Time for a new constitution

"I suggest to those lefties and righties who cannot abide the constitutional and electoral process as provided by our legislature and our SCOTUS, leave."

That still leaves the poster surrounded by the rest of the country.

I think rather than changing (or improving) the Constitution people start abiding by it so America might get back to the business of being prosperous, and those who suggest altering the Constitution may feel free to emigrate to whatever other nation's Constitution better suits their ideology.

The Stile of this Confederacy shall be
"The United States of America".

:cuckoo:

"I suggest to those lefties and righties who cannot abide the constitutional and electoral process as provided by our legislature and our SCOTUS, leave."

That still leaves the poster surrounded by the rest of the country.

By three on the left and two on the right, you mean. :lol:

Maybe it's time for America to have a new Constitution. In fact, I think that I might be able to do a better job than what is currently in place. Maybe someone here could do a better job. So I would like to start a contest whereby people can enter in this thread and draft a "new" constitution for the United States. After people enter and submit their versions, I will create a new thread and poll in the much more active "politics" section of this forum and link to your submissions. There is no prize except probably learning a lot and impressing other people or embarrassing yourself a little.

Even if America should not have a completely new Constitution, I think it is healthy to think in these terms of improvement.

The rules:

1. You can enter solo or with other people as a team
2. Submission by a deadline to be set
3. No length requirements
4. Must be written for modern America, not a historic alternative

The players/teams:

1. Something_Else

I'll add the names of people as they ask to be a part of it.

Vomit.gif

Why bother with a NEW constitution when our CURRENT government doesn't give a FUCK about the one we HAVE? What makes you think they'd follow a new constitution any better than they follow the old one?

Take a hike shit for brains.

Last edited:
We have made the Constitution into a Bible, and then we bitch about it. Historically the political party out of power complains that the party in power is abusing both their political power and the Constitution. The party in-power usually goes on their merry way, continuing to abuse both. This has been part and parcel of American politics since Washington took office and for the few real abuses the Supreme Court then might step in and do a little more abusing. American politics, you gotta love it.

Forum List

Back