Tide Turning Against Obama?

Dude, if Obama had to do much pushing when his own party dominates both the House and the Senate, that is a sign of a weakness.

C'mon now - you really want to go on record here in full support of this stimulus bill?

If so, then you need say no more...

let me try to explain....

60 Senate Seats!!!

Get it now? Cool.... and I think Obama really had hoped that congress cared enough about this country to act in a bi-partisan fashion.

FWIW, He's accomplished more in two weeks than baby bush did in eight years..... unless of course, you count an unnecessary war of choice in Iraq, losing a city and helping to bankrupt us as accomplishments.

you are so in denial.

Stimulus Support Edges Higher, Now 59% NEW February 11, 2009
Public support for an $800 billion economic stimulus package has increased to 59% in a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted Tuesday night, up from 52% in Gallup polling a week ago, as well as in late January.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

They are against the pork in the stimulus package.

The campaign is over and the training wheels are off, and this President don't yet know how to ride the bike...

obama-weed.jpg

That's an insult to marijuana smokers.

Yeah, but c'mon - that sh-t is funny!!!!!

Yes it is.

Yeah a good thing, nobody will get extra taxes right now and almost everyone will get tax cuts + more job security. 95 % of the people are getting tax cuts, remember? This investment will be paid back with taxes after the recovery (probably even possible with the same tax levels).

Normally this can not do anything "wrong", it can only fail and then the effects will be less worse then if we did nothing ( but we will have lost money of course). It can't worsen the economy, because the government is giving people/companies work (what they don't have at the moment: demand) by spending and because the private sector doesn't invest the governments actions don't conflict with the actions of the private sector.

If I simplify the economy very much then it comes down to this:

Demand (spending consumers & investments companies) = going down very fast

Supply (companies) = following the demand -> going down very fast (stocks & Jobs)

So what happens with this stimulus (this is an example, I don't have actual numbers so I won't be able to calculate but I suspect the proportions are similar to this example):

+ Demand (spending/investments Government) - Demand (consumers & companies) = "?"

Supply (companies) = following "?"

The possibilities are (government actions seen over a timeframe of 1 to 2 years):
"?" (1) = going down fast (less fast, recovery between 2 and 5 years) Failure
"?" (2) = going down slowly (stabilizing : visibly slowing down and recovering after possibly between 1 and 3 years) Success

It is a risk, but it would be worse if we did nothing because then the risk would be even higher.

Option (3) without the bailout = possibly up to 10 years (depression) because of destruction of mayor companies, banks, ...

Speculation: Biden Himself got probably such a calculation (but then much more complicated of course) from the economic experts of the Obama government in which the outcome was 70 % for option "?" (2) Succes and 30 % for option "?" (1) Failure. That could be the reason why he said it publicly.

reno_drool.jpg

Hey, that picture is disgusting :slap: . Get a better one.

It doesn't fit in this context either, this is a more economic post: not pure political.

FWIW, He's accomplished more in two weeks than baby bush did in eight years..... unless of course, you count an unnecessary war of choice in Iraq, losing a city and helping to bankrupt us as accomplishments.

You call forcing 20 states to write sovereignty bills an accomplishment? :cuckoo:

You call forcing 20 states to write sovereignty bills an accomplishment? :cuckoo:

And what accomplishments are those? Was the stimulus bill his? Everyone talked about the need for a stimulus bill. It wasn't his idea. Also, I seem to recall criticism that he was asleep at the wheel while Pelosi and Reed ran it. And then allowed it to be drenched in earmarks. Despite saying he wouldn't allow that to happen. So do let us review his accomplishments:

1. nominated tax cheats to his cabinet. Including the one in charge of the economy
2. hired Geithner. His first attempt at doing something public was a widely accepted disaster. Market hit its November lows today before a late day rally. Geithner was so ineffective he scared hedge fund managers to rally in a secret meeting at Goldman Sachs to solve the problem on their own. An unprecedented lack of confidence in the administration.
3. demonstrated he will be a puppet of Pelosi and Reed (already covered)
4. completely ignored his bipartisan platform. How many Reps were listened to or voted for the stimulus bill as it stands. About three. And concessions were made to bring them on to achieve the right number.
5. this one is controversial but Elkhart, Indiana for a town hall? Elkhart had double digit unemployment before the recession. Why? They are almost completely tied to the recreational vehicle manufacturing industry and it has been slumping for years. But hey, it looks good to the country, tells "main street" he's their man.

Yes he's accomplished something. I was predicting the summer was when his huge fan base turned on him. It may happen by 3 months.

And what accomplishments are those? Was the stimulus bill his? Everyone talked about the need for a stimulus bill. It wasn't his idea. Also, I seem to recall criticism that he was asleep at the wheel while Pelosi and Reed ran it. And then allowed it to be drenched in earmarks. Despite saying he wouldn't allow that to happen. So do let us review his accomplishments:

1. nominated tax cheats to his cabinet. Including the one in charge of the economy
2. hired Geithner. His first attempt at doing something public was a widely accepted disaster. Market hit its November lows today before a late day rally. Geithner was so ineffective he scared hedge fund managers to rally in a secret meeting at Goldman Sachs to solve the problem on their own. An unprecedented lack of confidence in the administration.
3. demonstrated he will be a puppet of Pelosi and Reed (already covered)
4. completely ignored his bipartisan platform. How many Reps were listened to or voted for the stimulus bill as it stands. About three. And concessions were made to bring them on to achieve the right number.
5. this one is controversial but Elkhart, Indiana for a town hall? Elkhart had double digit unemployment before the recession. Why? They are almost completely tied to the recreational vehicle manufacturing industry and it has been slumping for years. But hey, it looks good to the country, tells "main street" he's their man.

Yes he's accomplished something. I was predicting the summer was when his huge fan base turned on him. It may happen by 3 months.

Tough - but accurate.

Obama's initial foray into real leadership has been utter chaos so far...

Tough - but accurate.

Obama's initial foray into real leadership has been utter chaos so far...

yup ... and its only beginning !

He hasnt done anything that wasnt already started well anything that matters!

Forum List

Back