Tiger Woods is getting OLD - mid 30s

Saw him play at Bay Hill the other week, and I don't think it's his age. I think he's not there mentally to be at the best of his game. The people I was with and myself noticed he didn't smile once the whole time (we shadowed him the back nine). He just seemed miserable, and still a little bit ashamed the whole time, it was awkward.

Plus Mickelson is 4-5 years older than Tiger-and he's doing great.

edit: but I do agree he's never had the competition like the others you listed did, especially in his earlier years.

Just to play devil's advocate and because I'm curious, is it now instead of being a handful of a elite golfers, there are dozens makes it seem that the competition has dropped when actually it's increased?

Where the best players can come from anywhere in the world, any race etc...

Where there's more golf courses, more ability to play for younger golfers, more tours to try and make a living at it professionally, expanding heavily in Asia for example, more ability to get customized equipment which fits a players play, meaning more chances for talent to make it to the PGA, and thus more elite talents vying for wins and spreading those wins over a wider range of players.
The thing with golf is you are playing against the course.
You may claim he did not have competition, but you can't deny what he did against a tough course

New Topics

Forum List

Back