Alexey Shved - White: Russia
Greg Stiemsma - White: Wisconsin
Derrick Williams - Black: California

how "black" is a team supposed to be?

I don't see it
10121541.jpg

maybe this was the Timberwolves that they were talking about

GYI0062925584_crop_450x500.jpg

I swear it never ends. Blacks get paid crazy money to run up and down a court playing with a ball, and yet someone still feels they are owed something more. I mean, my God. Be thankful these incompetent fools are able to make a very nice living without resorting to crime. This welfare mentality has simply got to stop.

Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council, told the Star-Tribune that he thinks the unbalanced roster could be seen as a ploy by the ownership to sell the team to a majority-white fan base.

"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" Terrell said to the Star-Tribune. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."

Ron Edwards, a longtime Minneapolis civil rights advocate, told the Star-Tribune that it was "somewhat disturbing" when he saw a game last season in which Wes Johnson was the only black player on the floor for the Timberwolves. The composition of this season's roster has prompted Edwards to react even stronger.

"It raises some real questions to me about what's really intended," Edwards said. "I think, personally, that it was calculated. Is this an attempt to get fans back in the stands? Minnesota, after all, is a pretty white state.

Imagine conservative activists or pundits saying the same nonsense about 100% black rosters. Would it had gone unnoticed by mainstream media??

Lou Amudson - White: California
Jose Juan Barea - Hispanic: Puerto Rico
Chase Budinger - White: California
Will Conroy - Black: Oregon
Dante Cunningham - Black: Maryland
Andrei Kirilenko - White: Russia
Malcolm Lee - Black: California
Kevin Love - White: California
Nikola Pekovic - White: Yugoslavia
Luke Ridnour - White: Idaho
Brandon Roy - Black: Washington
Ricky Rubio - Hispanic: Spain
Alexey Shved - White: Russia
Greg Stiemsma - White: Wisconsin
Derrick Williams - Black: California

Wrong. Ricky Rubio is european, not hispanic. Two grandparents of Jose Juan Barea were born in Spain. And Pekovic is from Montenegro

Living in Minneapolis, one of the most liberal cities in the US, about the only persons to whine about the "whiteness" of my beloved Wolves was Terrell and a piss-poor sportswriter who happens to be white.
Overall, the story got negative reactions from both blacks and whites within the community and from the team.
If one notices the team has quite a few foreign players who are white. They unsucccessfully tried to sign a two restricted free agents who were black but lost out as they were out-bid. So they ended up signing two white players. The big make-up of this team are players who strive in Coach Aldemen's offersive system. That was the plan for the team from the get-go.
So, how does this apply to idologies? It doesn't at all.

I don't think you have to be Black to play Basketball. Seems like the teams look for Tall and Semi-Retarded guys.

Forum List

Back