Ties with China not at India’s expense: Sri Lanka

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Sri Lanka should never go against India, a fellow Buddhist country.

---

Our friendship with China is not at the expense of India. India should not get too worried. The two governments understand what’s happening, and we are moving closely. It is only the Indian media which talks of an uneasiness in the ties. There’s nothing I can do about it. We have good defence and economic ties with New Delhi. We are looking at how India can help develop Trincomalee harbour along with Japan. We are both committed to seeing the success of the Bay of Bengal as an economic area. The economies of the five southern Indian states should be at least worth 500 billion dollars. If we work together, that can grow to nearly a trillion dollars. There is close sharing of security information. This has been one of the good periods in relations with India.

Ties with China not at India’s expense: Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

BS ----Sri Lanka ties with china ARE at the expense of India------you silly
GANDHIJI like kids

NEW DELHI —
India’s plans to invest in a strategic port in Sri Lanka as a counterbalance to China’s massive infrastructure investments in the Indian Ocean island country got a push Wednesday as Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe visited New Delhi.

China’s development of the key Hambantota port in Sri Lanka, which is a gateway to crucial shipping lanes, has raised concerns in New Delhi about Beijing’s widening naval influence in its neighborhood.

In New Delhi, India and Sri Lanka signed a memorandum of understanding on economic cooperation and expressed commitment to its implementation. Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Gopal Baglay, tweeted that it signaled “deepening economic collaboration.”

India’s Planned Investment in Sri Lanka’s Trincomalee Port Gets a Push

Sri Lanka rejects Chinese request for submarine visit

COLOMBO: Sri Lanka has rejected China’s request to dock one of its submarines in Colombo this month, two senior government officials said on Thursday as the Indian prime minister landed in the island nation.

Sri Lanka last allowed a Chinese submarine to dock in the capital of Colombo in October 2014, a move that triggered fierce opposition from its northern neighbor India, which worries about growing Chinese activity in a country it has long viewed as part of its area of influence.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Sri Lanka on Thursday for a two-day official visit.

A senior Sri Lankan government official said China’s request to dock one of its submarines in Colombo this month had been rejected. He said Sri Lanka was “unlikely” to agree to China’s request to dock the submarine at any time, given India’s concerns. The official asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the matter.

The second official, at the defense ministry, also said China’s request to dock this month had been rejected but that a decision on a further docking had been postponed.

Sri Lanka rejects Chinese request for submarine visit — officials

oy Modi is such a naïve hindu boy

He needs to hang out with street smart jewish girls :)

street smart? jewish girls are not street smart. --------when I was 22 I asked my mom----"what's a hickie" ? she laughed. It is true that naïve hindu boys do well when they hook up with jewish girls-- (I know a few couples from Bombay ----make that MUMBAI) -------getting back to Gandhiji boys-------yes THEY ARE NAIVE.
Pakistanis and Iranians EAT THEM FOR LUNCH. It broke my heart when I observed
this phenomenon--------when I worked in a situation that involved educated
persons from south east asia---------OY----the hindus were like plankton for the Pakistani and Iranian muslims. They SWALLOWED THEM WHOLE

street smart? jewish girls are not street smart. --------when I was 22 I asked my mom----"what's a hickie" ? she laughed. It is true that naïve hindu boys do well when they hook up with jewish girls-- (I know a few couples from Bombay ----make that MUMBAI) -------getting back to Gandhiji boys-------yes THEY ARE NAIVE.
persons from south east asia---------OY----the hindus were like plankton for the Pakistani and Iranian muslims. They SWALLOWED THEM WHOLE

I hung out with a Jewish girl in my early twenties. It was in Los Angeles though not in Mumbai. She was a nice girl. She used to be very curious about cricket.

My first real high tech job was working for a Jewish lady who owned a small software engineering business in Los Angeles. She was by far one of the meanest boss I ever had. She would lecture me about the importance of saving money before handing me my paycheck -- every payday. There was an Iranian modeling agency right next door. She used to refer to those Iranian models as whores. She was mean. I was so stressed about dealing with her that when I quit my job, I did it over the phone. I did not even go to pickup my last paycheck.

I hung out with a Jewish girl in my early twenties. It was in Los Angeles though not in Mumbai. She was a nice girl. She used to be very curious about cricket.

My first real high tech job was working for a Jewish lady who owned a small software engineering business in Los Angeles. She was by far one of the meanest boss I ever had. She would lecture me about the importance of saving money before handing me my paycheck -- every payday. There was an Iranian modeling agency right next door. She used to refer to those Iranian models as whores. She was mean. I was so stressed about dealing with her that when I quit my job, I did it over the phone. I did not even go to pickup my last paycheck.

I hope you had saved up enough money to last to the next job

Naw! I spent all my money making rain (of dollar bills) at Body Shop on Sunset Boulevard. After all, those blonde shikshas needed some money too. And, whatever survived was spent on buying expresso coffee and pilaaf for Iranian models :)

Coming back to my boss, she really liked an older Israeli guy. He owned a small market which sold middle eastern grocery items. They were both in their late fifties back then. That dude was rough and tough. I guess he was the only man in the universe who was not intimidated by her. One day she sent me to get a feeler on whether he liked her or not. The guy told me flat out that she was a b****.

When I came back, she asked me, "So, what did he say?"

I did not have the heart to tell her the truth. I told her something like, "There is a big cultural difference. He is from Israel. You are from Beverly Hills. I do not think he gets you."

Naw! I spent all my money making rain (of dollar bills) at Body Shop on Sunset Boulevard. After all, those blonde shikshas needed some money too. And, whatever survived was spent on buying expresso coffee and pilaaf for Iranian models :)

Coming back to my boss, she really liked an older Israeli guy. He owned a small market which sold middle eastern grocery items. They were both in their late fifties back then. That dude was rough and tough. I guess he was the only man in the universe who was not intimidated by her. One day she sent me to get a feeler on whether he liked her or not. The guy told me flat out that she was a b****.

I did not have the heart to tell her the truth. I told her something like, "There is a big cultural difference. He is from Israel. You are from Beverly Hills. I do not think he gets you."

very diplomatic-------Modi should hire you as an adviser-----something like
SOCIAL SECRETARY

---

Our friendship with China is not at the expense of India. India should not get too worried. The two governments understand what’s happening, and we are moving closely. It is only the Indian media which talks of an uneasiness in the ties. There’s nothing I can do about it. We have good defence and economic ties with New Delhi. We are looking at how India can help develop Trincomalee harbour along with Japan. We are both committed to seeing the success of the Bay of Bengal as an economic area. The economies of the five southern Indian states should be at least worth 500 billion dollars. If we work together, that can grow to nearly a trillion dollars. There is close sharing of security information. This has been one of the good periods in relations with India.

Ties with China not at India’s expense: Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

India is a HINDU country with a Buddhist minority that is smaller than the Christian population.

SOCIAL SECRETARY

My boss she did not like the Iranian dude who owned the modeling agency. And the dude did not like her. Yet they both borrowed stuffs from each other. I was like WTF!

---

India is a HINDU country with a Buddhist minority that is smaller than the Christian population.

Hindu and Buddhist philosophies both have common base called Dharma. That is why there is such a strong support for Dalai Lama in India.

---

Buddha was a hindu prince-------sri lanka and india is FAMILY (some of the cousins do fight----but they are FAMILY)

---

Buddha was a hindu prince-------sri lanka and india is FAMILY (some of the cousins do fight----but they are FAMILY)

SOCIAL SECRETARY

My boss she did not like the Iranian dude who owned the modeling agency. And the dude did not like her. Yet they both borrowed stuffs from each other. I was like WTF!

peaceful co-existence -----it works sometimes

iRosie,

You made two back to back posts that made sense. I think I will call it a day :)

---

Forum List

Back