Tim Tebow staying for senior year, what now for Lions?

yes, But Not Because They Aren't Getting Tim Tebow!

$Irony.jpg

:cool:

Yeah, Tebow's not a #1. He's another Gino Torretta.

Maybe Bradford? Is he coming out?

Last edited:

Tebow will not be a first round pick anyway... even now he is projected as a late 2nd round pick at best...

Lions SHOULD trade down... but you see this less and less now, unless there is a primo talent to go at #1...

So... they will have to address need... and look at budget... and it is more economical to go for immediate impact and domination at a position that will last longer and has more guaranteed success... namely DL or OL... You can pick up quality later in the draft at QB, RB, WR, and TE

Tebow will not be a first round pick anyway... even now he is projected as a late 2nd round pick at best...

Lions SHOULD trade down... but you see this less and less now, unless there is a primo talent to go at #1...

So... they will have to address need... and look at budget... and it is more economical to go for immediate impact and domination at a position that will last longer and has more guaranteed success... namely DL or OL... You can pick up quality later in the draft at QB, RB, WR, and TE

What about second string QB's, like Cassle? Just an idea

Bingo. Hey, on sports you seem to make perfect sense.

What about second string QB's, like Cassle? Just an idea

You're assuming that Brady will be back and the Patriots won't need Cassle next year. That's a pretty big assumption at this point.

I see Detroit going with Bradford, as I understand he has declared for the draft.

I see them going for a vet of some sort... when a team is rebuilding from scratch, there HAS to be leadership at the QB position.. even if it is someone who has seen their best days already go by.. Warner or Garcia could fill this role... and if you do this with older QB's, and when preparing for a future young QB, you HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON IMPROVING THE OL.... it is the logical first step for both aspects of the issue

This is not the year of the QB for the draft... wasting the #1 pick on a QB that is not really going to be projected as a superstar in the league, is a waste of a pick... that would be a Millen type move.. that is exactly what they have to get away from

I see them going for a vet of some sort... when a team is rebuilding from scratch, there HAS to be leadership at the QB position.. even if it is someone who has seen their best days already go by.. Warner or Garcia could fill this role... and if you do this with older QB's, and when preparing for a future young QB, you HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON IMPROVING THE OL.... it is the logical first step for both aspects of the issue

This is not the year of the QB for the draft... wasting the #1 pick on a QB that is not really going to be projected as a superstar in the league, is a waste of a pick... that would be a Millen type move.. that is exactly what they have to get away from

we already had and hated Garcia. We also have Kitna and Culpepper on the roster still.

This OLine is pathetic. That should be addressed well before a qb, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, looks like Bradford has opted out of the draft as well. I'm sure that pisses Tebow off, I think he was expecting a second Heisman for sure if he stayed for his senior year after winning two national championships.

I think the hiring of Scwartz is a step in the right direction for them.

Forum List

Back