Tickle me Obama

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
The "View", "Letterman" and whatever other TV shows Obama appears on seems to be an ingratiation play. He delivers his cute and down home, I'm one off you sorta scenarios and many just eat it up, others, not so much.

The question.. Is it Presidential to appear on these types of shows?

After all.. "Tricky Dick" did appear on Laugh-in, worked out well for him...:lol:

The "View", "Letterman" and whatever other TV shows Obama appears on seems to be an ingratiation play. He delivers his cute and down home, I'm one off you sorta scenarios and many just eat it up, others, not so much.

After all.. "Tricky Dick" did appear on Laugh-in, worked out well for him...:lol:

What is "Presidential"?

Maybe you miss the "undisclosed secured bunker" mentality of previous administrations.

What is "Presidential"?

Excellent question.. no answer..:lol:..

I suppose it depends on your point of view.. I'd rather have him on a news shows answering the tough questions.. myself..

Last edited:

Maybe you miss the "undisclosed secured bunker" mentality of previous administrations.

Yup.. that's not happening now...cough.. cough..:lol:

What is "Presidential"?

I suppose it depends on your point of view.. I'd rather have him on a news show answering the tough questions.. myself..

That is the real question. If you want the President to be all bussiness all the time, then going on the View is NOT Presidential. But if you want a President who you can relate to, being down-home folksy IS Presidential.

And we live in a country where both types of people exist. So it's really a useless question to answer.

What is "Presidential"?

I suppose it depends on your point of view.. I'd rather have him on a news show answering the tough questions.. myself..

That is the real question. If you want the President to be all bussiness all the time, then going on the View is NOT Presidential. But if you want a President who you can relate to, being down-home folksy IS Presidential.

And we live in a country where both types of people exist. So it's really a useless question to answer.

Golly Doc.. this kinda screws up the thread.. :rolleyes:

Golly Doc.. this kinda screws up the thread.. :rolleyes:

Sorry...:eusa_whistle::lol:

What is "Presidential"?
Good question. I believe one answer is a President is not a king.

It's a good thing that the Executive makes an occasional appearance on a popular medium and gives the People a chance to evaluate him, rather than hiding from the public the way the criminal sonofabitch who preceded him did.

I don't watch The View but I understand Mr. Obama was well received by both the studio and the viewer audiences.

And George and Laura Bush appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, and Bill Clinton appeared on The Arsenio Hall Show. Sarah Palin appeared on SNL, and Barack Obama and McCain both appeared on the Daily Show during the '08 campaign.

Since this is nothing new, it's hardly 'not presidential.'

What is "Presidential"?
Good question. I believe one answer is a President is not a king.

It's a good thing that the Executive makes an occasional appearance on a popular medium and gives the People a chance to evaluate him, rather than hiding from the public the way the criminal sonofabitch who preceded him did.

I don't watch The View but I understand Mr. Obama was well received by both the studio and the viewer audiences.

sonofabitch....picking on Barbara..:eusa_hand: thems fightin words where I come from..

And George and Laura Bush appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, and Bill Clinton appeared on The Arsenio Hall Show. Sarah Palin appeared on SNL, and Barack Obama and McCain both appeared on the Daily Show during the '08 campaign.

Since this is nothing new, it's hardly 'not presidential.'

I'm sensing some hostility and justification from the left...

so rare on a Political Forum..:lol:

So.. this proves my point.. without hostility .. Political posts don't last..

Forum List

Back