Tiger Woods will never reach Jack Nicklauses 18 majors

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is a stupid statement. At 14 majors and 34 years old he will almost certainly win 5 more majors. In spite of the self inflicted tumoil of the last year he was still in the running for several tournaments this last season. Golf is a game of the mind as much as it is physical. Once Tiger gets right with himself and who he is he will be fine. His problem was that he got married and tried to settle down. Almost every superstar professional athlete that remains single does well. He needs to put his failed marraige behind him and just be himself. No one would have said a thing about him scewing all those women if he was single. He still has the talent to be the best golfer on any course on any week. He probably has another ten years to be competitive. My money is on Tiger.

I think he has one more year to get his head on straight.

That may very well be. The drive for perfection and an absolute fear and hatred of losing is what makes a great golfer. I play the game. I love it. I hit about one out of twenty shots just as good as Woods so at least I have tiny glimpses of the thrill of a great golf shot. I also play my best golf when under preassure and have people standing around watching. I just don't have the physical skill or the focus or the drive to make my game pro level. Shot a 61 once for eighteen. That day was fucking magical. Never a hole in one though.

Anyway it may take Tiger a year to put his failures behind him but I believe he will emerge a wiser and more steady and more focused player in the future.

I am watching Nicklaus in the early 70s -ruled the game ....best ever...................... coming off a a slump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back