Puppetmasters like the system just the way it is .. AND, Americans are a colonized people. You can tell us ANYTHING.

Those of us who've taken the red pill must find a way to work within a system that will not change to affect the issues important to us.

This may be true for you but it is not true for everyone. Some people's understandings of the problems leads them to conclude that the candidates that represent the duopoly are part of the problems we face today.

And what issues will change? Seriously. What problems could such a person solve?

What could a 3rd party candidate do to affect change when that person must work through the same democrats and republicans that you abhor?

I'm not the principle of what you're saying brother .. but you hit the nail on the head .. "the system doesn't allow for it." No, it doesn't.

The Puppetmasters like the system just the way it is .. AND, Americans are a colonized people. You can tell us ANYTHING.

Those of us who've taken the red pill must find a way to work within a system that will not change to affect the issues important to us.

Spot on!

The solutions the system provides needs to be taken into account as well.

In almost every case, the alternative to being politically abused, is politically abusing someone else.

The system is not needed. Just a common defense against abusive and violent actors, and everybody else minding their own goddamn business.

Government can be beneficial. It is not a necessity.

Most people cannot seem to differentiate the difference between governments and states, which is something I have been discovering quite frequently.

I believe having the option to rely on others can be positive. I just believe people should reach a level of sufficiency where they can survive without having to rely on others.

If that is incompatible with modern society, then modern society is not worth preserving.

Yes, I have sort of came around to your position.

More parties makes it harder to consolidate power behind a unified regime and agenda.

All the same though, it is not a solution. Just a remedy.

No, government isn't a necessity, however it will always be there. No matter what you have, some group or other will take control of a situation and impose themselves on it. This could be a giant conglomerate acting in their own interests, a govt acting for those people, or a government that is acting for the people. The latter is generally seen as the best, but in the US people seem to have the desire for the former two.

My view on welfare has been that people should have to work in order to get it. Say five years work and you'd be eligible for the lowest level of welfare. If you can't get work and you need welfare before you've completed five years of paying taxes, then you'd be eligible for education based payments based on achieving a certain amount of success within that education. Be it academic education or work place education.

Then after 10 years you'd be eligible for a higher level, and 20 years an even higher level.

The other point is that if you're working, you really shouldn't be getting welfare payments.

Children might be an exception, though going through schools to offer kids meals and things like that seems to work better in the UK than food stamps in the US.

Having third parties might not be a solution, but government would work better and the solutions to many of the problems the US is suffering might actually get resolved, rather than the partisan crap that is currently happening where neither side does anything unless they think they're going to look good doing it.

Forum List

Back