Tim Thomas Says No Thanks to White House Visit

People are entitled to their political opinions. If you want a real shitbag, look at Manny refusing to visit Walter Reed.

Bruins? MVP goalie Tim Thomas skips White House visit - NHL - Sporting News

Something tells me this is the kind of thing that really gets under obama's skin, so more power to him!

I hate when people use their position of celebrity that has nothing to do with politics to make a political point...I hate it when movie stars do it, I hate when athletes do it, etc...

Tim Thomas, go be with your team and celebrate your incredible accomplishments instead of turning it into an issue about why you didn't go.

Become a blogger after you retire if you want to talk politics.

But.... if the President was a Republican and it was a liberal who turned him down... that would greeted by much amusement.... hypocrite.

and you know that he would do that how?

fuckwit

Here are some other assorted "racists" and "bigots" and people who are "disrespectful", because they didn't accept Obama's invitation to the White House:

Dan Hampton (member of 1985 NFL champion Chicago Bears)
Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart (NASCAR drivers)
James Harrison (member of 2009 NFL Champion Pittsburgh Steelers)

Here's a list of people who refused invitations by REPUBLICAN Presidents (they, of course, are great Americans who were practicing their "freedom of speech" rights):

Joey Porter, James Harrison, Tommy Maddox (members of 2006 NFL Champion Pittsburgh Steelers)
Manny Ramirez (member of 2007 MLB Champion Boston Red Sox)
Michael Jordan (member of 1991 NBA Champion Chicago Bulls)
Larry Bird (member 1984 NBA Champion Boston Celtics)

I won't even try to list all of the "non-athlete" people who declined invitations to the G.W. Bush White House.

Something tells me this is the kind of thing that really gets under obama's skin, so more power to him!

I hate when people use their position of celebrity that has nothing to do with politics to make a political point...I hate it when movie stars do it, I hate when athletes do it, etc...

Tim Thomas, go be with your team and celebrate your incredible accomplishments instead of turning it into an issue about why you didn't go.

Yeah.....the Dixie Chicks suck.

Yeah.....the Dixie Chicks suck.

Yeah...agreed, that's why I listed them a couple of posts later.

Timmy put himself before the team. The Stanley Cup champions were invited to White House.

Selfish move.

But.... if the President was a Republican and it was a liberal who turned him down... that would greeted by much amusement.... hypocrite.

You make a lot of shit up.

People are also entitled to have some dignity and make a personal decision to not participate in something that goes against integrity. He gave his reason and that was that. He isn't running on it like its his new cash register. The president is welcome to garner support in this manner. And Thomas has the right to reject it and state his claim. End of story.

Thomas insulted his team more than he insulted the President

I've heard that Thomas was one of only two US-born players on his team. So the rest of his foreigner teammates going to the White House means a lot of nothing.

Forum List

Back