Tillerson out?

Trump hasn’t imposed any new sanctions at all. He’s finally imposed the sanction that Congress voted for months ago.

This is important. Trump pointedly did NOT sanction any of the individuals or entities charged by Mueller in the Russian investigation. Nor has Trump personally spoken one harsh word against Putin.

He did nothing to block sanctions imposed last year and this month new sanctions were imposed for Russian attempts to hack our power grid. As for speaking harshly against Putin, he does not do that, nor against Xi Jinping, both of whom he needs in dealing with North Korea, and he needs Russia's cooperation in dealing with Assad in Syria. He did postpone imposing sanctions on some entities doing business in Russia to see if the threat of sanctions would have the desired effect--this to protect American businesses. The GOP architects of the law have not been at all concerned that the administration has delayed imposing some of the sanctions as they are convinced the Administration is taking the issue very seriously.

The problem we have is that the MSM--NY Times, WAPO, CNN et al--will not report what is happening or any of the background, but merely feed to the public part of the story and in a way to make the President look as bad as possible. And of course all those suffering TDS just lap that up and don't seem to care that there is much more to the story.

My prayer is that Americans will wake up and be willing to see the truth instead of buying into all the hatred and resentment that Donald J. Trump is the lawfully elected President of the United States of America. That people will want what is best for America instead of being focused on their sole hope that he will be destroyed.

A good start is not trusting everything the MSM is saying about him in the way they say it.
how about trump gets treated the same way your trash treated obama?

he gets treated much worse. the media worshiped obozo the Kenyan messiah
you do recall what your leader McConnell said about obama almost before he opened the door of the WH ?? He was going to get NOTHING if repubs could help it they were slime then they are slime now

He said he would fight against Obama's left wing policies and agendas. Not the man himself. Even you libs know that Trump's policies are working, so you have to attack him personally.

You appear to be a victim of too much left wing media indoctrination. Try listening to something besides MSNBC and CNN, you might be surprised.
I'd throw my glass of scotch at the TV if forced to watch FOX

He did nothing to block sanctions imposed last year and this month new sanctions were imposed for Russian attempts to hack our power grid. As for speaking harshly against Putin, he does not do that, nor against Xi Jinping, both of whom he needs in dealing with North Korea, and he needs Russia's cooperation in dealing with Assad in Syria. He did postpone imposing sanctions on some entities doing business in Russia to see if the threat of sanctions would have the desired effect--this to protect American businesses. The GOP architects of the law have not been at all concerned that the administration has delayed imposing some of the sanctions as they are convinced the Administration is taking the issue very seriously.

The problem we have is that the MSM--NY Times, WAPO, CNN et al--will not report what is happening or any of the background, but merely feed to the public part of the story and in a way to make the President look as bad as possible. And of course all those suffering TDS just lap that up and don't seem to care that there is much more to the story.

My prayer is that Americans will wake up and be willing to see the truth instead of buying into all the hatred and resentment that Donald J. Trump is the lawfully elected President of the United States of America. That people will want what is best for America instead of being focused on their sole hope that he will be destroyed.

A good start is not trusting everything the MSM is saying about him in the way they say it.

you do recall what your leader McConnell said about obama almost before he opened the door of the WH ?? He was going to get NOTHING if repubs could help it they were slime then they are slime now

He said he would fight against Obama's left wing policies and agendas. Not the man himself. Even you libs know that Trump's policies are working, so you have to attack him personally.

You appear to be a victim of too much left wing media indoctrination. Try listening to something besides MSNBC and CNN, you might be surprised.

A bit less Scotch might help a lot of people's perception problem. Certainly the story of Tillerson and Trump or most other stories re Trump isn't being reported accurately by most of the MSM.

A bit less Scotch might help a lot of people's perception problem.
one at the closing bell never hurt anyones perspective or perception

What do you think Putin "has on him"? Mueller cant find anything, the congress investigation cant find anything. Do you know something they don't?
First Haley then Huckabee bad mouthed Russia for their actions in poisoning Then when Trump was asked he came up lame on the subject Is he that afraid of what Putin has on him?? Seems so

I think it is pretty obvious that President Trump isn't much afraid of anybody or anything. He certainly isn't your ordinary poll tested, scripted politician who carefully avoids anything that isn't politically expedient--those people are afraid of almost everything.

As for President Trump being afraid of Putin, I suppose that is why he has just imposed new sanctions on Russia in addition to those already in place as well as joining Britain, France, and Germany in condemning the Russians for murder of an ex-Russian spy living in the U.K.
US accuses Russia of ongoing operation to hack energy grid

Trump hasn’t imposed any new sanctions at all. He’s finally imposed the sanction that Congress voted for months ago.

This is important. Trump pointedly did NOT sanction any of the individuals or entities charged by Mueller in the Russian investigation. Nor has Trump personally spoken one harsh word against Putin.

I’m not getting the US MSM at all and this is what I see:

1. I see a management style which produces chaos and little else. It takes 6 months to settle into new jobs, and longer when you’ve never done anything remotely similar. Nobody in this administration is staying long enough to know what they’re doing much less get it done.

Watching this mess unfold, it’s not surprising so many of Trump’s businesses have gone bankrupt.

2. I see a man more interested in redressing private grievances than in running the country.

3. The budget is out of control. Nothing is getting done of immigration, and a blue wave is coming in November.

4. Mueller is relentless. I’m assuming money laundering charges will be forthcoming against the NRA and the Trump Corporation.

5. Right after the election a Washington friend told me that at lunch with a top ranking Republican, the Senator said that they would play along with Trump, and get what they need from him (tax cuts), giving him enough rope to hang himself and when they had what they wanted, they’d impeach him and then sell it at mid-terms that Republicans saved them from the danger that is Trump.

It’s a little late to dump Trump before mid-terms now.

If you are not getting U.S. MSM, you really are getting a distorted view of what is happening. You see whatever you are getting from whatever sources are available to you and I guarantee you that those sources have so far been mostly wrong about President Trump. And they are giving very short shrift to anything positive if they cover it at all.

The American MSM and national MSM devoted hours and hours and hours to Trump/Russia collusion for which there still is zero evidence that it happened and it has been apparent to the intellectually honest from the beginning that there was most likely no there there. They devoted less than 10 minutes total to tax reform. They devoted less than 30 seconds to the House Intelligence Committee announcement that no Russian collusion was found in either the Trump or Clinton campaigns. That is not fair and balanced reporting.

I agree that it takes some time to learn and master a complex job, but it doesn't take six months to see that a person is foundering in a job, isn't learning it, and/or isn't going to be able to do it effectively. Lord knows as an executive, I didn't leave incompetent people in their jobs for six months. But Tillerson has had well over a year in his post as Secretary of State however, and his leaving has to do with being at cross purposes with President Trump's agenda and not his competence. And the separation is amicable as Tillerson remains on the job during the transition/confirmation process. The media reports that Tillerson was fired via Twitter are dishonestly inaccurate as Tillerson had been advised of the situation several days earlier.

Are Tillerson's instincts superior to that of the President? No way to know as once again we can't know the whole back story, and we cannot trust the media to report it honestly if they know.

Has and will President Trump get things wrong and make criticizable mistakes? Absolutely. He has and will as does anybody else in his position. But he does not deserve the press he has gotten and the MSM is doing him and the country a cruel and dishonest disservice by reporting only what they can make to look bad and almost nothing of what is actually happening.

There is a lot happening and very little of it is good.

You have to be willfully blind not to see the collusion or the obstruction. The House Intelligence Committee Chairman has sabotaged the House Oversight Committee from the get go.

The Mueller Investigation continues unabated and appears to be closing in on the money laundering. I’m willing to bet real money that this is the sword Donald Trump will fall on. Him and the whole Trump family.

Trump’s foolish boasting that he lied to Justin Trudeau, walked into a negotiating meeting completely unprepared, and got played for it utterly, by a high school drama teacher.

Notice there no tariffs on Canadian steel or aluminum.

I think it is pretty obvious that President Trump isn't much afraid of anybody or anything. He certainly isn't your ordinary poll tested, scripted politician who carefully avoids anything that isn't politically expedient--those people are afraid of almost everything.

As for President Trump being afraid of Putin, I suppose that is why he has just imposed new sanctions on Russia in addition to those already in place as well as joining Britain, France, and Germany in condemning the Russians for murder of an ex-Russian spy living in the U.K.

1. I see a management style which produces chaos and little else. It takes 6 months to settle into new jobs, and longer when you’ve never done anything remotely similar. Nobody in this administration is staying long enough to know what they’re doing much less get it done.

Watching this mess unfold, it’s not surprising so many of Trump’s businesses have gone bankrupt.

2. I see a man more interested in redressing private grievances than in running the country.

3. The budget is out of control. Nothing is getting done of immigration, and a blue wave is coming in November.

4. Mueller is relentless. I’m assuming money laundering charges will be forthcoming against the NRA and the Trump Corporation.

5. Right after the election a Washington friend told me that at lunch with a top ranking Republican, the Senator said that they would play along with Trump, and get what they need from him (tax cuts), giving him enough rope to hang himself and when they had what they wanted, they’d impeach him and then sell it at mid-terms that Republicans saved them from the danger that is Trump.

If you are not getting U.S. MSM, you really are getting a distorted view of what is happening. You see whatever you are getting from whatever sources are available to you and I guarantee you that those sources have so far been mostly wrong about President Trump. And they are giving very short shrift to anything positive if they cover it at all.

The American MSM and national MSM devoted hours and hours and hours to Trump/Russia collusion for which there still is zero evidence that it happened and it has been apparent to the intellectually honest from the beginning that there was most likely no there there. They devoted less than 10 minutes total to tax reform. They devoted less than 30 seconds to the House Intelligence Committee announcement that no Russian collusion was found in either the Trump or Clinton campaigns. That is not fair and balanced reporting.

I agree that it takes some time to learn and master a complex job, but it doesn't take six months to see that a person is foundering in a job, isn't learning it, and/or isn't going to be able to do it effectively. Lord knows as an executive, I didn't leave incompetent people in their jobs for six months. But Tillerson has had well over a year in his post as Secretary of State however, and his leaving has to do with being at cross purposes with President Trump's agenda and not his competence. And the separation is amicable as Tillerson remains on the job during the transition/confirmation process. The media reports that Tillerson was fired via Twitter are dishonestly inaccurate as Tillerson had been advised of the situation several days earlier.

Are Tillerson's instincts superior to that of the President? No way to know as once again we can't know the whole back story, and we cannot trust the media to report it honestly if they know.

Has and will President Trump get things wrong and make criticizable mistakes? Absolutely. He has and will as does anybody else in his position. But he does not deserve the press he has gotten and the MSM is doing him and the country a cruel and dishonest disservice by reporting only what they can make to look bad and almost nothing of what is actually happening.

You have to be willfully blind not to see the collusion or the obstruction. The House Intelligence Committee Chairman has sabotaged the House Oversight Committee from the get go.

The Mueller Investigation continues unabated and appears to be closing in on the money laundering. I’m willing to bet real money that this is the sword Donald Trump will fall on. Him and the whole Trump family.

Trump’s foolish boasting that he lied to Justin Trudeau, walked into a negotiating meeting completely unprepared, and got played for it utterly, by a high school drama teacher.

You get no American media and yet you seem to know all this? And this is all you know? You don't see a problem with that?

then you are ignorant by choice. brilliant

do you live under Pelosi's dress? that's about the only place that kind of stupidity could come from.

You get no American media and yet you seem to know all this? And this is all you know? You don't see a problem with that?

The thing I see Trump doing are no better.

Cutting taxes in the middle of an economic boom with full employment??? What drugs is he on? Oh wait, that money went to Trump and his billlionaire cabinet. Silly me!

Even if this strategy were to produce jobs in half the numbers Trump is predicting, who is going to fill these jobs? You’re at 4% unemployment now.

Now that you’re already in massive deficits territory, where is the money going to come from for infrastructure?

How can the Senate get anything done with endless confirmation hearings for fired Cabinet Members?

do you live under Pelosi's dress? that's about the only place that kind of stupidity could come from.

Yesterday, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders called Assistant Director McCabe a “bad actor” and hoped that he would be fired.

Assistant Director McCabe is a decorated American hero. A member of the FBI SWAT Team in New York. The guy who lead the investigation of the Boston Bombers. A man who Trump wants to see fired with no pension.

How dare they lie and smear this man who has put his life on the line for his country for more than 20 years. And now Trump the bully wants to steal his pension.

What a piece of shit. Trampling the little guy just because he can.

Yesterday, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders called Assistant Director McCabe a “bad actor” and hoped that he would be fired.

Assistant Director McCabe is a decorated American hero. A member of the FBI SWAT Team in New York. The guy who lead the investigation of the Boston Bombers. A man who Trump wants to see fired with no pension.

How dare they lie and smear this man who has put his life on the line for his country for more than 20 years. And now Trump the bully wants to steal his pension.

What a piece of shit. Trampling the little guy just because he can.

Trump will get his, he is running scared of special prosecutor investigation & sending a message to shut it down. Trump also must consistently purge anyone who would vote Amendment 25.

Forum List

Back