Time for BLACK guilt

What you're saying is a white man should show respect to thugs or get his ass kicked, right?

Listen up! You don't get respect from demanding it.

No, you listen as opposed to rewording what I stated and telling me "what I said."

I don't care if one is white, black or in between. This is not about race

I have been to almost every state and most metropolitan areas in this country including Baltimore and to quite a few places outside of the country.

Usually if one is congenial and polite they will get the same in return. If they walk into a situation with an attitude, they usually will get a attitude in return.

Now, are you implying that the majority of the population of Baltimore are thugs?

Or maybe you meant to say" black is synonymous with "thug"?

You friend did not differentiate, he just stated that "blacks in Baltimore are hostile towards white people" which is a stupid generalization and typical for him.

I know plenty of people of various races there that get along just fine.

Now do you get it?
I get it just fine.
Many, not all, blacks in Baltimore ARE hostile towards whites; more so due to recent events.
Generalization? yeah. It sure is, but I make a lot of decisions based on probabilities and odds.
I know that I'm about 6 times more likely to be assaulted by a black man as a white. I am on guard and aware of my surroundings when I'm in minority neighborhoods.

What you're saying is a white man should show respect to thugs or get his ass kicked, right?

No, you listen as opposed to rewording what I stated and telling me "what I said."

I have been to almost every state and most metropolitan areas in this country including Baltimore and to quite a few places outside of the country.

Usually if one is congenial and polite they will get the same in return. If they walk into a situation with an attitude, they usually will get a attitude in return.

Now, are you implying that the majority of the population of Baltimore are thugs?

You friend did not differentiate, he just stated that "blacks in Baltimore are hostile towards white people" which is a stupid generalization and typical for him.

Now do you get it?
I get it just fine.
Many, not all, blacks in Baltimore ARE hostile towards whites; more so due to recent events.
Generalization? yeah. It sure is, but I make a lot of decisions based on probabilities and odds.
I know that I'm about 6 times more likely to be assaulted by a black man as a white. I am on guard and aware of my surroundings when I'm in minority neighborhoods.

Now do you get it?
I get it just fine.

In today's environment, it is prudent to be vigilant no matter where one happens to be. So you have common sense which is good for you.

But 6 times more likely to be assaulted by a black male than a white male?

You must reside in a predominately black community or spend the majority of your time around black people, as the larger percentage of most violent crime is intra racial or committed by those who are closest in proximity on a regular basis.

In today's environment, it is prudent to be vigilant no matter where one happens to be. So you have common sense which is good for you.

You must reside in a predominately black community or spend the majority of your time around black people, as the larger percentage of most violent crime is intra racial or committed by those who are closest in proximity on a regular basis.

I live in Orange County and work in the Los Angeles Metro area, so I take a train each day. Because government workers ride free (my monthly pass is over $300) at least 50% of the people on the train are black.

I feel entirely safe with these people, in fact I know most of them and they are good people.

The only time I feel nervous about safety is when the Sheriffs come through with their dogs and machine guns.

I live in Orange County and work in the Los Angeles Metro area, so I take a train each day. Because government workers ride free (my monthly pass is over $300) at least 50% of the people on the train are black.

I feel entirely safe with these people, in fact I know most of them and they are good people.

The only time I feel nervous about safety is when the Sheriffs come through with their dogs and machine guns.

I used to to take the Metrolink ocassionally from the Riverside Main Street station to an office that I had near Dodger Stadium when I didnt feel like driving. Met some interesting people and never had a problem with anyone.

Now do you get it?
I get it just fine.

I was talking as a citizen of no particular race. Let's rephrase. A black man is about 6 times as likely to commit murder and 3 times as likely to commit aggravated assault as a white man is.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0325.pdf

Now do you get it?
I get it just fine.

I was talking as a citizen of no particular race. Let's rephrase. A black man is about 6 times as likely to commit murder and 3 times as likely to commit aggravated assault as a white man is.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0325.pdf

Then please excuse me. I could have sworn that you stated:

"I know that I am 6 times more likely to be assaulted by a black man than a white man"

I often tend to assume that when an adult makes a statement which includes a statistic that they are certain to some degree of it's accuracy.

And thank you. I have seen the link that you included in your response before.

Have a good day.

Forum List

Back