Time (CNN) Magazine on Beck: "Mad Man"

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America? - TIME

Is Glenn Beck Bad for America? (?!?!?!????)

When are any of these horse-n-buggy media drips going to ask whether vicious barking whackjobs, like Keith Olberdouche and Randi Rhoads, are bad for America?

The dude must be seriously horning in on their racket, to get them all riled up like this.

Of course, it's certain that they have his pic on the cover so people will be repelled from buying that rag, instead of the National Enquirer, at the checkout stands.

Oh, did I mention...

GLENN BECK!!

Carry on! :)

Just the mention of the name, Glenn Beck, gets the hackels up on all the liberal and progressive kind of dopes. For some reason, and I can't figure out why, they just don't like to be exposed for what they really are. If they are so "right" I wonder why it makes them jumpy to be talked about in a truthful way?

Just the mention of the name, Glenn Beck, gets the hackels up on all the liberal and progressive kind of dopes. For some reason, and I can't figure out why, they just don't like to be exposed for what they really are. If they are so "right" I wonder why it makes them jumpy to be talked about in a truthful way?

That cover certainly isn't flattering for him. Keith Olbermann showed a clip the other night of a Glenn Beck meltdown where he was comparing himself to Edward R Murrow.

Glenn Beck's facade starts cracking: How dare they compare me to McCarthy? I compare me to Murrow!

OK, looks like the pressure is finally getting to Glenn Beck. You can't watch this rant, from his show yesterday, without concluding that the big implosion is on its way.

Beck: Does sacred honor even exist in Washington anymore? Because I ratted out a self-avowed Communist in the administration in Van Jones, the same organizations, the same politicians, the same progressive media that are ignoring or standing for ACORN now, have called me Joseph McCarthy. They have such little regard for your intelligence that they don't think you're going to figure out that Joseph McCarthy was a powerful senator! Surrounded by the trappings of power of the United States government. With the power of subpoena and the power of Congress! The guy who stood against that was alone. While everybody else wet their pants and cowered in fear!

You'd think the members of the media might remember his name. It was Edward R. Murrow. And while I am nowhere near an Edward R. Murrow, never claimed to be, let me use the words of, finally, somebody that stood up to the power, and these senators, and said, Senator, have you no shame? Have you no shame?

Indeed, his critics have been making the all-too-accurate comparison to McCarthy, most notably Media Matters, who put together a handy side-by-side comparison that's devastating. Looks like Beck watched it and it made him cry.

Or maybe he saw the tallies from the latest set of advertisers to flee his sinking rat's nest of a show: over 50 percent of his ad dollars have now gone elsewhere. Bet that makes him cry too.

But really, Beck did make at least one accurate statement here: He's no Edward R. Murrow.

Hell, he's not even a Krusty the Klown.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/glenn-becks-facade-starts-cracking

Why are the Republican talk show hosts always so extreme and crazy?

Last edited:
Beck is only bad if people take him serious, he is simply too maudlin, conspiratorial, and off the wall for most people's tastes, but then even a causal view of TV should send shudders down any thoughtful person's spine. Is our nation as dumb as most TV is? Every day I see another story on Jon and Kate, if that ain't bizarre nothing is.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Beck singlehandedly sunk Van Jones by showing people what Van Jones had said in the past...in Van Jones' own words.Then Beck gave 2 citizens exposure for their expose on ACORN, now ACORN is having their funding stopped.

Beck is very effective which is why you see the hate and fear by many in regards to Beck. They just dont understand how a nitwit like Beck can have an actual impact the political landscape.

I think this is why the left fears and loathes him

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzRhIiLQ08]YouTube - Glenn Beck Meltdown Song - Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InE0dVfvNCo]YouTube - Glenn Beck-09-16-09-C[/ame]

Beck made a super dupper funny comment between 6:40 and 7:00 on that video.

This is one of his "Sane" moments where he actually isn't being wildly sarcastic and out of bounds.

That cover certainly isn't flattering for him. Keith Olbermann showed a clip the other night of a Glenn Beck meltdown where he was comparing himself to Edward R Murrow.

Right...We can't have anybody horning on the unhunged one's racket, can we??

I guess you've never listened to Randi Rhoads, Sam Sedar or Al Frankenstein, huh?

Dude,

I love some Beck right now but 4 days; 4 hours; and 45 minutes until the new season of "HOUSE" :lol:

When are any of these horse-n-buggy media drips going to ask whether vicious barking whackjobs, like Keith Olberdouche and Randi Rhoads, are bad for America?

The dude must be seriously horning in on their racket, to get them all riled up like this.

Of course, it's certain that they have his pic on the cover so people will be repelled from buying that rag, instead of the National Enquirer, at the checkout stands.

Oh, did I mention...

GLENN BECK!!

Beck singlehandedly sunk Van Jones by showing people what Van Jones had said in the past...in Van Jones' own words.

Then Beck gave 2 citizens exposure for their expose on ACORN, now ACORN is having their funding stopped.

Beck is very effective it seems, i guess he isn't just crazy.

This is why you see the hate and fear by many in regards to Beck. They just dont understand how a nitwit like Beck not only has people who truly listen to and follow him, but that actually impact the political landscape.

It scares and angers them.

I couldn't care less that he's uncovered a few nuts.

He's a proprietor of half truths ... a shock jock with a cable "news" show.

And some people take him seriously.

Yes, that scares me.

Beck calls it how he see's it and millions of others see it the same as he does or he wouldn't have such high ratings nor PULL! Those that want to demean him don't get it, and never will get it. They are behind the curve on what is going on, what has been going on, and where we need to go.

You may not like how he delivers that message, but the message and truth are there. I ask is it his delivery or the message you don't like? If you mock him then I would guess it is the delivery but you agree on his message? Or do you not listen to the message because his delivery? Either or it just proves that you are lying to yourself and are very biased. If you really do care about our Country, and want what is best for ALL and not a select group then you would have to listen more than a few minutes a week.

If he isn't your cup of tea then so be it but I'll be damned if I let you think I'm less of a person because I happen to agree and known what he is saying a long time ago.

So besmirch away all you are showing me is your are closed minded, partisan hack.

You think one party is better then the other while I'm with Glenn and think both parties have many faults and problems and none of which are for the GOOD of American's.

Oh and his tears are sexy! LMAO

Well I can see that I hit at least one dog in the pack.

My problem with Glenn Beck is primarily with his over-the-top fear mongering (yes, fear mongering) way he presents his material.

Every media outlet and pundit will bend and distort the truth to fit their agenda.

Glenn Beck's facade starts cracking: How dare they compare me to McCarthy? I compare me to Murrow!

OK, looks like the pressure is finally getting to Glenn Beck. You can't watch this rant, from his show yesterday, without concluding that the big implosion is on its way.

Beck: Does sacred honor even exist in Washington anymore? Because I ratted out a self-avowed Communist in the administration in Van Jones, the same organizations, the same politicians, the same progressive media that are ignoring or standing for ACORN now, have called me Joseph McCarthy. They have such little regard for your intelligence that they don't think you're going to figure out that Joseph McCarthy was a powerful senator! Surrounded by the trappings of power of the United States government. With the power of subpoena and the power of Congress! The guy who stood against that was alone. While everybody else wet their pants and cowered in fear!

You'd think the members of the media might remember his name. It was Edward R. Murrow. And while I am nowhere near an Edward R. Murrow, never claimed to be, let me use the words of, finally, somebody that stood up to the power, and these senators, and said, Senator, have you no shame? Have you no shame?

Indeed, his critics have been making the all-too-accurate comparison to McCarthy, most notably Media Matters, who put together a handy side-by-side comparison that's devastating. Looks like Beck watched it and it made him cry.

Or maybe he saw the tallies from the latest set of advertisers to flee his sinking rat's nest of a show: over 50 percent of his ad dollars have now gone elsewhere. Bet that makes him cry too.

But really, Beck did make at least one accurate statement here: He's no Edward R. Murrow.

Hell, he's not even a Krusty the Klown.

Glenn Beck's facade starts cracking: How dare they compare me to McCarthy? I compare me to Murrow! | Crooks and Liars

Why are liberal talk show host always lying through their teeth?

Oh please ask me to prove it!!!! I have olbermanwatch on speed dial!

Well I can see that I hit at least one dog in the pack.

My problem with Glenn Beck is primarily with his over-the-top fear mongering (yes, fear mongering) way he presents his material.

Every media outlet and pundit will bend and distort the truth to fit their agenda.
It is called COMMON SENSE! He has loads of Common sense but I know many people that have little to no common sense but academically they are A+. All academic's do nothing if you don't have common sense to apply what you've learned.

Perhaps you fall into that category.

YouTube - Glenn Beck-09-16-09-C

Beck made a super dupper funny comment between 6:40 and 7:00 on that video.

This is one of his "Sane" moments where he actually isn't being wildly sarcastic and out of bounds.

That shit was funny!! I was sitting in my recliner with an ice cold glass of Jim Beam and coke and watching Beck (that I had tivo'd) and when he said that I damn near had JB and coke coming out my nose!

Oh, did I mention...

GLENN BECK!!

Beck singlehandedly sunk Van Jones by showing people what Van Jones had said in the past...in Van Jones' own words.

Then Beck gave 2 citizens exposure for their expose on ACORN, now ACORN is having their funding stopped.

This is why you see the hate and fear by many in regards to Beck. They just dont understand how a nitwit like Beck not only has people who truly listen to and follow him, but that actually impact the political landscape.

Yes, that scares me.

Can you give some specific lies Beck has told? Unless of course you feel that half a truth isn't half a lie. If that's the case then nevermind.

Yes, that scares me.

Can you give some specific lies Beck has told? Unless of course you feel that half a truth isn't half a lie. If that's the case then nevermind.

If I was looking to get into an in depth debate about the merits of Glenn Beck's words, yes, I could.

Yes, that scares me.
He has uncovered a lot of nuts that the pom-pom waving MSM have ignored, in favor of being a propaganda arm of the DNC.

Nutty as he is, he still has done investigative work that the media used to do.

Forgotten Woodward and Bernstein so soon, have we?

Forum List

Back