Time For A Purge

Any Executive branch employee found to be undermining Trump's agenda needs a boot in the ass out the door.

Washington Bureaucrats Are Chipping Away at Trump’s Agenda

Employees of the Executive Branch take an oath of office to support and defend the Constitution. Not to blindly follow the orders of the POTUS.

Executive branch employees work solely at the pleasure of the President. Period.

Here is the Oath of Office for a Fed Employee. Nothing in there about blind obedience to the POTUS

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

Any Executive branch employee found to be undermining Trump's agenda needs a boot in the ass out the door.

Employees of the Executive Branch take an oath of office to support and defend the Constitution. Not to blindly follow the orders of the POTUS.

Executive branch employees work solely at the pleasure of the President. Period.

Here is the Oath of Office for a Fed Employee. Nothing in there about blind obedience to the POTUS

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

What's your point?

What's your point?

That it is not the job of an executive branch employee to blindly follow the orders of the POTUS.

`
`

Stalin purged tens of millions (permanently) of those he considered disloyal. Like father, like son.

Non sequitur. That was a pogrom, not a purge.

To compare Trump to Stalin makes you more an idiot than previously suspected.

What's your point?

That it is not the job of an executive branch employee to blindly follow the orders of the POTUS.

No one said "blindly". If you disagree with the boss, quit. The boss isn't going anywhere, and if you undermine his agenda, you'll get the boot.

This is true of any organization, business or otherwise.

What's your point?

No one said "blindly". If you disagree with the boss, quit. The boss isn't going anywhere, and if you undermine his agenda, you'll get the boot.

That would be going against the oath, you do not support the Constitution by walking away from bogus orders. The duties of the office to not change with whom is sitting in the White House unless the regulations relating to your job are changed.

What's your point?

That would be going against the oath, you do not support the Constitution by walking away from bogus orders. The duties of the office to not change with whom is sitting in the White House unless the regulations relating to your job are changed.

Excuse me, but the oath obligates the employee to obey within the scope of their job those with constitutional authority over their department. It does not grant the employee the authority to determine what is or is not Constitutional.

This thread is proof that regressive liberals do not understand reality in anyway shape or form.

What's your point?

Excuse me, but the oath obligates the employee to obey within the scope of their job those with constitutional authority over their department. It does not grant the employee the authority to determine what is or is not Constitutional.

That is ridiculous. Given this view if a member or the FBI is ordered to shoot an unarmed, detained prisons then he would have to follow the order since it was not his job to determine if it was lawful/constitutional or not.

A meat inspector would have to follow the order to ignore his findings at a certain plant because his boss told him to.

I suppose you think it was wrong for the rank and file German troops being punished for just following orders.

What's your point?

You are assuming the orders being given are unconstitutional. What is probably actually happening is the employees don't agree with the orders, and they are perfectly constitutional, or even better, just rescinding EO's Obama made that teetered on the edge of constitutionality when Obama signed them.

What's your point?

If they believe an order is unconstitutional they have to report it to the DOJ or Congress, or sue in court. They can't try to undermine orders by ignoring them, they have to challenge them directly.

[Non sequitur. That was a pogrom, not a purge. To compare Trump to Stalin makes you more an idiot than previously suspected.
`
`

Gimme a break and spare me your verbal quibbling. Historical fact - Great Purge You will note, historians call it a PURGE.

Definitions are inconvenient things, and historians are often fucked in the head with their own political quibblings.

PURGE - an abrupt or violent removal of a group of people from an organization or place.

POGROM - an organized massacre for the destruction or annihilation of any body or class

What's your point?

That is ridiculous. Given this view if a member or the FBI is ordered to shoot an unarmed, detained prisons then he would have to follow the order since it was not his job to determine if it was lawful/constitutional or not.

Nonsense. He could be fired, or quit, and challenge his fate in court.

You are in what year high school?

Forum List

Back