Time (CNN) Magazine on Beck: "Mad Man"

I couldn't care less that he's uncovered a few nuts.

He's a proprietor of half truths ... a shock jock with a cable "news" show.

And some people take him seriously.

Yes, that scares me.
He has uncovered a lot of nuts that the pom-pom waving MSM have ignored, in favor of being a propaganda arm of the DNC.

Nutty as he is, he still has done investigative work that the media used to do.

Forgotten Woodward and Bernstein so soon, have we?

If he focused on the investigative journalism more, outrageous hyperbole less, and cleaned up his delivery he'd be a much easier pill to swallow.

I will repeat what Glenn Beck says on a daily bases and that is "The TRUTH will set you free"

Yes, that scares me.
He has uncovered a lot of nuts that the pom-pom waving MSM have ignored, in favor of being a propaganda arm of the DNC.

If he focused on the investigative journalism more, outrageous hyperbole less, and cleaned up his delivery he'd be a much easier pill to swallow.
No argument here....I really have a difficult time forging through all the negative waves he sends out.

Still, he's doing what the horse-and-buggy media have refused to do....Well, except when it was Bush and the republicans with all the stroke.

No argument here....I really have a difficult time forging through all the negative waves he sends out.

Still, he's doing what the horse-and-buggy media have refused to do....Well, except when it was Bush and the republicans with all the stroke.

Somebody's gotta do it.

Why is it though, that when it's the right wing media's turn they always amp it up to level 5 Crazy when they do it?

Yes, that scares me.

Can you give some specific lies Beck has told? Unless of course you feel that half a truth isn't half a lie. If that's the case then nevermind.

If I was looking to get into an in depth debate about the merits of Glenn Beck's words, yes, I could.

I see, so you say that Beck is "a proprietor of half truths" but your not willing to back it up.

Wow look!! Did you see that?!?!?!? That was your integrity taking a nose dive along with your credibility!!

Yes, that scares me.

Can you give some specific lies Beck has told? Unless of course you feel that half a truth isn't half a lie. If that's the case then nevermind.

If I was looking to get into an in depth debate about the merits of Glenn Beck's words, yes, I could.

So you got nothing. Thanks for playing.

I see, so you say that Beck is "a proprietor of half truths" but your not willing to back it up.

Wow look!! Did you see that?!?!?!? That was your integrity taking a nose dive along with your credibility!!

You asked me if I could. I said yes.

But I'm not here to meet your demands.

So I lost credibility with you because I chose not to engage you. OH NOES! Whatever will I do?!

I see nothing to fear in asking questions. I see nothing crazy about it either.

How psycho to ask questions! we have to shut this nut down!

Well I can see that I hit at least one dog in the pack.

My problem with Glenn Beck is primarily with his over-the-top fear mongering (yes, fear mongering) way he presents his material.

Every media outlet and pundit will bend and distort the truth to fit their agenda.
He models himself on Joe McCarthy.

I can't believe Time magazine did this puff piece on him.

Somebody's gotta do it.

Why is it though, that when it's the right wing media's turn they always amp it up to level 5 Crazy when they do it?
Huh?

You mean like "level 5 crazy" when Dan Rather presented obviously forged documents as "proof" the the Shrub went AWOL?

Or how 'bout this one for "level 5 crazy":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG72_ATSTN4]YouTube - Olbermann special comment: Bush is a liar and a fascist[/ame]

Seems more than apparent to me that there's more than enough battyness to go around.

The day when he goes over...completly over....he is going to fall back to ..."I'm just an entertainer" crap..right after the bullets fly.

Wait for it. At some point, even Fox wont be able to back this idiot up.

Wait for it.

Somebody's gotta do it.

Huh?

You mean like "level 5 crazy" when Dan Rather presented obviously forged documents as "proof" the the Shrub went AWOL?

Or how 'bout this one for "level 5 crazy":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG72_ATSTN4]YouTube - Olbermann special comment: Bush is a liar and a fascist[/ame]

Seems more than apparent to me that there's more than enough battyness to go around.

Yes, exactly like that only when it comes to the righties it's pretty much a constant barrage of crazy.

Get off my phone...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10]YouTube - Glenn Beck Loses His Mind On A Caller About Healthcare[/ame]

I dont think him being a mormon has anything to do with this :eusa_eh:...you do know he likes what mccarthy did, right? Wow. Seriously, wow.

Last edited:
Their crazy is more subtle....Like in the unanalytical presuppositions of the it-bleeds-it-leads stories they do.

Or the back stories, like Charlie Gibson claiming to have NFI about the ACORN story that's more than a week old.

Their crazy is more subtle....Like in the unanalytical presuppositions of the it-bleeds-it-leads stories they do.

Or the back stories, like Charlie Gibson claiming to have NFI about the ACORN story that's more than a week old.

Funny you say that because I was thinking along the same lines ... the left does a more sublte wash on the brain where the right feels like MORE VOLUME is the way to go.

Forum List

Back