Tim got a new job!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
He was tired of the current place he works, and the way their business is going, it looks like they may not be around much longer.

Anyway, last week, he spotted a work truck of one of his competitors, and on the off chance they would be hiring, gave them a call. He has 6 years experience in the industry he's in, because he started just out of HS (he's not ever really had another FT job, rest were all PT), and upon hearing that, the HR person and the guy who would be his super, wanted him in for an interview the next day! After the interview, they told him he would know within a few days. It wasn't even that long, they called him at noon the next day!

He will be making $2/hr more than he makes now, guaranteed no layoffs at least this season, and he will be just down the road from my job, about 5 miles, but he will be doing pretty much what he does now, just with a different, more organized company.

The job is union, and I am not big on unions, but they have their good points, like all healthcare benefits are at no cost to Tim, and they WILL cover me, Nathan, my pregnancy, and the new baby. Not sure about prescriptions though. He will get more details about that in a few weeks, after he starts. I just want to make sure we don't have to pay astronomical co-pays, etc, and make sure i don't have to change OB/GYN's or Nathan's dr. The coverage would not be effective until Feb, but I will then: 1. be able to drop the benefits at my job, because they are going up (ugh!), 2. not have to worry about whether or not a new job's insurance will cover me, if I do decide to leave in between now and my due date.

no response needed, i just am so happy! This is going to set us up very nicely this winter!

Forum List

Back