Tim Thomas Says No Thanks to White House Visit

Timmy put himself before the team. The Stanley Cup champions were invited to White House.

Selfish move.

Actually....it shows character.

He stuck to his principles. :clap2:

I get that he was sticking up for his political or philosophical principles or whatever one may want to call them.

I get that this wasn't some partisan thing for him, he laid blame on both parties.

But when the team was invited and he declined for those reasons and aired them out for everyone to see, he put his individual opinions ahead of his team being honored. The news should have been about the Stanley Cup Champions visiting the White House. Instead, it turned into a media frenzy with Bruins brass having to answer for Thomas' statements.

In the line of business that he is in, to me, that doesn't fly.

Bruins? MVP goalie Tim Thomas skips White House visit - NHL - Sporting News

Something tells me this is the kind of thing that really gets under obama's skin, so more power to him!

I am not sure how you can support this move. First, like it or not, Obama is our President and he deserves respect. This is the a slap in the face and very disrespectful act. Imagine if a leftist was doing this to say Ronald Reagan, please would be justifiably pissed off.

Second, I get sick and tired of the hollywood elitist left using their celebrity to preach their political views to the public, so I get equally irritated when a member of the right does it.

Third, does hockey really need this. Like it or not, but the race card will be used here. A the so-called and extremely unfairly labeled "White-Man's Sport" gets bad PR. A white man in the white man sport dissing the first black President. Too much fuel for the race card for me.

Timmy put himself before the team. The Stanley Cup champions were invited to White House.

Selfish move.

I get that he was sticking up for his political or philosophical principles or whatever one may want to call them.

I get that this wasn't some partisan thing for him, he laid blame on both parties.

But when the team was invited and he declined for those reasons and aired them out for everyone to see, he put his individual opinions ahead of his team being honored. The news should have been about the Stanley Cup Champions visiting the White House. Instead, it turned into a media frenzy with Bruins brass having to answer for Thomas' statements.

I agree...I cringed when I heard the news yesterday morning and I thought the same...In that position, you should just set political opinions aside and go to the White House out of respect for your team and the fans and also out of respect for the presidency.

I like Tim Thomas, but IMO he made a mistake in not joining his team.

Last edited:

I agree...I cringed when I heard the news yesterday morning and I thought the same...In that position, you should just set political opinions aside and go to the White House out of respect for your team and the fans and also out of respect for the presidency.

I like Tim Thomas, but IMO he made a mistake in not joining his team.

I think in order to get respect you have to earn it.

Last night Obama was lying his ass off.

He doesn't deserve any.

Shouldn't it be considered an honor to meet the President?
No matter what political affiliation...

Tim Thomas is under no obligation to go to this event, but for me it would be an opportunity of a lifetime...and I'm no fan of Obama personally...but meeting a President is not something that happens everyday.

Timmay! should concentrate on stopping pucks... At least stopping more than he's been letting in as of late...

But, to each their own... Can't blame him for feeling the way he does...

2 Vezinas, a Cup, highest save percentage ever (and most dominate goaltending year since Hasek imo) in the past 3 years says otherwise :tongue:

edit: just picking on ya cause I'm an Isles fan lol

Forum List

Back